View on Ricky from Jet Fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Ricky from Jet Fan

Aquanator B1000 said:
i used to smoke too, and it made me more anti-social.

i never had SA disorder, so i don't know, maybe it would help. but it always made me and everyone i know more antisocial.

maybe it has a reciprical effect on people with social anxiety, but common sense seems otherwise.

but i'll take your word for it, if you say it helped you with your social anxiety.
Ritalin makes people with ADD slow down.....When I take ritalin it makes me speed up because I don't have ADD.

Being that I don't have ADD, I have no idea why or how it works on people that do have it.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

I have noticed that Crack and Heroin make some people I know a lot more social. A buddy of mine that started on Heroin has a whole new set of friends, people that he never would have met otherwise. It's really a beautiful thing. He told me his doctor's didn't know what they were talking about and the medication they gave him made his stomach hurt, but that the Heroin was great....:wink:

byroan said:
I have an anxiety disorder...nothing like Ricky's though but without medicine it's a pain in the ***.

I'm with ya'. I have one too. Sometimes the stress can just whip your a$$, and then you don't know what to do. When this first went down, I hated Ricky for it. The more I've thought about it (comparing to my own situation), the more I understand why he did what he did. It doesn't make it right, but I do understand. I've even done something rather messed up that could be frowned upon, and it was because of my anxiety issues. Sometimes you just feel trapped, and don't know a way out. I took meds for a while, but I haven't taken any at all this year. Sometimes I felt like the meds were making me feel to "care free". Sometimes I feel that the added stress makes me a better person, and sometimes I feel that it makes me quite irritable.

Either way, from this day forward, I forgive the guy. I hope he doesn't turn out to do us wrong again, but I'm not going to put too much faith in him being there every Sunday either. (If he shows up and plays, it's just a bonus to me.) I understand the reasoning why most people don't forgive him, but I figure I'm looking at it from a different perspective also. One that the average person couldn't understand.

If he comes back, the fans negativity will potentially be more damaging than anything he ever could do to us. We should all just get over the Ricky thing. Either he joins us, or he doesn't. It's not in our hands.

Jim Hudson said:
Those of you who are hating on him need to calm down. Although smoking pot was obviously not the best choice, and he did abandon you, remember it is just a game. You do not understand what he was going through with that anxiety disorder. My mother has something very similar, and those goddamn pills can seriously affect you and make it worse sometimes. Pot, unfortunately, does tend to work better, and that was Ricky's choice. He wasn't using it recreationally as you guys tend to think and rip him apart over, he was using it medicinally, and if it was recreational at all I doubt it was much. I know that it wasn't the right choice and he did abandon you, but you have to do what you have to do. I'm glad that he is able to return the NFL, and I hope he continues a great career... outside of the AFC.

Good luck this year, and see you soon...

Medicinally? BAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude, you havn't got a clue. So don't come in here like you've personally hung out with Ricky on a Friday night and he told you this crap.

Can we get a real thread around here? :shakeno:

I'm reminded of the saying:

"Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes..... Then, you'll be a mile away and in their shoes."

Aside from the pun, their is truth to the matter. And, while I've never been directly attacked for "understanding" Ricky's actions, I have often felt I'm in the minority.

However, I must say, some of the more respected posters on this site have made very "understanding" and "mature" statements in this thread. It is satisfying to know that most of us can separate our "fan" disappointment from the "reality" of what/who Ricky is and suffers.

It is sobering to see this "human" side to the board within a subject that should be so offensive to "fans". I applaud the honesty and understanding this thread has displayed.

I'm proud to be apart of it.

Run Ricky Run!

Phinz Rule!

NathanHunt said:
I'm reminded of the saying:

"Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes..... Then, you'll be a mile away and in their shoes."

Aside from the pun, their is truth to the matter. And, while I've never been directly attacked for "understanding" Ricky's actions, I have often felt I'm in the minority.

However, I must say, some of the more respected posters on this site have made very "understanding" and "mature" statements in this thread. It is satisfying to know that most of us can separate our "fan" disappointment from the "reality" of what/who Ricky is and suffers.

It is sobering to see this "human" side to the board within a subject that should be so offensive to "fans". I applaud the honesty and understanding this thread has displayed.

I'm proud to be apart of it.

Run Ricky Run!

Phinz Rule!
Good post. :cooldude:

Jim Hudson said:
Those of you who are hating on him need to calm down. Although smoking pot was obviously not the best choice, and he did abandon you, remember it is just a game. You do not understand what he was going through with that anxiety disorder. My mother has something very similar, and those goddamn pills can seriously affect you and make it worse sometimes. Pot, unfortunately, does tend to work better, and that was Ricky's choice. He wasn't using it recreationally as you guys tend to think and rip him apart over, he was using it medicinally, and if it was recreational at all I doubt it was much. I know that it wasn't the right choice and he did abandon you, but you have to do what you have to do. I'm glad that he is able to return the NFL, and I hope he continues a great career... outside of the AFC.

Good luck this year, and see you soon...

I have a disorder - heck maybe a coulple - do yea think having a dog talk in your head is a problem????

They must all die!!!
No be nice!!!
Shut the **** up
There are no absolutes!!!
How about right and wrong - yea loose noddle
no no feeeeelllll your .... emotions!!!
Here I got something for yea ta feel punk
Only and evil Sith Lord(or a Republican) would talk in absolutes.
That's it your dead!!!!
ahhahadhasdahhggg.
ah your brain matter feels good as it ozzes through my fingers- ah

Ruff

Demented Dolfan said:
I have a disorder - heck maybe a coulple - do yea think having a dog talk in your head is a problem????

They must all die!!!
No be nice!!!
Shut the **** up
That's it your dead!!!!
ahhahadhasdahhggg.

Ruff

Umm...maybe you should go outside for awhile. Get some fresh air.

Jaj said:
Take it easy on the guy. And some of you Dolphin fans wonder when AFC East rival fans are *******s to us.

I agree... shut your holes. The kid just came on to express his opinion. It's not like he's one of those moronic p1ssants that come on here spouting BS like "you guys are gonna suck again this year LOLOLOLOLOL!!!".

Thanks for sharing, man!

Y-TownPhinVet said:
Just thought I'd add to Painnotpleasures comments about all this. Social anxiety, as well as Post Tramatic Stress Disorder are are pure b!tch to live with. The array of emotions can really mess a person up in ways most will never understand. What would really help is for everyone to educate yourselves on these problems, as we, as a nation will be dealing with alot more of these problems with our soon to be war vets entering our neighborhoods and workforce. As an oldtimer Fin fan, and a war vet, I appreciate what Jim had to say, and as a Jets fan, showed some real class posting his opinion. PNP backed it up very well as well, now I'm backing both up. :yell: The best kind of help for these problems, beyond meds, is just understanding and alot of support, especially where it's least expected. If all FinFans can somehow show RW that he can be a great player again, and support his return, it might just save a life! These problems can lead to alot worse than quitting your job! Next week your neighbor could be a vet with one of these problems, and even worse, it could be a family member.

I have PTSD, it's no fun at times, and I'm thankful for those that help me through the bad times. The NFL is just a game, and it pales in comparison to life when things aren't right. Have a heart, someday you'll need someone to return thhat favor! ;)

An excellent message. Well said.

Demented Dolfan said:

They must all die!!!
No be nice!!!
Shut the **** up
That's it your dead!!!!
ahhahadhasdahhggg.

Ruff
Please seek professional :help:

I enjoy smoking pot, am a huge fins fan, and was still hurt Ricky is coming back. I mean left. I mean, he he, anyone in here have a cheetos?

For the record

The e-mail it self is not what is so funny, it is the reaction that it is causing. I am on anti depressants and it is not a laughing matter. Just thought the fact that he had no idea on what he just started was a pretty funny line? The guy should catch a break, because as everyone knows most AFC east fans have no clue, and usually are a-holes:D

Back
Top Bottom