Vince Young | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young

SouthJerseyFin

Starter
Reaction score
[mod] keep draft threads in the draft forum [/mod]

Dont know if this was already posted .. or should probably be in the draft forum but ohhh weelllllllllll....

Dolphins | Team and Saban like V. Young; but will he be there at No. 16?
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:05:44 -0700
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban's esteem for Texas QB Vince Young started when the Texas quarterback was 14 years old. If Young is available with the 16th pick of the NFL Draft, Miami likely would pick him. Saban recruited Young, and the player picked Texas over LSU in what sources close to Young say was a very difficult decision. Even if Young might not fill the immediate need for an experienced backup quarterback, Saban sees Young, or practically any talented young quarterback, as a player who can be dealt later for multiple draft picks that would be valuable for the team.

Slappy8800 said:
please god no.just please no

Warriors come out and play....:D

Yeah, I don't think we need Young or his price tag. If we didn't have C-Pep than hell yeah!!!

vince young will not succeed at the next level. i feel sorry for the poor franchise that picks him. :cough: oakland :cough: . poor al davis, he can't get anything right.

kkcow15 said:
vince young will not succeed at the next level. i feel sorry for the poor franchise that picks him. :cough: oakland :cough: . poor al davis, he can't get anything right.

haha..tho i never heard the words "poor al davis" before

If we pick Vince...I will curl into the fetal postion and cry for a week.

I trust Nick to pick who he feels would benefit this team the most. If Young could become a stud at this level then Nick will see it. Anyway he will not be available. We need to pick the best CB or OT that is available.

I wouldnt wanna risk our #1 on such a risk anyway, unless a team molds their offense around him he won't be successful at all and even if they do I just think he's way too big of a question mark to even be worth a 1st round pick regardless of who it is, he's an experiment I wish him the best but there's no telling how he'll do in the NFL

Herald Speculates: Young to Fins @ 16th Pick

Hello everyone: :dolphins:

I was making my usual rounds thru the NFL News and Rumor sites and I came across this article in the Miami Herald of all places....:shakeno:

The article suggests that Texas QB - Vince Young might still be available at #16 and that we might take him if he available. :sidelol:

Now I know that Young's draft stock has plummeted lately, but to think that he would fall all the way to 16th is a bit far fetched. It is extremely more probable that he will be gone by the 10th pick.

Teams such as the Raiders, Jets, etc. would definitely scoop him up b4 we ever got a shot at him.

Anyway, check out the article and let me know your thoughts on this topic.

Here's the link:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14339116.htm

Personally, I seriously doubt Young will drop that far. There are a number of teams that need QB's and I think his athletic skills will be too much to pass up.

I actually think that this is why we are looking at him - just in case he falls to us. You have to get the best player in round 1At the same time, if he does fall to us, it will help us get good trade value for the pick if teams see us as interested in possibly drafting Young. So, our interest in him is a positive.

I read this article as well and I don't see how the Herald came up with that headline from the comments they quoted Saban as making. He did say he was interested in Young and that he saw a place for him on the team, but he never said that Young would likely be our choice.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
My thoughts: The mods should move this to the draft forum and then merge.

Why should we move a topic about the Dolphins draft players to the draft forum? It's a major "Dolphin" topic at this juncture - not just a draft topic.

Personally, I think there has been some inconsistency on what is moved or not. Are we going to cut off all discussion of potential Dolphin draft picks from this forum? If so, that will severely limit the discussion here the next few weeks.

Armando Salguero is crazy :m359:, Young would go to either the Raiders or the Cardinals.

If he's there at 16 you have to take him. Find a way to use him. We're stockpiling offensive talent as it is. Saban and Mularkey are clever enough to get productivity out of one of the best atheletes in the world.

Having said that, there's no way he falls to 16. But if he falls into the 10-13 area, I wouldn't be shocked to see Saban move up to get him.

Da 'Fins said:
Why should we move a topic about the Dolphins draft players to the draft forum? It's a major "Dolphin" topic at this juncture - not just a draft topic.

Personally, I think there has been some inconsistency on what is moved or not. Are we going to cut off all discussion of potential Dolphin draft picks from this forum? If so, that will severely limit the discussion here the next few weeks.

You know the thread police always has to get a word in.

Back
Top Bottom