Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not.

I hope you same people that whine and cry over Vick being allowed back into the NFL after serving his time for killing some animals also scream that players who have shot or killed PEOPLE while driving drunk shouldnt be in the game and refuse to follow any team that signs them as well.

Only comaring OJ and Vick in terms of black criminals unworthy of the support of the black community. Agree that killing Ron Goldman and the ex-wife was even worse than Vick's dog torturing. They're both still sick *******s.

And the point about Vick's work with the ASPCA or Humane Society is that I bet that if the NFL had banned him for life, he wouldn't even be considering that community service. Hell, he'd probably go kick a dog in frustration.

He might who knows. Im sure if alot of people that did wrong were not given second chances that they would see no value in showing remorse. The important thing is he is going to do things for the ASPCA and it could make a differance in the long run. He is doing alot more for the ASPCA than other players in the NFL that did not get caught and there are probably a few on every NFL team including ours. There is a big differance in a person committing a crime that actually affects whether they should be allowed to do a certain job. There are certain jobs where character is actually public trust are paramount to the job such as police officer or such but football player is definately not one of these jobs.

still wondering why noone is giving up on the phins because they signed three time duier JD Quinn.

He did his time he is free to walk the earth.

I do agree however he shouldn't be allowed to return to the NFL.

Why shouldn't Vick be allowed back? If it's bc he was convited of a felony, there are lots of people with felony charges running around the NFL. People talk about the dogs...what about people like Ray Lewis and Dante Stallworth who were actually invovled in the death of HUMANS! A lot of people dispute the Lewis thing bc he was only convicted of obstruction of justice....if you want to argue semantics, Vick was only convicted of gambling and racketeering. Get over it people.

Why shouldn't Vick be allowed back? If it's bc he was convited of a felony, there are lots of people with felony charges running around the NFL. People talk about the dogs...what about people like Ray Lewis and Dante Stallworth who were actually invovled in the death of HUMANS! A lot of people dispute the Lewis thing bc he was only convicted of obstruction of justice....if you want to argue semantics, Vick was only convicted of gambling and racketeering. Get over it people.

I agree, kick out all the felons then. They are role models for our youth...

I say goodbye to all of them then.

Lewis wasn't convicted, even though most of us think he should have been but that's the justice system

Dante's episode has just started, we have to wait for the court date.

Lewis pled guilty! That's not a conviction? I hate people saying that these guys are role models....you can teach kids to model the way the play after certain players. Not their lives. As a father of 2 young kids, one thing I have learned is that I and my wife are the role modles. Not some guy on TV. If people would wake up and realize that they're children are always watching them and their actions maybe we wouldn't have so many screwed up youth in this country.

He might who knows. Im sure if alot of people that did wrong were not given second chances that they would see no value in showing remorse. The important thing is he is going to do things for the ASPCA and it could make a differance in the long run. He is doing alot more for the ASPCA than other players in the NFL that did not get caught and there are probably a few on every NFL team including ours. There is a big differance in a person committing a crime that actually affects whether they should be allowed to do a certain job. There are certain jobs where character is actually public trust are paramount to the job such as police officer or such but football player is definately not one of these jobs.

Well, JT is a spokesman for the ASPCA and it didn't take him killing 100 dogs and wanting to get a league suspension lifted to do that good deed.

As for the NFL job, you made a point earlier about entertainers not being held to the same ethical standards as doctors or lawyers or other professionals who carry licenses or need the public trust and this is an interesting point.

But I think we can break it down like this - an entertainer who does not rely on any "league" (such as a singer, rapper, artists) - really can't be held to any higher ethical standard b/c as long as he/she is out of jail, he/she could perform and have the fans who would still take them (see Jay-Z who was also probably involved in dog fighting).

But an entertainer like Michael Vick (or any other NFL player) CAN indeed be held to a higher if the league in which the need to perform would hold them to this higher standard i.e.) ban guys like Vick, Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips, Pacman, etc. for LIFE.

