Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not.

Astrosback

Active Roster
Reaction score
R.I.P. all dogs who were tortured and killed at the hands of this piece of crap.

You deserved better and Vick does not deserve this 2nd chance at the NFL.

No other elite industry would allow a pariah ex-con like Vick back in. Any other prestigious employment would have taken away his license for life, disbarred him, etc.

In my line of work, had I done what Vick did, I would have lost my securities license, insurance license and advanced financial planning designation for life. Any of you out there with careers which require licensing (doctors, lawyers, etc.) know that you also would get no 2nd chance in your industries if you had committed the atrocities which Vick committed.

Vick does NOT deserve this 2nd chance.

His dogs certainly received no such mercy.

R.I.P. all dogs who were tortured and killed at the hands of this piece of crap.

No other elite industry would allow a pariah ex-con like Vick back in. Any other prestigious employment would have taken away his license for life, disbarred him, etc.

In my line of work, had I done what Vick did, I would have lost my securities license, insurance license and advanced financial planning designation for life. Any of you out there with careers which require licensing (doctors, lawyers, etc.) know that you also would get no 2nd chance in your industries if you had committed the atrocities which Vick committed.

What exactly is an elite industry? would you not agree there is a logical reason why you would lose your career in your industry. There is no logical reason why he should not be allowed to play football. He committed a crime and did actual prison time unlike most dogfighters including some that never got caught in the NFL. We just had a president that had a dui so Im sure the NFL can live with a person that did his time in prison. There is not one logical reason to exclude Vick from playing in the NFL. Alot of good can happen if this is done the right way and Vick fulfills his commitment to the ASPCA. Dogfighting is not a priortity for law enforcement and most never see one day in jail for doing this horrible sport. He can actually do some good in the long run.

Wouldn't bother me if all the Vick lovers follow him to whatever team signs him so they can all have their dog strangling & goat sacrificing parties together.

Wouldn't bother me if all the Vick lovers follow him to whatever team signs him so they can all have their dog strangling & goat sacrificing parties together.

well damn then we would need to replace or pro bowl linebacker.

I dont condone dogfighting and think its horrible and should be stopped but Im also not ignorant enough to think that everyone that hunts is just some stupid redneck with a lust to shoot something.

well damn then we would need to replace or pro bowl linebacker.

I dont condone dogfighting and think its horrible and should be stopped but Im also not ignorant enough to think that everyone that hunts is just some stupid redneck with a lust to shoot something.
That'd be pretty accurate though.All of the hunters I know don't do it to put food on the table.They do it so they can go around boasting how they killed the animal,and have their head hanging on their wall.They don't even hunt anymore.They "bait" an area for awhile,to where the animals don't fear,and come to feed.Then,the so-called,self labled "hunters" sit comfortably in their tree stands and have target practice.It's an awfully touchy subject(VicK).Personally,I could care less if he took another breath on this Earth.And I could care less what anyone thinks of me for thinking that.I'm probably going to hell anyways,so I don't care.

I have made a personal decision to not like any team that chooses to bring him in and talk to him about playing for them. I hope the Dolphins don't look at him. If they do, I promise to honor my decision and search for another team. As a lifetime Dolfan this would be difficult.

That'd be pretty accurate though.All of the hunters I know don't do it to put food on the table.They do it so they can go around boasting how they killed the animal,and have their head hanging on their wall.They don't even hunt anymore.They "bait" an area for awhile,to where the animals don't fear,and come to feed.Then,the so-called,self labled "hunters" sit comfortably in their tree stands and have target practice.It's an awfully touchy subject(VicK).Personally,I could care less if he took another breath on this Earth.And I could care less what anyone thinks of me for thinking that.I'm probably going to hell anyways,so I don't care.

I'll go to hell with you. When we get there we could both beat the heck out of Michael Vick.

What exactly is an elite industry? would you not agree there is a logical reason why you would lose your career in your industry. There is no logical reason why he should not be allowed to play football. He committed a crime and did actual prison time unlike most dogfighters including some that never got caught in the NFL. We just had a president that had a dui so Im sure the NFL can live with a person that did his time in prison. There is not one logical reason to exclude Vick from playing in the NFL. Alot of good can happen if this is done the right way and Vick fulfills his commitment to the ASPCA. Dogfighting is not a priortity for law enforcement and most never see one day in jail for doing this horrible sport. He can actually do some good in the long run.

The NFL is (should be) exactly the type of elite industry I'm talking about. Its players are cheered by millions of fans. Vick doesn't deserve the NFL opportunity again. I know the Humane Society and the ASPCA and even PETA are supporting his return to the NFL and hoping he will work with them to discourage dog fighting amongst blacks/inner-city kids but I just can't agree with his reinstatement.

If Vick was truly remorseful, he would work with the Humane Society and ASPCA without having a 2nd chance at the NFL.

The truth is that a man who can be so heartless as to do what he did to those dogs, that kind of man has no sense of remorse, no sense of compassion. If he didn't feel remorse or sorrow at the cries of those dogs over all of the years those horrors went on, then he just simply doesn't have those types of sensitivities. In short, he is a heartless *******.

Goddell is making a mockery of himself to even talk about remorse when it comes to Vick. It aint remorse, it's regret that he feels for focking up his life so badly.

