Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick gets 2nd chance, Vick's dogs do not.

The funny part is the majority of folks that have lost their job the pas yr or so....they were white collar workers...a lot of blue collar folks are still working....mechanics, electricians, plumbers....job like this, reguardless of how bad the economy gets these guys are still in demand.

Say that to the GM employees, Ford and Chrysler factory workers. The housing construction, plumbing, electrical workers. The stockers, cashiers, delivery drivers with all the main clothing, shoe, ice cream, what a burgers, grocery chains shutting down.

Nobdy is placing the NFL above any other profession or company. They DO happen to be a good one though. Lots of money to make with the right skill set...Just like a top law firm, or tech company.

There are plenty of places for Vick to ply his trade. If I worked for the top construction company in an area, and through my negligence I wrecked on of thier tools, or vehicles they'd be perfectly right to fire me and not hire me again, even if they recovered damages.

Doesn't mean I can't work constuction..Just means I probably won't makes as much money doing it. I'm fine with vick making all the money he can..anywhere but the NFL.

Only trouble with that idea is, the guy in charge of the NFL obviously don't agree with you.

Say that to the GM employees, Ford and Chrysler factory workers. The housing construction, plumbing, electrical workers. The stockers, cashiers, delivery drivers with all the main clothing, shoe, ice cream, what a burgers, grocery chains shutting down.

Or all the CEOs, CFO's and management folks that were laid off from these companies. I don't know a whole lot about the outside world outside of what I see on the news I must admit. I live on a military reservation and we are building housing and buildings like crazy. The recession doesn't much apply to the areas around military reservations.

Which is certainly his right...Just like it would have been to ban him for life. Too bad he didn't do the right thing.

Again, i agree with you. I have no problem with a Vick or felony free NFL....

Trouble is, like with most things, $$$$ is the driving factor.

Again, i agree with you. I have no problem with a Vick or felony free NFL....

Trouble is, like with most things, $$$$ is the driving factor.

I don't think the money is going to be any factor what so ever. If Vick was perma banned, nobody would even be talking about him 2 years later.

I don't think the money is going to be any factor what so ever. If Vick was perma banned, nobody would even be talking about him 2 years later.

Then why in the world did the NFL let him back? I'm sure your right about 2 yrs from now, but there is money to be made off Vick right now!

Then why in the world did the NFL let him back? I'm sure your right about 2 yrs from now, but there is money to be made off Vick right now!

Out of fear of the race card, not for money. At best, they'll get a wash from Vick supporters vs. Vick haters like me but they're certainly not thinking they'll make more money with Vick than without. The NFL does just fine money-wise without this loser.

No, this is all about the NFL caving for fear of it's 80%+ player staff making this into a race issue.

What exactly is an elite industry? would you not agree there is a logical reason why you would lose your career in your industry. There is no logical reason why he should not be allowed to play football. He committed a crime and did actual prison time unlike most dogfighters including some that never got caught in the NFL. We just had a president that had a dui so Im sure the NFL can live with a person that did his time in prison. There is not one logical reason to exclude Vick from playing in the NFL. Alot of good can happen if this is done the right way and Vick fulfills his commitment to the ASPCA. Dogfighting is not a priortity for law enforcement and most never see one day in jail for doing this horrible sport. He can actually do some good in the long run.

dlockz, I am COMPLETELY for the ban of any murderer, rapist, pedophile, animal abuser, etc. from the NFL. Once they're convicted, I don't care who it is...PERIOD.

Far too many of these young kids today think it's their right to play in the NFL. It's not...it's a privilege. This "gangsta rap/thug" lifestyle can't be tolerated. If you want to be a thug, go live in East L.A. You can't have it both ways.

dlockz, I am COMPLETELY for the ban of any murderer, rapist, pedophile, animal abuser, etc. from the NFL. Once they're convicted, I don't care who it is...PERIOD.

Far too many of these young kids today think it's their right to play in the NFL. It's not...it's a privilege. This "gangsta rap/thug" lifestyle can't be tolerated. If you want to be a thug, go live in East L.A. You can't have it both ways.

You don't need to go to east LA....Junction City, KS!!! I have never seen so many wanna be thugs in the middle of nowhere...

So Stallworth should no be banned since he only did manslaughter. So your contention if you are found guilty of animal abuse you should be out. Doesnt matter if you had dangerous animals like Joey Porter that broke loose and killed a minature horse that was on its own property hes good in your book. So one spousal abuse charge how does that rate. So if you plea down then you can play in the league even if you probably deserved more of a charge.

So if RAndy Starks is found guilty of trying to actually hit the officer , he should be banned for life just checking.

I personally dont see how people act like the NFL is some morally superior organization, it isnt so why pretend it is.

The NFL is a sports league not a catholic nursery.

Out of fear of the race card, not for money. At best, they'll get a wash from Vick supporters vs. Vick haters like me but they're certainly not thinking they'll make more money with Vick than without. The NFL does just fine money-wise without this loser.

No, this is all about the NFL caving for fear of it's 80%+ player staff making this into a race issue.

Well the NFL should care what its employees think wouldnt you agree.

This is not a race issue. I have seen just as many white players support vick as black players.

By the way Im not a vick supporter or hater but I find it stupid to ban this guy from the league.

I still dont see anyone picketing the dolphins because they employ a multiple duier or a player who has been charged with domestic violence (he agreed to counseling)

Or all the CEOs, CFO's and management folks that were laid off from these companies. I don't know a whole lot about the outside world outside of what I see on the news I must admit. I live on a military reservation and we are building housing and buildings like crazy. The recession doesn't much apply to the areas around military reservations.

The prob with that is, 1 CEO or CFO amounts to how many small white collars and how many blue collar people.

Military locations---Hopefully until the downsize certain politicians want...;)

Thank you for your service...:up::buds:

The prob with that is, 1 CEO or CFO amounts to how many small white collars and how many blue collar people.

Military locations---Hopefully until the downsize certain politicians want...;)

Thank you for your service...:up::buds:

You do realize the Army is planning to add 20-30k more soldiers next yr?

Back
Top Bottom