Upgrading the OL | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upgrading the OL

Just saw a mock on phin phanatics that has us taking 2 OL in first 50

I don't see us going all out on any upgrade to our line this offseason. If we add you our line, it'd likely be through the draft. If we did sign a free agent linemen, it would probably be a team friendly deal. We'll still give the three youngins a chance next season to take the next step.

I don't see us going all out on any upgrade to our line this offseason. If we add you our line, it'd likely be through the draft. If we did sign a free agent linemen, it would probably be a team friendly deal. We'll still give the three youngins a chance next season to take the next step.
Many here fail to realize there is no perfect unit. NFL the way it setup is to prevent teams from getting prefect in every position group.

And if a team spend so much resource in building a prefect unit, i.e. OL, all other position group will leak so much behind that the team is doomed to failure.

Sewell = wasted pick

we need a OC, in the draft or FA, one will be brought in. Im hoping for an upgrade to what we had last year.

Chiefs just cut both of their starting OTs to get close to the salary cap. Yes, both ended the season with surgeries, but once the first wave of free agency is done, I would want to check in on how Eric Fisher's recovery is going. If well enough that he can play at some point this season, I'd dangle a 2-year deal in front of him as an upgrade at swing tackle, mentor for our young linemen, and insurance policy on Austin Jackson's continued development.

2021: veteran minimum salary (fully guaranteed), $50k/game bonus for each game he dresses, $450k/game bonus for each game in which he plays a majority of offensive snaps
2022: $4M salary (NOT guaranteed), $25k/game bonus for each game he dresses, $225k/game bonus for each game in which he plays a majority of offensive snaps

If he comes back strong and wins a starting job, we're paying him a middle-of-the pack starting salary. If he doesn't, we have a cheap out.

Chiefs just cut both of their starting OTs to get close to the salary cap. Yes, both ended the season with surgeries, but once the first wave of free agency is done, I would want to check in on how Eric Fisher's recovery is going. If well enough that he can play at some point this season, I'd dangle a 2-year deal in front of him as an upgrade at swing tackle, mentor for our young linemen, and insurance policy on Austin Jackson's continued development.

2021: veteran minimum salary (fully guaranteed), $50k/game bonus for each game he dresses, $450k/game bonus for each game in which he plays a majority of offensive snaps
2022: $4M salary (NOT guaranteed), $25k/game bonus for each game he dresses, $225k/game bonus for each game in which he plays a majority of offensive snaps

If he comes back strong and wins a starting job, we're paying him a middle-of-the pack starting salary. If he doesn't, we have a cheap out.
This is a pipe dream. Eric Fisher will easily find a better deal on the open market and quite frankly if we drafted AJ in the first round then he’s the guy. We’re not going to mess with his confidence by bringing in a veteran. I think the Isaiah Wilson trade did enough to provide us depth thus far.

This is a pipe dream. Eric Fisher will easily find a better deal on the open market and quite frankly if we drafted AJ in the first round then he’s the guy. We’re not going to mess with his confidence by bringing in a veteran. I think the Isaiah Wilson trade did enough to provide us depth thus far.
Nobody cares about Jackson's confidence. He has to be All Pro, not Pro Bowl...but All Pro, before people UN-pencil in Sewell into his spot...

I wish we, as a group, felt that way about EVERY position.

Back
Top Bottom