Vince Young's Wonderlick Score | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young's Wonderlick Score

flintsilver7 said:
I never said they were unathletic, though I could see how what I said could be read that way. I did say (and I stick to) that they are the least athletic people on the field.

Most quarterbacks don't even do that. But you think offensive linemen do? I doubt that.

I will say again that offensive linemen frequently need to block the guys that are their base assignments. Linemen generally do not have the opportunity to pick up blitzing defenders.

Ask David Carr if he gets sacked repeatedly because his linemen are not smart enough or because they simply don't have the talent. If it were simply a matter of blocking a different guy, the Texans would do substantially better.

1- I dont agree with that either, everyone is equally athletic but does different things

2- Linemen always change their assignments and are picking up different guys, its usually never just block the guy in front of you unless the defense only brings 4 defenders

3- That texans thing didnt make sense, if its not because they arent smart enough, or because they arent athletic enough then what is it? Ill make the bet that they are equally as strong as any other O-line in the league so what do you think their problem is

HysterikiLL said:
Has anyone noted that they screwed up his results and he actually got a 16, and because of the screw up, they're letting him take the test again?

16 was better than Marino, so will this dissolve the haters somewhat from this thread?
I did :D

Alex22 said:
1- I dont agree with that either, everyone is equally athletic but does different things

That statement makes no sense. You're saying that LaDainian Tomlinson and Jonathan Ogden are equally athletic, just in different ways? Their relative strength, conditioning, speed, flexibility, and so on would beg to differ.

2- Linemen always change their assignments and are picking up different guys, its usually never just block the guy in front of you unless the defense only brings 4 defenders

"Only bringing 4 defenders" is also known as what usually happens in a football game. Even on blitzes most linemen pick up whoever lines up in front of them, or whoever charges their gap - usually, it's the same person.

3- That texans thing didnt make sense, if its not because they arent smart enough, or because they arent athletic enough then what is it? Ill make the bet that they are equally as strong as any other O-line in the league so what do you think their problem is

First, athleticism is not intelligence. I repeated that before. The linemen for the Texans simply do not have the talent to protect their quarterback. This is compounded by the fact that their second-best receiving option is Domanick Davis. Defenses rarely have to play nickel or dime packages against the Texans.

Dredd1050 said:
First he scored a 12, then he re-took it and scored a 16.

It is a HUGE red flag when a QB scores in the teens. Remember what this test is. I've taken it before. The first question on my copy was "what is the 9th month of the year?".

Thoughts?

I dont think VY really cares.

KuchaMucha said:
Yep, I agree with you there re: the SAT scores...but I honestly think that the Wonerlick has to be closer to an IQ test than an SAT due to the reasons I mentioned above (although the SAT is a good tool). This is why I'm opposed to letting Young take it a third or fourth time...a psychologist will tell you that IQ test results can rise if you take it repeatedly over a short period of time...but these rising results will be inaccurate and that is why they use other tools (at times) other than IQ tests to measure intelligence.

Maybe that's what Young's agent and college coach need to do. Hire an independent psychologist and have that psychologist administer an IQ and Rorschac (sp??) test on him. They don't have to tell anyone. He takes the test and if he scores well, then the agent can share the test results with teams. If he does poorly, no one has to know that he took these tests.

Your idea about averaging out two scores isn't bad but I don't think that an average of 11 would help Young. :)

Actually the Titans (and other interested teams) will be the ones to psychological tests. When McNair scored a 15 in 1995, GM Reese used that type of test to make sure McNair wouldn't have any problem learning in the NFL. Worked out for them with McNair, guess we'll find out on draft day if Young passed the psych test.

young3ce-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom