Vince Young Career Highlight Video | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young Career Highlight Video

Nappy Roots said:
uh, no way vince throws the ball 70 yards, or out throws cutler. cutlers arm is head and shoulders above youngs.

I believe Young might be able to throw it 60-70 yards, with touch. They both have really strong arms (both of them feel comfortable throwing off their back foot for example), but the problem with Young is that he throws it sidearm style alot.
But I never really noticed Young's quick release until today's video, he sure can get it out there with only a little throwing motion.

Pocoloco said:
I believe Young might be able to throw it 60-70 yards, with touch. They both have really strong arms (both of them feel comfortable throwing off their back foot for example), but the problem with Young is that he throws it sidearm style alot.
But I never really noticed Young's quick release until today's video, he sure can get it out there with only a little throwing motion.

dude, if you watched a few games of his you would know when he attempts throws downfield, 30 yards or deeper or so, his balls flutter and dont have much zip. he has zip on his short passes, but not his long balls.

Pocoloco said:

It's amazing what a person can see when they use their own eye's and not listen with their ears....when it comes to players.

He flicks his wrist and can throw a rope.. He throws without effort 50 yds down field and for all to see.

fishypete said:
And a silly comeback?

how was that a comeback, i would stating how dumb it was. no comeback needed. anyone that knows anything about college football cant argue agaisnt cutler for "not winning" and for young winning, and then on top of that, agaisnt top competition when cutler played better competition. its a stupid argument, that i wont even bother getting into with you.

Nappy Roots said:
dude, if you watched a few games of his you would know when he attempts throws downfield, 30 yards or deeper or so, his balls flutter and dont have much zip. he has zip on his short passes, but not his long balls.

Dude...if you really watch the video....you'd know that was flat out wrong. Not only did he throw 50 yds with ease...but he hits his receivers.

Nappy Roots said:
how was that a comeback, i would stating how dumb it was. no comeback needed. anyone that knows anything about college football cant argue agaisnt cutler for "not winning" and for young winning, and then on top of that, agaisnt top competition when cutler played better competition. its a stupid argument, that i wont even bother getting into with you.

Nappy...I really don't want to go into why Cutler's game of fame is Richmond..and Young's is USC and Michigan. If you think that Cutler played against better competiton...than Young did...what can I say?

Nappy Roots said:

he has several really deep passes in that video, and most of time those receivers were covered pretty well. Young was able to just drop it in over their shoulder from 40-50 yards away. I saw no fluttering whatsoever.
In a skills challenge type situation, where Young just has to chuck the ball as far as he can, I betcha he can get it upwards of 60 yards, maybe even hit 70.

fishypete said:
Nappy...I really don't want to go into why Cutler's game of fame is Richmond..and Young's is USC and Michigan. If you think that Cutler played against better competiton...than Young did...what can I say?

actually, I think Cutler's defining game this year was actually an overtime loss, to Florida.
I don't put too much stock into this strength of schedule argument. I think both quarterbacks played against great competition, but the SEC is probably a harder place to play week in and week out.
I think you gotta look at which quarterback made their team better. In my opinion, neither Young or Cutler really did a great job of that (no breakout offensive stars that weren't already there). Both carried their teams most of the time. I think you could argue that Leinart (at least last year) and Quinn (this year) did a tremendous job in that department.

Pocoloco said:
actually, I think Cutler's defining game this year was actually an overtime loss, to Florida.
I don't put too much stock into this strength of schedule argument. I think both quarterbacks played against great competition, but the SEC is probably a harder place to play week in and week out.
I think you gotta look at which quarterback made their team better. In my opinion, neither Young or Cutler really did a great job of that (no breakout offensive stars that weren't already there). Both carried their teams most of the time. I think you could argue that Leinart (at least last year) and Quinn (this year) did a tremendous job in that department.

When you look at half the teams in the sec....they have losing records...just how good could they be? Cutler has possibilites...but he isn't a first round pick QB...that should be very obvious after the senior bowl...in fact I like Croyle over him...croyle has a strong arm...and is accurate...plus he played for Shula...so he knows what it takes to play in the NFL.

Pocoloco said:

Its not really sidearm, its more like a flick of the rist from the side of his shoulder, not under the shoulder. Like how some throw darts. I dont have a problem with the way he throws because it is a quick release and he puts a move on and throws or runs which just cause complete headaches for a defense. His running ability is better than Micheal Vick. He is smoother and he actually steps back and moves forward so quick it makes your head spin.

Young is a leader. Vick has a little punk in him. There is a difference in character and leadership. But 6-5 and 230 lbs. He simply makes plays constantly.

01/27/2006 - By PR Newswire

-- Twelve future NFL players who represent some of the best in college football will compete in the ninth annual Capital One Presents the College Football All-Star Challenge. This year's event will be televised by ESPN, Saturday, February 4 at 4:00 PM EST. With the move to ESPN the show now expands to an hour and a half...

Over the nine year history of the event, twenty-four competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 have been chosen in the second round. Among last year's competitors were NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Carnell "Cadillac" Williams and Chicago Bears quarterback Kyle Orton. Once again, the Challenge will be taped at Dolphins' Stadium in Miami

"We are excited to have one of the most compelling events of football's biggest weekend on ESPN. This season, we will have another outstanding field of competitors. If it is anything like past competitions, it will serve as an excellent precursor to the NFL Draft," stated Jason Coyle, Intersport Senior Vice President and General Manager, Media.

Texas quarterback and Rose Bowl MVP Vince Young and UCLA quarterback Drew Olson will lead this year's field. Confirmed competitors also include: Alabama quarterback Brodie Croyle, Maryland tight end Vernon Davis, Miami wide receiver Sinorice Moss, Minnesota running back Laurence Maroney, Clemson quarterback Charlie Whitehurst and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams. Moss' brother, Redskins receiver Santana Moss, was a participant in the 2001 College Football All-Star Challenge. It is the first time a sibling of a former competitor has entered the contest.

There will be three divisions of competitors: quarterbacks, receivers/running backs and kickers. The kicking competition is new to this year's event. Stephen Gostkowski of Memphis, Connor Hughes of Virginia, Josh Huston of Ohio State and David Pino of Texas are the inaugural field. Additional competitors will be announced soon

Nappy Roots said:
WOW now that IS dumb

Back
Top Bottom