Vince Young, the one y'all have been yearning to see | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young, the one y'all have been yearning to see

HysterikiLL said:
No need for sarcasm. What else could he do to get people to stop hating him? He does bad and people shovel crap on him and yet when he does good it's "well he was playing an awful team".

I'll give y'all a stat..... 0. The amount of losses we've had with Young at QB this season. I don't care who does what, that 0 will get us to the Rose Bowl regardless of interceptions, rushing yards, underthrown passes, etc, etc, etc. 0.

That 0 means nothing once he gets to the NFL. When he consistently throws the ball well, and manages to do it against a decent team or two then I'll be a little less skeptical. 1 good passing game against a bad team proves nothing.

DonShula84 said:
That 0 means nothing once he gets to the NFL. When he consistently throws the ball well, and manages to do it against a decent team or two then I'll be a little less skeptical. 1 good passing game against a bad team proves nothing.

I never mentioned the NFL...and what about that game winning TD he threw vs OSU in week 2?

Point is, nobody has ever given this guy an ounce of respect in this forum yet everybody goes on about how he is overrated. He's been getting the job done. Maybe he WILL struggle when he gets to the NFL but nobody said he was ready for the NFL at the moment anyway.

HysterikiLL said:
Here we go again with the "Blah blah was a good prospect" comments again. Sure there have been guys who have been good in college and sucked in the pros...a lot of them. But there have also been guys who have had success in college and had success in the pros. The point I made in my second post was that Young is like Vick in that he wins games, period. He could throw 5 INTs in a game and still find a way to win because that's his nature.
if young throws 5 INTs and wins a game, it's because texas is extremely talented

HysterikiLL said:
I never mentioned the NFL...and what about that game winning TD he threw vs OSU in week 2?

Point is, nobody has ever given this guy an ounce of respect in this forum yet everybody goes on about how he is overrated. He's been getting the job done. Maybe he WILL struggle when he gets to the NFL but nobody said he was ready for the NFL at the moment anyway.

I think he's a great college player, I just dont think he'll make a great pro.

HysterikiLL said:

he IS overrated. even in games he's played poorly the team has still won. why? because his team is GREAT. plain and simple. he throws horrible passes than his receviers somehow catch. he has the best line in the country blocking for him. he has one of the best defenses in the country. he makes mistakes that his teammates make up for. blah blah blah OVERRATED

kastofsna120 said:
if young throws 5 INTs and wins a game, it's because texas is extremely talented

Given, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he will keep in the game in every possible way and will make the plays that matter. If he does that with his feet or his arm, it doesn't really matter as long as he does it.

kansas has the fifth best overall defense in the ncaa.So vince has proven he can pass

HysterikiLL said:
Young put up a completely different performance today passing 19/27 for 281 yards and 4 TDs. He also is credited with running 6 times for -4 yards. He stayed in the pocket today and proved to a lot of you haters that he can PASS THE FOOTBALL.

No he didn't. I'm curious to see what his stats would have been had his receivers not bailed him out on so many passes. This guy is easily the most overrated player in college football.

Vince is NOT COMING TO MIAMI FOLKS

I'll go on a limb and say there have been 3 QB's that have impressed me:

Brodie Croyle......Alabama

Michael Robinson.......Penn State

Jay Culbert.......Vanderbilt

ALL 3 WOULD BE AVAILABLE FROM 1ST ROUND DOWN TO THE 5TH ROUND

KB21 said:
No he didn't. I'm curious to see what his stats would have been had his receivers not bailed him out on so many passes. This guy is easily the most overrated player in college football.

KB, I'm really surprised to see a comment like this come from you. What I've been saying all along is clearly coming out in this thread -- The only people who seem to talk Vince up are his loyal fans who see his potential, talking heads on ESPN who like the shock value and unjustified opinionaters who make one post and disappear -- In actuality though, the only reason Vince Young is so 'overrated' is because so many people call him 'overrated' and talk about him (most talk being generated from hatred towards him).

To make a comment so bold is really not something I would think I'd see from a 'Draft Guru' but that's your opinion and I respect that. But I just pose this question to you or anyone....what has Vince Young done wrong that has screwed his team up so badly?

On to todays game. Kansas have a very good defensive backfield. He passed well against them. There is really nothing more he could've done apart from having a 100% completion rating -- he was very very good. So why are you people taking such disdain towards his performance? I also disagree with all saying his passes were horrible or poorly thrown -- Today he passed very well. I've gone through his film and there were three passes that he telegraphed poorly -- apart from that, he had some very very nice passes, his vision is clearly improving, his confidence in the pocket was excellent.

Also, remember -- this guy is a Sophomore who intends to return. He never said he was ready and it seems apparent that another year in the college system will only do good to his qualities as a passer. He is clearly a better pocket passer than last season, he is also running better. So why exactly is this guy a dignified, guaranteed NFL bust?

dorsaroll156 said:
kansas has the fifth best overall defense in the ncaa.So vince has proven he can pass
yeah, I guess Vince really put on a show against that doomsday defense

ghostface95 said:
Vince is NOT COMING TO MIAMI FOLKS

I'll go on a limb and say there have been 3 QB's that have impressed me:

Brodie Croyle......Alabama

Michael Robinson.......Penn State

Jay Culbert.......Vanderbilt

ALL 3 WOULD BE AVAILABLE FROM 1ST ROUND DOWN TO THE 5TH ROUND

Robinson = WR in the NFL....IMO

Back
Top Bottom