View on Ricky from Jet Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Ricky from Jet Fan

phinz_fan said:
Jet fans should speak only when spoken to.

:lol::roflmao::lol::roflmao::lol: ROFL!!!!!

Thats not very nice man cmon hes just trying to give his oppinion but i still gotta say thats sum pretty funny sh*t :spit:

Come on. Let's treat the nice Jets fans with a little respect.

Thanks for the insight

Y-TownPhinVet said:
Social anxiety, as well as Post Tramatic Stress Disorder are are pure b!tch to live with. The array of emotions can really mess a person up in ways most will never understand. What would really help is for everyone to educate yourselves on these problems, as we, as a nation will be dealing with alot more of these problems with our soon to be war vets entering our neighborhoods and workforce. As an oldtimer Fin fan, and a war vet, I appreciate what Jim had to say, and as a Jets fan, showed some real class posting his opinion. PNP backed it up very well as well, now I'm backing both up. :yell: The best kind of help for these problems, beyond meds, is just understanding and alot of support, especially where it's least expected. If all FinFans can somehow show RW that he can be a great player again, and support his return, it might just save a life! These problems can lead to alot worse than quitting your job! Next week your neighbor could be a vet with one of these problems, and even worse, it could be a family member.

I have PTSD, it's no fun at times, and I'm thankful for those that help me through the bad times. The NFL is just a game, and it pales in comparison to life when things aren't right. Have a heart, someday you'll need someone to return thhat favor! ;)
Thanks for the insight Y-TownPhinVet vbmenu_register("postmenu_1235305", true); . And even more, thanks for my freedom man.

Jets fan. Peace for now. You have spoken not out of pretentious jealousy or hatred from a heated rival, you are just speaking the truth. Ricky disappointed Dolphin nation when the reality came that we really needed him, and the worst thing he could have done was quit on his teammates the way he did. I dont blame him for having issues, (those in glass houses shouldnt chuck bongs) but I am VERY disappointed in the way he did his teammates.
On the bright side, due to us sucking SOOOO bad, Ding Dong the town idiot is gone. And now Lord Saban may be able to fix this humpty dumpty egg we call a team.....

Vector1Dolphins said:
Kewl a Jet's fan with class.
Yeah, there are a few out there. He's one of them and I am friends with the other.

Jim Hudson said:
Those of you who are hating on him need to calm down. Although smoking pot was obviously not the best choice, and he did abandon you, remember it is just a game. You do not understand what he was going through with that anxiety disorder. My mother has something very similar, and those goddamn pills can seriously affect you and make it worse sometimes. Pot, unfortunately, does tend to work better, and that was Ricky's choice. He wasn't using it recreationally as you guys tend to think and rip him apart over, he was using it medicinally, and if it was recreational at all I doubt it was much. I know that it wasn't the right choice and he did abandon you, but you have to do what you have to do. I'm glad that he is able to return the NFL, and I hope he continues a great career... outside of the AFC.

Good luck this year, and see you soon...

weed is a reclusive drug that makes people more antisocial. why in the hell would he use that for medicine, when he already is antisocial?

it probably made it a lot worse.

Aquanator B1000 said:
weed is a reclusive drug that makes people more antisocial. why in the hell would he use that for medicine, when he already is antisocial?

it probably made it a lot worse.
It all depends on the person, for some people it could make you more social. It can relieve the anxiety... But than for some people it could make you anti-social, it could make you paranoid, it really all depends on the person.

painnotpleasure said:
It all depends on the person, for some people it could make you more social. It can relieve the anxiety... But than for some people it could make you anti-social, it could make you paranoid, it really all depends on the person.

it rarely makes people "more social"...everyone i know who smokes pot, and i know a lot of them, all say that it makes them paranoid and less social.

that was nothing but an excuse from ricky, he smokes pot because he wants to.

it would relieve stress if anything.

i'm sure there are a few exceptions, but about 95% of people get more reclusive with the drug. It's a known side-effect.
And for someone with social anxiety disorder, it can be a very dangerous drug.

For most people it is fine, but not head cases like ricky, he can't handle the drug.

Aquanator B1000 said:
it rarely makes people "more social"...everyone i know who smokes pot, and i know a lot of them, all say that it makes them paranoid and less social.

that was nothing but an excuse from ricky, he smokes pot because he wants to.

it would relieve stress if anything.

i'm sure there are a few exceptions, but about 95% of people get more reclusive with the drug. It's a known side-effect.
And for someone with social anxiety disorder, it can be a very dangerous drug.

