V. Young To Miami Rumor! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

V. Young To Miami Rumor!

Alex22 said:
Brodcasts

and he doesnt have a run first mentality, actually watch a game, watch the actual plays that were called then realize how stupid that statement was
what's the called plays have to do with it? just because he passes a lot doesn't mean he doesn't have a run-first mentality. his receivers always got open. michael vick would throw the ball a lot too if his receivers had the looks they got. i suggest you follow your own advice and watch the games. when his receivers had trouble with seperation, or the coverage was too good, he ran after 2 reads. it didn't happen much because his receivers are damn good, but it's pretty evident what's going on. examples can be found in the ohio state game and texas a&m game. it's easy to judge a QB when everything is going well around them.

Juan Cribbs said:
what's the called plays have to do with it? just because he passes a lot doesn't mean he doesn't have a run-first mentality. his receivers always got open. michael vick would throw the ball a lot too if his receivers had the looks they got. i suggest you follow your own advice and watch the games. when his receivers had trouble with seperation, or the coverage was too good, he ran after 2 reads. it didn't happen much because his receivers are damn good, but it's pretty evident what's going on. examples can be found in the ohio state game and texas a&m game. it's easy to judge a QB when everything is going well around them.

His recievers were not always open thats ridiculous, they are very good recievers but what you just suggested is completly untrue

Most plays his recievers are his first reads and his tight end is his third read

Now he threw to his TE's and RB's a good amount this seaon, so obviously he was making at LEAST 3 reads before he ran, and even more actually

All you have to do is watch the last TD of the Rose Bowl, watch his head scan the entire field, then watch him take off, obviously one play doesnt mean he always does, but it gives you an idea of the way he plays

anyway im done here

Oh and to anwser your question

The fact that a lot of his runs are designed to be runs is what the playcall has to do with it

okay maybe his receivers aren't always open. maybe 98% of the time. no wait 99%.

btw, "receivers" refers to all eligible receivers, not just wideouts.

Juan Cribbs said:
okay maybe his receivers aren't always open. maybe 98% of the time. no wait 99%.

btw, "receivers" refers to all eligible receivers, not just wideouts.

loll this is funny. So many people already have their minds set taht VY is run first and it WON'T change. It's ok Alex, no need to try to convince them other wise, jsut a waste of time. I myself like Leinart and Cutler but i dont go bashing on Young b/c he is just as good as the other 2 and until we SEE them play in the NFL....NATIONAL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION i will not judge them differently. Matt had the best team in the nation that could have made him good, Cutler took a horrible team into his hands, and VY ahd a great defensive team that helped him win alogn with his feet. They are ALL VERY DIFFERENT from one another. It's like comparing Marino to Young. Marino nevr ran, pocket passer (Leinart) Young ran when needed to on occasion along wtih favre. Which is the better qb? doesn't matter they arre all great QB's. So just drop it. Its annoying how ppl judge on a player b/c he is SO MUCH MORE talented then another QB and isn't the typical 1970's pocket qb. ppl dont like to adjust to the new type of game.

SR 7 said:
loll this is funny. So many people already have their minds set taht VY is run first and it WON'T change. It's ok Alex, no need to try to convince them other wise, jsut a waste of time. I myself like Leinart and Cutler but i dont go bashing on Young b/c he is just as good as the other 2 and until we SEE them play in the NFL....NATIONAL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION i will not judge them differently. Matt had the best team in the nation that could have made him good, Cutler took a horrible team into his hands, and VY ahd a great defensive team that helped him win alogn with his feet. They are ALL VERY DIFFERENT from one another. It's like comparing Marino to Young. Marino nevr ran, pocket passer (Leinart) Young ran when needed to on occasion along wtih favre. Which is the better qb? doesn't matter they arre all great QB's. So just drop it. Its annoying how ppl judge on a player b/c he is SO MUCH MORE talented then another QB and isn't the typical 1970's pocket qb. ppl dont like to adjust to the new type of game.

Contradict yourself much?

And what exactly is the "new type of game"?

That last line is a complete joke. 1970's??? You wanna compare the success rates of pocket passers vs. scramblers???? I didn't think so.

SpeedRush99 said:

That was kind of an odd line after putting the whole equal thing but I get what he meant

The new type of game is one where defenses are faster, the Defensive ends are faster, the linebackers are faster, and QB's need to be more mobile and able to run

Alex22 said:
The new type of game is one where defenses are faster, the Defensive ends are faster, the linebackers are faster, and QB's need to be more mobile and able to run

Yet another reason VY's game needs work.

Juan Cribbs said:
i like that he sthey are all different QBs because of the teams they played on.

Thats not what he said at all

he said they played under differnt circumstances from eachother, so putting one guy in another situation could change the outlook on all this

SpeedRush99 said:
Thank you! Which is exactly why running QBs aren't as successful in the NFL as college. Game speed is very different, hence Mr. Young won't be able to run around as much.

Im not argueing he wont be able to run as much

BUT

People seem to think he has this run first mentality which he doesnt have

Speed is Speed, id rather have a QB that can move and run than one that cant, as long as he can throw which Vince can

Alex22 said:
Thats not what he said at all

he said they played under differnt circumstances from eachother, so putting one guy in another situation could change the outlook on all this

Very true, likewise VY will have to rely on his arm alot more in the NFL cause those fast defenses will be all over him.

Alex22 said:
Im not argueing he wont be able to run as much

BUT

People seem to think he has this run first mentality which he doesnt have

Speed is Speed, id rather have a QB that can move and run than one that cant, as long as he can throw which Vince can

Fair enough. However, the whole run first mentality is a product of the system he was in. An NFL coach is not gonna put his franchise QB in the position to take shots left and right by putting him in the shotgun and letting him improvise like he did at Texas.

SpeedRush99 said:

That last line is a complete joke. 1970's??? You wanna compare the success rates of pocket passers vs. scramblers???? I didn't think so.

hold on....can you give me a second to respond before ur "I didn't thnk so" response? or did you expect an instant response prior to ur process of clicking on SUBMIT REPLY.

Alex got it on the nose. Scramblers? meaning QB's taht are capable of moving around and running correct? let's see, Ben ring a bell? young? Favre? matt? Vick (his team was bad this year other then that, the man wins no matter what you say, check it out and it was under a new offense that takes 3 yrs to learn) what would be ur success rate btw? b/c if it ake it for how you said it, then Jay Fiedler i'd say was VERY succesful, gannon scrambled when he had to, Daunte, McNabb...any more? or thats not enough? sorry but some ppl dont want to see things differently.

Young is a true once in a life time player, unlike Vick Young can pass

SpeedRush99 said:
Fair enough. However, the whole run first mentality is a product of the system he was in. An NFL coach is not gonna put his franchise QB in the position to take shots left and right by putting him in the shotgun and letting him improvise like he did at Texas.

I agree 100% there

In college you dont run things the same as in the NFL, you gameplan around your team more rather than the other team

For instance

Vince is better out of the shotgun, so thats the formation they use, against every team, its not saying he cant operate out of a normal set its just maximizing what he can give you

In the NFL it isnt like that

As long as he can make the reads out of a normal formation as he can out of the shotgun he should have good success, which I think he will

Back
Top Bottom