And black players and fans who support Vick need to stop crying wolf. They can't support every piece of crap who does horrible things (Vick, OJ) just b/c they're black, and then expect to be taken seriously when a real injustice occurs. This is not Medgar Evers here!

P.S. I also think people who hunt (specifically shooting animals for their own entertainment) are scumbags but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

I have made a personal decision to not like any team that chooses to bring him in and talk to him about playing for them. I hope the Dolphins don't look at him. If they do, I promise to honor my decision and search for another team. As a lifetime Dolfan this would be difficult.

I admire that and I have promised myself the same.

Let's just hope Vick never becomes a Phin.

P.S. I also won't be sad to see Joey Porter go. He is actually quite the scumbag himself. But hey, at least we got ASPCA spokesman Jason Taylor back on this team.:up:

The NFL is (should be) exactly the type of elite industry I'm talking about. Its players are cheered by millions of fans. Vick doesn't deserve the NFL opportunity again. I know the Humane Society and the ASPCA and even PETA are supporting his return to the NFL and hoping he will work with them to discourage dog fighting amongst blacks/inner-city kids but I just can't agree with his reinstatement.

If Vick was truly remorseful, he would work with the Humane Society and ASPCA without having a 2nd chance at the NFL.

The truth is that a man who can be so heartless as to do what he did to those dogs, that kind of man has no sense of remorse, no sense of compassion. If he didn't feel remorse or sorrow at the cries of those dogs over all of the years those horrors went on, then he just simply doesn't have those types of sensitivities. In short, he is a heartless *******.

Goddell is making a mockery of himself to even talk about remorse when it comes to Vick. It aint remorse, it's regret that he feels for focking up his life so badly.

And black players and fans who support Vick need to stop crying wolf. They can't support every piece of crap who does horrible things (Vick, OJ) just b/c they're black, and then expect to be taken seriously when a real injustice occurs. This is not Medgar Evers here!

P.S. I also think people who hunt (specifically shooting animals for their own entertainment) are scumbags but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

You have an unrealistic expectation of the NFL. Its basically the equivilant of being a modern day gladiator. A brutal spectacle for our entertainment.
This does not equate to only having the best people of character and backgrounds.

Your equating Vick with a man that murdered his wife is just so far off base that its almost not worth going there. Its like equating a hunter with the DC Sniper. Vick did nothing that is not a commonality in dog fighting. Losing Dogs die, there is no retirement plan for dogs that fight. Its a horrible spectacle but its not like Vick was a rogue dogfighter and every other dogfighter never killed dogs. Im a huge doglover and would kill a person over my dog and would never just let someone harm a dog while I was around if I could help it. I still dont equate what he did to killing humans.
Dogfighting is a culture that is not based on race and nobody is making Vick out to be some kind of great person because of it.

I would like to know how he would be more remorseful if he decided not to play again. You do realize he still has to earn a living and his skill lends itself to football. So far he is doing all the right things and has said he will work with the ASPCA. Most people do not truly show remorse or change thier life until they get caught doing something wrong. I have no problem with giving people another chance unless they are a murderer of people or repeatedly mess up after they get another chance. The man lost more money than most will ever see in a lifetime and served two years in prison. Not less than thirty days for killing a person. Not probation for running over three children and leaving them there to die. Yes believe it or not there are worse people than Vick and most did not serve any time.

Also White and Black people seem to support the reinstatement of Vick at fairly equal levels so not sure where your racial angle is coming from.

You have an unrealistic expectation of the NFL. Its basically the equivilant of being a modern day gladiator. A brutal spectacle for our entertainment.
This does not equate to only having the best people of character and backgrounds.

Your equating Vick with a man that murdered his wife is just so far off base that its almost not worth going there. Its like equating a hunter with the DC Sniper. Vick did nothing that is not a commonality in dog fighting. Losing Dogs die, there is no retirement plan for dogs that fight. Its a horrible spectacle but its not like Vick was a rogue dogfighter and every other dogfighter never killed dogs. Im a huge doglover and would kill a person over my dog and would never just let someone harm a dog while I was around if I could help it. I still dont equate what he did to killing humans.
Dogfighting is a culture that is not based on race and nobody is making Vick out to be some kind of great person because of it.

I would like to know how he would be more remorseful if he decided not to play again. You do realize he still has to earn a living and his skill lends itself to football. So far he is doing all the right things and has said he will work with the ASPCA. Most people do not truly show remorse or change thier life until they get caught doing something wrong. I have no problem with giving people another chance unless they are a murderer of people or repeatedly mess up after they get another chance. The man lost more money than most will ever see in a lifetime and served two years in prison. Not less than thirty days for killing a person. Not probation for running over three children and leaving them there to die. Yes believe it or not there are worse people than Vick and most did not serve any time.

Also White and Black people seem to support the reinstatement of Vick at fairly equal levels so not sure where your racial angle is coming from.

Only comaring OJ and Vick in terms of black criminals unworthy of the support of the black community. Agree that killing Ron Goldman and the ex-wife was even worse than Vick's dog torturing. They're both still sick *******s.

And the point about Vick's work with the ASPCA or Humane Society is that I bet that if the NFL had banned him for life, he wouldn't even be considering that community service. Hell, he'd probably go kick a dog in frustration.

Back
Top Bottom