Vic Fangio brings big changes to the Miami Dolphins' defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vic Fangio brings big changes to the Miami Dolphins' defense

This is what is so great about having such a genius at DC with such a talented secondary. For the most part teams are going to find the frustration of finding someone open beyond 3 to 5 yards, which will either serve to force QBs on a clock to gamble and risk INTs, or wait for someone to get open and risk getting Sacked.

There could be plenty of Sacks also to go along with all those INTs.

Better and better.

Interceptions is the key. Imagine 20 interceptions this year
Aroused Hard Ons GIF

Dolfans be like!!! 😂😂😂

Not just any 3rd downs either! 3rd and forevers. Getting frustrated thinking back to it.
While every defense gives up the occasional big pass play on 3rd and long, Miami gives up more than their fair share. Even worse, I don't think any defense in the past decade has been as bad as Miami when it comes to giving up a 21 yard RUN on 3rd and 20!

While every defense gives up the occasional big pass play on 3rd and long, Miami gives up more than their fair share. Even worse, I don't think any defense in the past decade has been as bad as Miami when it comes to giving up a 21 yard RUN on 3rd and 20!

Yeah.

Whenever Miami would get a sack or tackle for loss on 2nd down.
My almost immediate reaction was "ahhhh crap! 3rd and 12, they have us right where they want us " lol

It's really when you'd rather see 3rd and 1 on defense rather then 3rd and 11

I like to think I know football better than the average bear, having both played and coached (years ago, granted), but I've never heard the term "light box". Can anyone explain that? Is it just fewer bodies in the box instead of stuffing 8?

I like to think I know football better than the average bear, having both played and coached (years ago, granted), but I've never heard the term "light box". Can anyone explain that? Is it just fewer bodies in the box instead of stuffing 8?
So, you coached for the Bears. - LOL

Yeah, the ole 20 yard draw on 3rd and 19. Or how about the 3rd and forever inside the redzone against the Charges with a few seconds left in the half? Ole Boyer decides to rush 3 and drop everyone 10 yards off the LOS. So, Charges say thank you and run an easy sweep with blockers in front down to the 1 yard line. They then score a TD on 4th down and head into the half with all the momentum. When they were playing for a FG. Boyer should've been sent packing at HT. McD learned his lesson. OK, I've got this sh.t off my chest. Positive vibes for 2023.

Yeah, the ole 20 yard draw on 3rd and 19. Or how about the 3rd and forever inside the redzone against the Charges with a few seconds left in the half? Ole Boyer decides to rush 3 and drop everyone 10 yards off the LOS. So, Charges say thank you and run an easy sweep with blockers in front down to the 1 yard line. They then score a TD on 4th down and head into the half with all the momentum. When they were playing for a FG. Boyer should've been sent packing at HT. McD learned his lesson. OK, I've got this sh.t off my chest. Positive vibes for 2023.

Don't forget the 3rd and goal from the 19 against Buffalo.... right before half. Where I believe our whole secondary was in the end zone.

A lite box has six defenders.

I was thinking about how much I like David Longs game.

If indeed he is the player I think he is then this run defense is gonna go from very good to potentially great.

here's the question, last year we were very good against the run, in Boyers scheme, like really good.

while Fangio is considered the godfather does his scheme change those angles therefore making us not as good in run defense?

perhaps Boyer's scheme was responsible for that very good run defense, I just wonder if the difference in variation will help or hurt what was already very good.

Back
Top Bottom