For most people it is fine, but not head cases like ricky, he can't handle the drug.
I understand, but the reason why I said that was because I have smoked pot before and it had relieved a lot of anxiety I had built up inside. I'm not doubting your statistics are anything... but I too have taken Paxil which Ricky was on, and I do have went off like Ricky has and it really screws you up. I have been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and I found marijuana to be much more effective than Paxil. I don't smoke regularly, I never became addicted, and I haven't smoked in over half a year but I just can relate to Ricky from my expeirence with both Paxil and marijuana. Which is why it really hit he me when Ricky was quoted saying "Marijuana helps me 10 times more than Paxil ever could", I just found it amazing my favorite player at the time saying this when I had been through the exact same thing. I also agree with you... for someone with Social Anxiety Disorder or anyone who is mentally stable for that matter, it can be a very dangerous drug. I didn't become addicted and smoke regularly like Ricky, but part of me likes to believe if there was hope for me getting better maybe there is for Ricky too. It's really up to him, I know better than to count on it.

painnotpleasure said:
I understand, but the reason why I said that was because I have smoked pot before and it had relieved a lot of anxiety I had built up inside. I'm not doubting your statistics are anything... but I too have taken Paxil which Ricky was on, and I do have went off like Ricky has and it really screws you up. I have been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and I found marijuana to be much more effective than Paxil. I don't smoke regularly, I never became addicted, and I haven't smoked in over half a year but I just can relate to Ricky from my expeirence with both Paxil and marijuana. Which is why it really hit he me when Ricky was quoted saying "Marijuana helps me 10 times more than Paxil ever could", I just found it amazing my favorite player at the time saying this when I had been through the exact same thing. I also agree with you... for someone with Social Anxiety Disorder or anyone who is mentally stable for that matter, it can be a very dangerous drug. I didn't become addicted and smoke regularly like Ricky, but part of me likes to believe if there was hope for me getting better maybe there is for Ricky too. It's really up to him, I know better than to count on it.

i used to smoke too, and it made me more anti-social.

i never had SA disorder, so i don't know, maybe it would help. but it always made me and everyone i know more antisocial.

maybe it has a reciprical effect on people with social anxiety, but common sense seems otherwise.

but i'll take your word for it, if you say it helped you with your social anxiety.

I have been battling my chemical imbalance (bi-polar, clinical depression) for a little over 20 years so far. I have gone through many different meds ,and it IS a b*itch. Sometimes you just can't function without the correct meds, and sometimes I feel good enough to where I think i can quite taking them. I have had Psych's tell me before that there is the possibility that meds can level out the chemicals in the brain, and that I could possibly never have to take them again. On the other hand, he also said that it can recurr again out of nowhere, and then I would be back on them again. Some meds can help straighten out the thought process, but screw with you in another way. Example- I am currently taking Effexor. Helps my depression some what, helps keep me level somewhat (not as many manic episodes), but has totally screwed my sleep patterns up. So you give and you take.
So when people talk about Ricky quitiing taking his meds, well, it is not that cut and dry. And on the pot issue...sometimes it has helped me come out and feel great, and other times I would be withdrawn and paranoid. It always depended on the quality of the stuff. Good stuff=better feeling. But I never could afford the good stuff, so I just don't do it :lol:
Just some things to keep in mind when making judgements about Ricky. Just like Pain said, I too was dissappointed with Ricky, but I did not hate him nor judge him for what he did.

painnotpleasure said:
I could absolutely relate to what Ricky is going through with Social Anxiety disorder and Paxil. I made a few posts about all of this back in a thread a little while ago. :::looks for it:::

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=79640&page=3&pp=40

Yes, it really does seriously affect you and screw up your mind.

Yes, I've also tried pot and yes it has worked better. I have never let it become a problem (nor would I), I never became addicted (nor would I), and I haven't used it in probably close to half a year now.

The thing is, I would say that I am more disappointed in Ricky than I am having hatred for him. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hated and was really pissed about what he did to us (the fans and this team) by walking out and letting us down (and by no means am I defending or justifying that whatsoever), but I really can relate to what he must have been going through. I believe there is hope to get better because there was for me... I know not to count on it, but I would like to believe it's a possible. I don't want to go off writing like 20 paragraphs about it again, but if you're interested to see everything I wrote my experiences with Social Anxiety and Paxil... click the link I sent above and just hit Ctrl F and "painnotpleasure". I'm going to cut this short.

Thank you, very good to hear some class from a fellow division rival. Good luck to you guys as well. See you soon enough.

That was a really informative post in the other thread man. I was also diagnosed when I was younger and growing up it was hard to do. I thought it was really cool how Ricky dealt with S.A.D. and somewhat became a role model for those fighting to overcome this -- until he began smoking marijuana.

But good post. It's good to see how others have experienced this. I have pretty much overcome everything and Paxil was a great reason for that but was really only a temp. determinant. Mental strength and confidence was the greatest drug for me.

HysterikiLL said:
That was a really informative post in the other thread man. I was also diagnosed when I was younger and growing up it was hard to do. I thought it was really cool how Ricky dealt with S.A.D. and somewhat became a role model for those fighting to overcome this -- until he began smoking marijuana.

But good post. It's good to see how others have experienced this. I have pretty much overcome everything and Paxil was a great reason for that but was really only a temp. determinant. Mental strength and confidence was the greatest drug for me.
Thanks for taking the time to read everything man. Glad to hear you were able to overcome everything.
strength and confidence was the greatest drug for me
That's a great quote right there, one that I'll always keep in mind.

Back
Top Bottom