Vince Young | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young

unifiedtheory said:
There is a thread in VIP about this very topic so I'll just paste what I wrote there:

The Miami media is buying into the Young hype machine now.

A question for everyone who is jumping up and down because the article tells us we are drafting Vince Young. Do you honestly believe after months of showing the ultimate poker face, Saban is going to tell the world who he is drafting and be honest about it?

I'm willing to bet anything that reporters took what Nick may have said in a general interview and fit it around a story that would get them a read.

Saban is playing the same old game. He's letting things slip that he wants to let slip. If Young is there for us at #16 he wants teams below us to think we'll pick him so he can fleece draft picks from someone.

Boomer mentioned it in another thread and I agree. Vince Young would be a luxery pick for the Miami Dolphins right now. We are not ready to make luxery picks. We have too many needs to pick a QB/WR hybrid in the first round. Besides, Young would'nt be BPA when we pick anyway. Hell, if he was there for us in the third I would'nt take him....just my opinion.

I promised myself to quit reading these threads, much less responding, but cant help myself.

I agree with your assesment re: Saban not showing his cards, but I have to believe you did not have a chance to watch many UT games when you claim Vince is a one read and run guy, that simply is not the case. If anything, there were games that I was screaming at him to go bc he was NOT running. VY is NOT a qb/wr hybrid. He will be drafted high in this draft as a QB. Will he have a successful career? I think so, and really hope so because, again if you had the opportunity to watch his career, he is a high quality guy.

He wont be around at 16 and if he was I would certainly hope we would draft him. Would Saban move up to pick him? My gut says no.

evreyone is getting the wrong opinon on vince. he was a run first qb.....his junior year. i have seen most of his games as a senior (i live close to ut and my sis goes there) so i can say that i think he will be AT LEAST a GOOD player in the nfl. he would be way to good of a pick to pass up. I just hope he is there.

TexPhinPhan said:
I agree with your assesment re: Saban not showing his cards, but I have to believe you did not have a chance to watch many UT games when you claim Vince is a one read and run guy, that simply is not the case.
actually it is the case, as that was the design of the offense.

COMEBACKRICKY said:
evreyone is getting the wrong opinon on vince. he was a run first qb.....his junior year. i have seen most of his games as a senior (i live close to ut and my sis goes there) so i can say that i think he will be AT LEAST a GOOD player in the nfl. he would be way to good of a pick to pass up. I just hope he is there.
I think you mean Sophmore and junior years, but I get your point.

im starting to think that either cutler or young will definately fall in the draft.

TexPhinPhan said:
just simply wrong.
no...in a zone-read offense, you fake the hand off to the back while looking at the defense, and if the initial read wasn't there, he just tucked the ball and ran. luckily for him, his receivers outmatched the defensive backs in every game, so they were more open than not. now if he was at a school with much less talent at the skill positions, he would've ran a lot more. his success is mostly a result from the offense and his teammates.

Back
Top Bottom