Van Gundy: Heat will break Bulls' 72-win mark | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Van Gundy: Heat will break Bulls' 72-win mark

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Wow thats a heck of a prediction...33 games in a row is alot...Not losint 2 games in a row would be unreal

if there's anyone's predictions i respect in basketball its van gundy's. dude is head and shoulders the best basketball color man there is. i'll be sad when a team inevitably offers him another gig.

he's getting ahead of himself though. not quite yet.

the heat defentaly have all the peices to do it but that will be tough to do

I wouldn't be surprised if they broke the record.

I would be shocked, this team isn't nearly as good as that Bulls team and 70+ wins is incredibly difficult no matter how good you are. Some of the greatest teams in NBA history(teams much better than this heat team will be) didn't win 70 games.

Its really hard to maintain focus and drive for 82 games, especially when the goal is a championship. I don't know if that Bulls team was the best ever.....they were just so motivated and driven by Jordan's desire. I can see this Heat team starting out like the Celtics in '07 and flirting with the record just because of how much these guys want to prove all the detractors wrong. But eventually you're going to see yourself 10 games up in the standings, someone will get hurt, and everyone will realize how meaningless regular season wins are.

I do second Van Gundy's question......how do you defend this team? Everyone wants to point to potential deficiencies in the lack of size or prowess at PG, but how does a team defend this trio when they're together on the court?

I would be shocked, this team isn't nearly as good as that Bulls team and 70+ wins is incredibly difficult no matter how good you are. Some of the greatest teams in NBA history(teams much better than this heat team will be) didn't win 70 games.
Maybe I'm assuming too much from the Heat. If they don't win 70 games they will be very close to doing so.

Maybe I'm assuming too much from the Heat. If they don't win 70 games they will be very close to doing so.

I think only one team has ever won 70 in the history of the league so yeah I'd say expectations are too high if you expect 70 wins.

I don't expect them to win 72, 73 or whatever...but I'll be surprised if they win less than 65.

But I thought we been through this, the NBA in this era is watered down. SOFT!!! It may not happen but its possible. This team is much better than the Cavs team that was put around James last year and they were 9 games out of winning 70

But I thought we been through this, the NBA in this era is watered down. SOFT!!! It may not happen but its possible. This team is much better than the Cavs team that was put around James last year and they were 9 games out of winning 70

It isn't a great era but there are still good teams- just no truly great teams and when only one team in the history of the league has won 70 games that should tell us it's hard to do.

It isn't a great era but there are still good teams- just no truly great teams and when only one team in the history of the league has won 70 games that should tell us it's hard to do.

I 100% agree that its a hard goal to reach and I definitley agree that there are good teams around but there aren't many, especially in the east. I already said that I don't think they can do it but it is not completley outta the question. Cleveland won 61 games last year and that was with a roster that wasn't nearly as good as this Heat roster.

Bottom line, I would be more surprised if they didn't win atleast 65 than if they won 70 games

Back
Top Bottom