Van Gundy: Heat will break Bulls' 72-win mark | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Van Gundy: Heat will break Bulls' 72-win mark

When you start to compare them to all time great teams before they have ever played together yeah there's mopre pressure than just winning a championship.

What woulda been worse is if the head coach woulda stamped "Soon to be Champs" somewhere :D

What woulda been worse is if the head coach woulda stamped "Soon to be Champs" somewhere :D

Well, they aren't as good of a basketball team on paper as we are a football team:D

Some guys are afraid of pressure- like Lebron
Some guys aren't- like Rex

When you start to compare them to all time great teams before they have ever played together yeah there's mopre pressure than just winning a championship.

Maybe. I'm pretty sure they already know they're great so I doubt having some buffoon reaffirm those beliefs is going to do much.

Can't remember the last time I was actually anxiously awaiting the arrival of the NBA regular season.......succeed or fail these guys are going to put on quite a show.

Maybe. I'm pretty sure they already know they're great so I doubt having some buffoon reaffirm those beliefs is going to do much.

Can't remember the last time I was actually anxiously awaiting the arrival of the NBA regular season.......succeed or fail these guys are going to put on quite a show.

It definitely makes the NBA more interesting, the NBA has been a bore for a long time.

Wait... so when the Heat do actually destroy the NBA and do everything that they 'could' do.... can we say I told you so? And this time around paper champs = nba dynasty? And guys like Rondo that say, "They have't done nuttin yet", can we tell them it was over before it started?

Now if this team wins 50 games i will be disappointed. I also will be disappointed if the heat do not win a ring. This should revolutionize the league. The best two slashers in the game with four 40% three point shooters to get it out to. Plus one of the leagues best PF's who also finished with the best percentage shot (51%) when posting up.

If you don't know the rest of the roster, guys like Joel "Sexual Chocolate" Anthony or Mario Chalmers, you soon will. I dont think this team will try to break the record. I believe they will be close but in order to rest for the playoffs and let history ride. They will not.

People can rationalize as to why this team won't work, but its just a fantasy. "Gelling" is the only thing this team needs. It's not like the big 3 haven't played together.

The NBA is usually a bore until the playoffs start.

It's even been boring in the playoffs. That 7 game Finals series was as boring as could be, some of the worst basketball I have ever seen at a level that high.

This year was pretty bad. The playoffs should have been much better.....just a bunch of lousy mismatches. Heat/Hawks and Celtics/Bucks would have made the east a lot more interesting in the first couple rounds. Of course Diawara has to go and screw everything up by banking in a three.....Stern should have blacklisted him for all the money he cost the NBA in the playoffs.

The injuries ruined everything in the west. Took apart Denver and Utah, and robbed the Lakers of potential greatness.

Back
Top Bottom