View on Miami from a Bills Fan | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Miami from a Bills Fan

ch19079 said:
nice to see your throwing insults around insted of adding real info to the conversation. :shakeno: :shakeno:

Well talk to Louis Oliver, that is his phrase. Again over someones head!!!!

PatsFanTX said:
I'll bring everyone back to reality.

Phins still have a Pop Warner QB and a college HC.

The Phins will be very lucky to win 6 games this season.

Welcome to the real world.

The Dolphins went 41-23 from 2000-2003....that's an average of a little over 10 wins per season.

In 2000 the Dolphins starting RB (to go along with a slew of well below average RBs) was Lamar Smith who averaged 3.7 ypc for 1,139 rushing yards. The same year Oronde Gadsden was our leading receiver with 786 yards receiving.........Leslie Sheperd was the 2nd leading receiver with 446 yards receiving. The Dolphins went 11-5

In 2001 the starting RB was once again the starting running back. Lamar Smith averaged just 3.1 ypc for 968 yards rushing. The WR core was better because the Dolphins drafted Chris Chambers.......but it still wasn't a good core. The Dolphins went 11-5 again.

In 2002 Chambers had his worst year as a pro with 734 yards receiving......the 2nd leading receiver was James McKnight with 528 yards receiving. This was the year the Dolphins got Ricky Williams.....but it was also the year Fiedler went down and Ray Lucas came in to give our opponents a couple extra wins. Dolphins went 9-7

In 2003 Ricky Williams had a down year by his standards (mostly because the OL was so bad) and averaged only 3.5 ypc. Chambers was the leading receiver with 963 yards receiving (11 TDs) while our TE was the teams 2nd leading receiver with 598 yards receiving. The Dolphins went 10-6

All this with Jay Fiedler (who some would consider a Pop Warner QB) and Dave Wannstedt (who would be lucky to be considered a college HC)

The big reasons why 2004 was so far out of the norm....
1. The loss of Ricky Williams
2. The season ending injuries to both our starting DTs (it isn't a coincedence that we were the worst run stopping team in the NFL last season)
3. The worst OC we've had in years (maybe the worst we've ever had)

Even if Saban isn't the HC he's cracked up to be he's still better than Wannstedt.....not to mention the rest of our coaching staff is considerably improved from the Wannstedt era.

Look at our RB core last year and look at it this year.......no comparison. We've upgraded many areas.

ch19079 said:
well its QB. a first year starter at QB is always questionable. (i think he will do just fine, but its still a question.

the other CB is McGee. (went to the probowl for kick returns). this is his 3rd year in the NFL. im not that excited with him as a starting CB, but he made plays last season, stepping in for an injured vincent. the coaches seem to really like this guy. (92 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 INTs, 15 passes defended) im gunna double check that 92 tackles. there is no ****ing way he got that many tackles last season. damn nfl website. :fire:

K. Thomas is the #3 CB. hes decent. i would have liked to sign a FA CB, but hes young, and hasnt made to many mistakes.

J. Greer. this guy is a question mark. as the #4 CB. he played some safety, and cb last season. a backup, not a starter.

EDIT: 71 tackles, 16 assists per http://snap.stats.com/snap/pfw/nfl/playerstats.asp?id=6447&Submit=Go

Offensive tackle and defensive tackle should also be a concern for the Bills. Tight end is a question mark.

No, I will bring Bills fans back to reality. Miami will win 9-11 games and the Bills will win 6-8 games. Nuff said! Take it to the bank!

rainmaker1313 said:
No, I will bring Bills fans back to reality. Miami will win 9-11 games and the Bills will win 6-8 games. Nuff said! Take it to the bank!
do you have any lotto numbers you can give me???

Allaboutit said:
First off let me say that you guys have done very well in the offseason, Holliday, Carter, Traylor, Jones, Ronnie Brown, Roth, and Crowder.......... 7 Nice additions is a GREAT accomplishment. The question mark that you guys have at QB could be all for not.......... as much as I hope you guys play Feeley and he has another season like last year, the reality is that Gus Frerote will probably be your guy, and Everything is set in place for him to have a big year. Frerote can play, and with the offensive talent surrounding him, he could wind up putting up very big numbers. Now as far as Ricky Williams goes......... If I were you guys I really wouldn't worry about it. Miami is in better shape in this department than we were when we had Travis Henry, And Willis Mcgahee. Brown was the best back, in a very talented draft for RB's, and if Ricky comes back, and pans out, then Great for you guys, and if not, then..........SO WHAT!!!! Ricky is in no way shape or form to be counted on, and there is nothing to really suggest that he will even be any good upon his return, but it really doesn't matter does it, because Brown is almost certain to be a force. As much as I want to I'm having a hard time seeing you guys fail this year. There may be some growing pains with the new coaches/system, but Miami has one thing that you cannot ignore.....TALENT, and on that talent alone it will probably lead them to at least 7 or 8 wins, and possibly much more(especially if they start to click fairly quickly)

Thanx for bieng such a classy guy, Its good to hear from arival team's fan when he has an unbaised opinion

feelthepain said:
It's no surprise you have a Bill listed higher then a fin yet another mono eh' mono comparison. I have a question, did your secondary lead the league in D last year???? No, were they ranked higher then the fins?? No,does any corner on your team have recent SB experience??? No!!!!No!!!No!!! But here you are grading you corners higher!!! How is it you came to this conclusion??? Every time you write something it's giving more props to a Bill player over a fin!!! Keep dreamin!!
If you took time to read my past post you will find the my answers to your questions. :wink:

GreenMonster said:
If Vincent plays CB is it Wire at Safety or Rashard Baker...
forget wire. He's a good ST player but no way we throw hin in there to start at FS. Baker is a better player than Wire. Big hitter and he's just about to go on his 2nd year. A little too small for my liking though.

Justasportsfan said:
forget wire. He's a good ST player but no way we throw hin in there to start at FS. Baker is a better player than Wire. Big hitter and he's just about to go on his 2nd year. A little too small for my liking though.

Hmmm, I kind of like wire coming out of college....

phillyphinphan said:

so did i. but hes a SS. NOT a FS. he can cover the run, but his pass coverage is not good enough to play FS.

phillyphinphan said:
He's a tackling machine but is a liability against the pass.

Ok why are we arguing over who has a better defensive backs. Both teams have sad DB's but the rest of the defensive for both defenses are more then set. So if a rookie or veteran can step up into a starting role and do good there will be no complaints on either side.

IMO Dolphins need to grab a safety or corner just for more depth and talent.

Back
Top Bottom