This private league does hold this power. It just hasn't been exercized under Tagliabu and now with Goddell, he is still bowing to pressure from morons aound the league and morons like Tony Dungy who are being supportive of a Vick return.

I hope you same people that whine and cry over Vick being allowed back into the NFL after serving his time for killing some animals also scream that players who have shot or killed PEOPLE while driving drunk shouldnt be in the game and refuse to follow any team that signs them as well.

I for one have always maintained (even before the Vick incident) that Leonard Little should have been banned for life. Little case was as clear cut as you get for me as he had multiple DUIs with one being a manslaughter. I have always said that I can't imagine how the widower of the woman (and mother) killed by Little must feel every Sunday when thousands of STL fans cheer for him and his sacks. A total disgrace and shame!

I've always maintained that guys who just do one stupid thing after another, again and again, (see Lawrence Phillips, Pacman types) should also eventually get banned for life.

In Stallworth's case, he didn't have a history but that's just too bad as that (manslaughter) is the risk everyone who drives drunk takes. No, I don't think Stallworth's act was malicious, but none the less, a DUI manslaughter should = automatic ban for life. This rule also would hopefully serve as a deterrent for others.

Stallworth kills a man and gets 30 days in jail. Why don't all these dog lovers go harp on that issue. I love dogs, but my god, Vick has payed his dues in jail. People act like he was torturing humans for god's sake. What he did wasn't right, but the man has payed for it with jailtime, as well as losing millions of dollars and going bankrupt. He deserves a 2nd chance, as does everybody else.

To sum it all up, Vick has payed for his crime, leave the man alone. Go jump on Stallworth's back or something.

Because of the nature of Vick's malicious, heartless, sick crimes. DUI manslaughter (Leonard Little, Stallworth) should also be worthy of a lifetime ban.

Ray Lewis's case was complicated but had he been convicted of conspiracy to commit manslaughter or murder, then that should have also been worthy of a lifetime ban. Conviction of obstruction of justice which involved a murder case should have at the very least put him on a NFL probationary status for life.

Stallworth kills a man and gets 30 days in jail. Why don't all these dog lovers go harp on that issue. I love dogs, but my god, Vick has payed his dues in jail. People act like he was torturing humans for god's sake. What he did wasn't right, but the man has payed for it with jailtime, as well as losing millions of dollars and going bankrupt. He deserves a 2nd chance, as does everybody else.

To sum it all up, Vick has payed for his crime, leave the man alone. Go jump on Stallworth's back or something.

Again, did Vick give those dogs who lost fights a 2nd chance? Did he show them any mercy?

Nobody wants to deny Vick a 2nd chance at life and an ordinary job for which he might be qualified (construction?).

We're just saying he doesn't deserve a 2nd chance at the priveledge of playing in the NFL.

Just as if I had done what he did, I would not get a 2nd chance at my career which requires licensing and being held to a higher ethical standard. Nope, I would be out looking for blue collar work right now.

Ya think Bernie Madoff is going to get a 2nd chance to sell stocks?

P.S. What do you like so much about Vick to support him?

Lewis pled guilty! That's not a conviction? I hate people saying that these guys are role models....you can teach kids to model the way the play after certain players. Not their lives. As a father of 2 young kids, one thing I have learned is that I and my wife are the role modles. Not some guy on TV. If people would wake up and realize that they're children are always watching them and their actions maybe we wouldn't have so many screwed up youth in this country.

Forgot about that, your right he shouldn't be allowed to play either!

As a father of 2 sons I am their role model also. I am involved 100% in their lives. I have a business suffering in today's economy, I send them to private school and had to stock shelves at night last year to afford it. If I went to prison for several years for dog fighting, my family would have lost everything. I understand that so I don't do things that could harm my family or my life. These athletes are people too I agree, but they are also celebrities which bring big money and the spotlight. If they can't handle it goodriddens. They are blessed with a gift which most of us can't do, if they don't appreciate it so be it.

Most celebrities criminal sentences are ridiculous in the first place due to their popularity.

Not just Vick, any player that is a current member of the NFL that convicts a Felony and is convicted should be barred from the league.

Back
Top Bottom