Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not.

If people are going to grandstand about the system being wrong why not dedicate yourselves to writeing lawmakers about child molesters that get short stints in prison and are released to get any job they can that doesn't involve working with children....

If people are going to grandstand about the system being wrong why not dedicate yourselves to writeing lawmakers about child molesters that get short stints in prison and are released to get any job they can that doesn't involve working with children....

:err: So your content with everything in the world? Great Job, making more money than ever before. Your house value is soaring, huh? 401k tripling in value?

I thought we were discussing are beliefs in the situation, I have a belief that's it, pure and simple.

How do you go from our beliefs in Vick, my belief in felons lose their right to play. On to child molestors?

So plenty of work out there for Vick if the poor baby couldn't play in the NFL again.

I find it funny that people place the NFL above all these other professions. Yea he can work for minimum wage Im alright with that but if he makes money thats wrong.

I personally think steroid users should be banned permanently because this is something designed to cheat the integrity of the game.

Lawmakers? You might be better off starting with the Pope and the Vatican and other churces and temples (not sure about mosques)! They're routinely obstructing justice to cover up and relocate pedophile priests.

Most non-priestly child molestors who get caught are ending up on sexual predator lists and are pretty much not getting jobs (or housing) anywhere near children (see Miami Beach Julia Tuttle Causeway shacks).

As long as their caught, our laws are pretty strict, but I agree that they should be much stricter. I just don't think you rehablitate a pedophile anymore than you can turn a straigt man gay or a gay man straight. These are simply sexual orientations. But as far as I'm concerned, rapists and child molestors should be executed on the 1st offense.

Anyway, start by keeping your kids away from "men of the cloth" and you should be okay.

:err: So your content with everything in the world? Great Job, making more money than ever before. Your house value is soaring, huh? 401k tripling in value?

I thought we were discussing are beliefs in the situation, I have a belief that's it, pure and simple.

How do you go from our beliefs in Vick, my belief in felons lose their right to play. On to child molestors?

Maybe you don't believe felons should have the right to play, problem with that is obviously the NFL doesn't agree with you. Felons have been playing for years, to ban a guy for getting a felony now would go against the precident thats already set.

I find it funny that people place the NFL above all these other professions. Yea he can work for minimum wage Im alright with that but if he makes money thats wrong.

I personally think steroid users should be banned permanently because this is something designed to cheat the integrity of the game.

It's the fame and fortune of the NFL, and forcing NFL fans like me to not be able to wholly enjoy my favorite pass time.

If he can make big money in the UFL or CFL, it wouldn't bother me as much (although I wish Ron Mexico would just go away and die from his STDs).

It's the fame and fortune of the NFL, and forcing NFL fans like me to not be able to wholly enjoy my favorite pass time.

If he can make big money in the UFL or CFL, it wouldn't bother me as much (although I wish Ron Mexico would just go away and die from his STDs).

Do you think the NFL gives a damn about simple fans? It's about money! Vick will makes more money for the NFL than without him. For the same reason the draft has suddenly become a 3 day event in prime viewing time.....money!

The NFL knows diehard fans will tune in wheather they put the draft in primetime or 2am! Same with Vick.

If they ban him for life, it goes against the precident that is already set. Not to mention the revenue he will bring will outweigh the bad pub. Whether you agree with Vick in the NFL or not is not going to stop 995 of fans from watching. Yet it will get more people to watch just out of curiosity.

Do you think the NFL gives a damn about simple fans? It's about money! Vick will makes more money for the NFL than without him. For the same reason the draft has suddenly become a 3 day event in prime viewing time.....money!

The NFL knows diehard fans will tune in wheather they put the draft in primetime or 2am! Same with Vick.

If they ban him for life, it goes against the precident that is already set. Not to mention the revenue he will bring will outweigh the bad pub. Whether you agree with Vick in the NFL or not is not going to stop 995 of fans from watching. Yet it will get more people to watch just out of curiosity.

I think you're way off here. Even ESPN polls have shown that about 30% of fans don't support his return (a CNN poll was almost split). At least half of those folks are dog lovers like me who would indeed stop going to games and purchasing merchandise if their team signed Vick.

Is Vick worth a team in the NFL risking the loss of 15% of their fans? I think not!

Just b/c this is a controversial story making a lot of headline doesn't mean Vick is now a money maker for the NFL. He is a pariah and a financial RISK.

Do you really think that Vick joining a team is going to stop 50% of people from going to the games???

It's pretty easy to say you will do something, but actually doing it is another story....

I could be wrong, but I am willing to bet when Vick is signed by a team, they're stadium isn't nearly half empty.

I think you're way off here. Even ESPN polls have shown that about 30% of fans don't support his return (a CNN poll was almost split). At least half of those folks are dog lovers like me who would indeed stop going to games and purchasing merchandise if their team signed Vick.

Is Vick worth a team in the NFL risking the loss of 15% of their fans? I think not!

Just b/c this is a controversial story making a lot of headline doesn't mean Vick is now a money maker for the NFL. He is a pariah and a financial RISK.

He's a risk that some teams would take. I'm sure the Raiders will sell a lot more jerseys with Vick than w/o. The # of fans they may lose, will not be seen with all the Vick supporters that are out there.

And the polls aren't asking if they will stop watching football if Vick is reinstated. They just ask if he should be.

He's a risk that some teams would take. I'm sure the Raiders will sell a lot more jerseys with Vick than w/o. The # of fans they may lose, will not be seen with all the Vick supporters that are out there.

And the polls aren't asking if they will stop watching football if Vick is reinstated. They just ask if he should be.

Sadly, you're probably right. And with the Humane Society, ASPCA, even PETA and then respected NFLers like Tony Dungy all helping Vick's cause, he probably will get signed.

It's too bad Vick couldn't show his dogs the kind of mercy which he is asking for himself now.

Do you really think that Vick joining a team is going to stop 50% of people from going to the games???

It's pretty easy to say you will do something, but actually doing it is another story....

I could be wrong, but I am willing to bet when Vick is signed by a team, they're stadium isn't nearly half empty.

I said 15%, not 50%.

And I can't speak for anyone but myself. I have already sent an e-mail at miamidolphins.com letting them know that my four tickets in section 141 will be canceled and unused this season if Vick is signed. I would also stop buying Phins merchandise and supporting the Phins until Vick, and the ownership who signed him, was gone. I can promise you that!

I would have to ask myself....if the ASPCA, Humane Society, PETA, and Dungy are willing to support him...why are you so against it? Obviously these people to believe there is more to be gained for their cause then will be lost.

I said 15%, not 50%.

And I can't speak for anyone but myself. I have already sent an e-mail at miamidolphins.com letting them know that my four tickets in section 141 will be canceled and unused this season if Vick is signed. I would also stop buying Phins merchandise and supporting the Phins until Vick, and the ownership who signed him, was gone. I can promise you that!

I can also promise you that if this team is winning with Vick...someone will buy those tickets...

Nobdy is placing the NFL above any other profession or company. They DO happen to be a good one though. Lots of money to make with the right skill set...Just like a top law firm, or tech company.

There are plenty of places for Vick to ply his trade. If I worked for the top construction company in an area, and through my negligence I wrecked on of thier tools, or vehicles they'd be perfectly right to fire me and not hire me again, even if they recovered damages.

Doesn't mean I can't work constuction..Just means I probably won't makes as much money doing it. I'm fine with vick making all the money he can..anywhere but the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom