V. Young To Miami Rumor! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

V. Young To Miami Rumor!

SpeedRush99 said:
Fair enough. However, the whole run first mentality is a product of the system he was in. An NFL coach is not gonna put his franchise QB in the position to take shots left and right by putting him in the shotgun and letting him improvise like he did at Texas.
'

exactly and thats what ALEX said from day one and evreyoen started this whole bash-a-thon on something that was nevre even brought up. all he said was it isn't a run first mentality. Look what happening with Vick, the man won no matter waht you say wiht his feet and passed it made the D unsteady and fustrated. YOung is a BETTER passer and he can be jsut as good of a winner if not better. Why take away someone's god given gift that makes him just as MORE dangerous away?

SR 7 said:
hold on....can you give me a second to respond before ur "I didn't thnk so" response? or did you expect an instant response prior to ur process of clicking on SUBMIT REPLY.

Alex got it on the nose. Scramblers? meaning QB's taht are capable of moving around and running correct? let's see, Ben ring a bell? young? Favre? matt? Vick (his team was bad this year other then that, the man wins no matter what you say, check it out and it was under a new offense that takes 3 yrs to learn) what would be ur success rate btw? b/c if it ake it for how you said it, then Jay Fiedler i'd say was VERY succesful, gannon scrambled when he had to, Daunte, McNabb...any more? or thats not enough? sorry but some ppl dont want to see things differently.

Not sure what your talking about with the quick response crap.

Anyway.

Theres a difference between "mobile" and "scramblers". Of all those guys you listed Vick and maybe Young were scramblers, the rest are mobile. Meaning they can move in the pocket when needed, to avoid pressure and run when the opportunity presents itself. Scrambling is just running before making the proper reads and trying to make plays. No harm in trying to make a play, but not at the expense of properly running an offensive system.

SR 7 said:
'

exactly and thats what ALEX said from day one and evreyoen started this whole bash-a-thon on something that was nevre even brought up. all he said was it isn't a run first mentality. Look what happening with Vick, the man won no matter waht you say wiht his feet and passed it made the D unsteady and fustrated. YOung is a BETTER passer and he can be jsut as good of a winner if not better. Why take away someone's god given gift that makes him just as MORE dangerous away?

What exactly has Vick won?

SpeedRush99 said:
What exactly has Vick won?

He has proven he can win games as a starter there is no denying that

He has never had a losing season as a starter, and led Atlanta in Lambeau field and beat the Packers for the first time EVER on their home field in the playoffs

He isnt a great passer at this point in his career but he does seem to find ways to win

Alex22 said:
He has proven he can win games as a starter there is no denying that

He has never had a losing season as a starter, and led Atlanta in Lambeau field and beat the Packers for the first time EVER on their home field in the playoffs

He isnt a great passer at this point in his career but he does seem to find ways to win

Yet most Young fans hate the comparisons to Vick.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not sure what your talking about with the quick response crap.

Anyway.

Theres a difference between "mobile" and "scramblers". Of all those guys you listed Vick and maybe Young were scramblers, the rest are mobile. Meaning they can move in the pocket when needed, to avoid pressure and run when the opportunity presents itself. Scrambling is just running before making the proper reads and trying to make plays. No harm in trying to make a play, but not at the expense of properly running an offensive system.

did you watch the pro bowl? if so, they had the ball at lets say about the 10-15 and vick had the open lane to run it for a TD with his pseed and ability but threw it instead which didn't go for a TD and then the commentators were saying thast the problem, vick has the abliity to put up 6 poitns and ppl bash on him for runnign when his feet right tehre would have given them 6 pts but due to all the critisizm of the mans talent he went with the threw to satisfy ppl more so and it resulted in an incomplete pass. This is what I am talkign about. a TD is a TD. VY won teh game with his arm vs usc and his feet. if he idnd't have his feet they woudl have NEVER EVER been there. It seems to me that miami fans dont acre all abotu winning but rather a Pocket qb. why not take one that wins you no matter what.

SpeedRush99 said:

that has nothing to do with nething at all. No matter waht you just hate young and thats that. thats fine.

SR 7 said:
that has nothing to do with nething at all. No matter waht you just hate young and thats that. thats fine.

I don't hate him, I just don't like his style. No need to get so worked up. :D

people hate young because they believe he is like mick vick.if you do you are totally wrong.the difference between them is mike thinks run first then pass but mostly runs.Vince looks to pass first then run.Vince young has one of the strongest arms in college football this year.i dont see why any of you hate him other than the cutler lovers.

SpeedRush99 said:

I dont like the comparisons very much

Yeah they are both very good runners but overall they are very different

Its like comparing Jerome Bettis and Marshall Faulk, two of the games best runners that could carry the load, but two different styles of play

Or an even better one

Marino to Favre

Two all time great QB's but totally different styles

SR 7 said:
did you watch the pro bowl? if so, they had the ball at lets say about the 10-15 and vick had the open lane to run it for a TD with his pseed and ability but threw it instead which didn't go for a TD and then the commentators were saying thast the problem, vick has the abliity to put up 6 poitns and ppl bash on him for runnign when his feet right tehre would have given them 6 pts but due to all the critisizm of the mans talent he went with the threw to satisfy ppl more so and it resulted in an incomplete pass. This is what I am talkign about. a TD is a TD. VY won teh game with his arm vs usc and his feet. if he idnd't have his feet they woudl have NEVER EVER been there. It seems to me that miami fans dont acre all abotu winning but rather a Pocket qb. why not take one that wins you no matter what.
i watched the pro bowl. the reason he threw there was not because he was trying to "satisfy" someone by proving he can throw, the reason he threw that is because he SUCKS. he's not a good quarterback. he's always made bad decisions passing the ball and forcing things into double coverage. it was pretty evident in the pro bowl (not like it matters, it's the freaking pro bowl).

Juan Cribbs said:
i watched the pro bowl. the reason he threw there was not because he was trying to "satisfy" someone by proving he can throw, the reason he threw that is because he SUCKS. he's not a good quarterback. he's always made bad decisions passing the ball and forcing things into double coverage. it was pretty evident in the pro bowl (not like it matters, it's the freaking pro bowl).

I disagree and agree at the same time

He does make some bad decisons

But over the last two years he has been playing like he is scared of what everyone will think if he runs with it, and tries to force a lot of throws he cant make

Back
Top Bottom