Vince Young | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young

I dont see how he could fall that far, but hey..Look at last year. WHo was it that fell waaaaay down the board to like the LAST pick of the 1st round? Was it Aaron Rogers ? I think..ANyway, NOBODY expected THAT! WHat I'm wondering is: Would they take him to PLAY HIM? OR use for a future Trade??
If CULPEPPER is healthy, and you've got a VINCE YOUNG on your roster...WHAT DO YOU DO??

yeh but you never know. Chances are he doesn't fall to 16 but crazier things have happened. I'd take him. Look at Schaub and the high picks ATL demands for him and teams wish they had it to meet. Vince could be very valuable this year or next.

Young won't fall to us and if he does wow I have no problem drafting the best player available, which would be young at the point Im sure, does any one else agree

#16 is probably higher than Miami will draft for a long time so I think you have to get who you want regardless of what you have to do, especially if it's a QB.

Da 'Fins said:
Why should we move a topic about the Dolphins draft players to the draft forum? It's a major "Dolphin" topic at this juncture - not just a draft topic.

You answered your own question. There is a draft forum to talk about the draft. Plus this has already been the subject of two threads over there -- why do we need to start a third in a different location. And there are plenty of non-draft topics to kick around in the main board right now -- development of our young players, Ricky's drug appeal, this year's schedule, Daunte's rehab status, positional battles, etc.

There is a thread in VIP about this very topic so I'll just paste what I wrote there:

The Miami media is buying into the Young hype machine now.

A question for everyone who is jumping up and down because the article tells us we are drafting Vince Young. Do you honestly believe after months of showing the ultimate poker face, Saban is going to tell the world who he is drafting and be honest about it?

I'm willing to bet anything that reporters took what Nick may have said in a general interview and fit it around a story that would get them a read.

Saban is playing the same old game. He's letting things slip that he wants to let slip. If Young is there for us at #16 he wants teams below us to think we'll pick him so he can fleece draft picks from someone.

Boomer mentioned it in another thread and I agree. Vince Young would be a luxery pick for the Miami Dolphins right now. We are not ready to make luxery picks. We have too many needs to pick a QB/WR hybrid in the first round. Besides, Young would'nt be BPA when we pick anyway. Hell, if he was there for us in the third I would'nt take him....just my opinion.

Absurd Article

I know that speculation during the draft season is often out there, but when I read this article I thought it was especially absurd. There are at least 5 teams in front of us that would take VY if he were still on the board ahead of us for potential alone. In fact, I would be suprised if he fell out of the top 5 with NY and Tenn both needing QB's. Even if one of these teams didn't nab him you look at 6-10 and only San Fran would not at least consider taking him.

unifiedtheory said:
There is a thread in VIP about this very topic so I'll just paste what I wrote there:

A question for everyone who is jumping up and down because the article tells us we are drafting Vince Young. Do you honestly believe after months of showing the ultimate poker face, Saban is going to tell the world who he is drafting and be honest about it?

I'm willing to bet anything that reporters took what Nick may have said in a general interview and fit it around a story that would get them a read.

Saban is playing the same old game. He's letting things slip that he wants to let slip. If Young is there for us at #16 he wants teams below us to think we'll pick him so he can fleece draft picks from someone.

Boomer mentioned it in another thread and I agree. Vince Young would be a luxery pick for the Miami Dolphins right now. We are not ready to make luxery picks. We have too many needs to pick a QB/WR hybrid in the first round. Besides, Young would'nt be BPA when we pick anyway. Hell, if he was there for us in the third I would'nt take him....just my opinion.

Luxury or not if Young fell to 16 he would be a great pick. Especially if we sign Arrington we have no areas that not been addressed somewhat in free agency. You could argue about safety but maybe we move one of the new corners to safety. The problem with going safety is that besides Huff or williams there is no reason to justify taking a Winter or Simpson with that high of a pick. I truly wish we would trade down and get more picks unelss we take Chad Jackson or Winston Justice. Both could be gone by our pick. Who would be the best player available over Young at sixteen?

BringBackShula said:
I dont see how he could fall that far, but hey..Look at last year. WHo was it that fell waaaaay down the board to like the LAST pick of the 1st round? Was it Aaron Rogers ? I think..ANyway, NOBODY expected THAT! WHat I'm wondering is: Would they take him to PLAY HIM? OR use for a future Trade??
If CULPEPPER is healthy, and you've got a VINCE YOUNG on your roster...WHAT DO YOU DO??

You take him. You would be an idiot not to.

unifiedtheory said:

what aload of crap.

finfan54 said:
what aload of crap.
Did you imply that my post was a load of crap?

With stunning insight like that I know how you got to 9,000+ posts. If you want to comment on what I said in a post it would be a good idea in the future to come up with something that takes a little bit of intelligence.

I think Vince Young is the most overrated Q.B. since Ron Mexico. My opinion on Young is very un-objective because I don't like his as a player...I never have and watching how he has conducted himself in the offseason has only increased my skepticism.

fF he was available at #16 I'd pass. Give me Greenway, Jackson or Holmes is a SECOND over Young.

Like I said, I would'nt take Young in the third if he was there. He is'nt an NFL quarterback, I don't CARE what the hype machine says. I don't want a one read and run for your life Q.B....his style never has and never will work in the NFL.

Regardless of who picks in the top ten this year... Vince is a top ten talent. How soon people forget what type of player he was at the college level. He can do much more damage to an NFL defense as a QB than Reggie Bush can as a 3 down back IMO. Just watch the Rose Bowl again. Vince may not start for a year or two but i believe he will be an effective passer and more dangerous a QB than Vick. He's not super fast and he doesnt have a monster arm.... he's just a spectacular Football player. He'll make a mediocre offense a puzzle to defend. If Vince is somehow still available 3 spots before we pick I'll wet my pants.

Back
Top Bottom