Vince Young is starting to look like every other great college QB..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young is starting to look like every other great college QB.....

Juan Cribbs said:
like who?

speedrush. you agreed with him. And we all know Speedrush is a Cutler lover. Nothing wrong with that. But I just thought I would point that out.

Skeet84 said:
Yeap. There are always a big deal about Vince even tho you know he won't be a Dolphin.
I was on that line until he showed his skills during Texas' pro day, where his 40 yards dash where slower than expected and he waited until his WR make the cuts, adding many doubters on him.
I think that after the rumors of his low scored test and with Jay Cuttler winning points as a solid pocket QB, Vince may suffer the same kind of luck than Aaron Rodgers and slide to us with that #16 spot.

Juan Cribbs said:
his footwork is terrible, too...just goes to show you...cutler has really improved his mechanics during this offseason, and young hasn't done anything. if anything, it's just gotten worse.
Young is not that terrible, but Jay Cutler has been moving up his odds and with that is pushing so hard on Vince because every team is always open to draft a franchise QB but also everybody avoids a Ryan Leaf situation.
Cutler is adding points because he did it great while preparing for Senior Bowl, where nobody expected much on him, and he showed solid, natural, confident and very skilled under an NFL-like playbook. His best features were pocket abilities, precision throwing, great timming and excellent arm power.
Vince will have to deal with that and upgrade his mechanicals and somehow show the NFL he's able to be a pocket QB.

finfan54 said:
speedrush. you agreed with him. And we all know Speedrush is a Cutler lover. Nothing wrong with that. But I just thought I would point that out.

:rolleyes2 Why do Young fans always bring up other QBs as their defense? Yeah I prefer Cutler, but realized a long time ago we have no shot at him, nor do we need him now that we have Pep. All I said was his throwing motion was very awkward, which is a solid fact.

SpeedRush99 said:
:rolleyes2 Why do Young fans always bring up other QBs as their defense? Yeah I prefer Cutler, but realized a long time ago we have no shot at him, nor do we need him now that we have Pep. All I said was his throwing motion was very awkward, which is a solid fact.

Some people like Fishypete and Alex22 have trouble admitting when their WRONG! Cutler has shot up the draft boards because scouts like what they see. Young is dropping because the more they look...the less they like. Speedrush, Boomer, Ck, and other either hinted or in my case flat out predicted this would happen. FISHYPETE! where are you?????:sidelol:

Finfanforever said:
Some people like Fishypete and Alex22 have trouble admitting when their WRONG! Cutler has shot up the draft boards because scouts like what they see. Young is dropping because the more they look...the less they like. Speedrush, Boomer, Ck, and other either hinted or in my case flat out predicted this would happen. FISHYPETE! where are you?????:sidelol:

I just think its pretty pathetic that someone uses the defense that he's a "Cutler lover" just because they commented on VY's obvious awkward throwing motion. One has nothing to do with the other.

SpeedRush99 said:
I just think its pretty pathetic that someone uses the defense that he's a "Cutler lover" just because they commented on VY's obvious awkward throwing motion.

Don't get me wrong, Young MAY turn out to be a pretty good pro but he IS a PROJECT. I just don't see someone spending a top 10 pick on him. Unless D. Green at Arizona or the Raiders do. I see Young being this years Aaron Rodgers. Can you say S-L-I-D-E !!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Finfanforever said:
Don't get me wrong, Young MAY turn out to be a pretty good pro but he IS a PROJECT. I just don't see someone spending a top 10 pick on him. Unless D. Green at Arizona or the Raiders do. I see Young being this years Aaron Rodgers. Can you say S-L-I-D-E !!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I agree, I see him going to Arizona. The Raiders have to many defensive needs.

finfan54 said:
Judging from the Saban pic with VY, it looks like Nick may take him at 16 if he falls. Dont think it could happen? Saban likes big mobile QB's.
clear.gif

With all of his secrecy about potential prospects, do you really think that Saban posing for a picture with Young means he is seriously being looked at as a prospect? Saban already has a big, mobile QB. What he doesn't have is the cap space to draft a first rounder like Young when our QB situation is set for at least four more years.

Its all PR BS. I dont think Saban has any intentions of drafting a QB high after we just got Culpepper. That would be using our 1st and 2nd rounders on QBs. Saban needs to seem interested in ANY player that might be available at #16.

finfan54 said:
Judging from the Saban pic with VY, it looks like Nick may take him at 16 if he falls. Dont think it could happen? Saban likes big mobile QB's.

:sidelol: So because he posed for a picture with him it means he's gonna draft him? Wow, your getting desparate. Are you not happy with Culpepper?

IMO VY is the next Mcnabb. It took Mcnabb several years to "get it", but now he is certainly a good, successful QB. If you compare VY's and Mcnabb's final college seasons they are almost identical. The differences are that Mcnabb ran a higher % of the time and completed a lower % of his passes (for lower avg. yards). They also had very similar wonderlic scores.

Back
Top Bottom