Voice your opinion! How should suggestive images be treated? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Voice your opinion! How should suggestive images be treated?

With regard to provocative imagery, how should Finheaven's TOS read?

• While generally pictures of women are allowed, please try to use your own judgment on what should an

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • While generally pictures of women are allowed, no nudity (partial or total) or sexually explicit pic

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • While generally pictures of women are allowed, please try to use your own judgment on what should an

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • While generally pictures of women are allowed, please use pictures of Dolphin cheerleaders only.

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by IceStorm
Well, say what you want to. But this is a message board about football. This isn't some immature little boy message board about who's got the best picture of some woman that wouldn't even recognize their existance.

Again, if thats what people want then thats fine. But then this place becomes less about the Dolphins and more about something that 1000000 other message boards are doing.

If it's voted that its ok, then make them have size requirements. I like this board and I'd rather not have to go elsewhere to talk about the Miami Dolphins.

Ice... you're absolutely right.. this is a Dolphins fan board first and foremost...

However... in such a forum, the testosterone levels are generally pretty high.. so you should expect some "girlie pics" and ogling...
That said... I agree it should not become a competition over the best pic...and I hope it doesn't, it hasn't so far IMO
I also agree with the size restriction.. for any pic in your signature.... the folks who use dial up to connect shouldn't have to wait 10 minutes for someone's pic to load...

I will certainly talk to AJ about it and see if we can come up with something that's fair....

I do like the idea of the size requirements because I among others are on dial-up and when you have ten posts and eight of them has a huge picture on them it takes about a minute or so to load the whole page but I have seen nothing wrong with any picture yet. As long as no one gos overboard and starts posting nudity pictures and I think that we are all a little more grown up so that.

Is there any way to reduce size with out actually resizing the pic in a program then uploading it again?? I think they did for me over at the Buffalorange.com boards...

Its sort of like making text bold.. but I am not sure how it was done..

And is my Sigpic too big?

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Is there any way to reduce size with out actually resizing the pic in a program then uploading it again?? I think they did for me over at the Buffalorange.com boards...

Its sort of like making text bold.. but I am not sure how it was done..

And is my Sigpic too big?

You can reduce the size the picture takes up on the screen, but it will still take just as long to load it, since the file size remains the same. If you want to reduce the file size you have to do so in a program and upload it again. And IMO, I think anything over 250x250 is too big, and yours is 600x467.

Also, an overview of my suggestions.

1.) I too would prefer fewer of the scantily clad babes, as this is a Dolphins board, not the Maxim board. We also must be mindful of our female members (I know you're out there). However I don't mind seeing them, so I could care less either way.

2.) Definitely place a limit on the file size of signature pictures as well as their resolution. I don't think under 30KB and 250x250 is too much to ask.

3.) Only one sig picture at a time. Multiple pictures would definitely exceed 30KB.

4.) Never, ever convert this site to Flash, AJ. As snazzy as it is, whenever I am forced to use 56K I cringe at the thought of being forced to view a site with Flash.

I generally believe that people

use pretty good judgement with what is posted in terms of women...

I thought the photo of Vida Guerra was pretty creative and most definitely sexy...

However, I can certainly understand the concern with younger viewership...

Honestly, though...I'm not sure that anyone would see anything different by walking in a mall and seeing a Victoria Secret Image in the window.

A tough issue...good luck A.J.

So ... the people have spoken. Thanks to the mods for letting this discussion bloom!

So ... when does Vida return?!?

Why is this an issue? It never has been. Are we causing it to be an issue just out of "fear of what COULD happen?"

I say leave it alone until it is an issue. I have not seen anything that crossess the boundaries of nudity, and I am not aware of any negative posts regarding images. We are bunkering for a storm that may never hit.

If someone goes to far or if there starts to be complaints, then let us address it.

But I was in the store last night and thought of this subject. I was looking at the magazine selection and prominently displayed for ALL to see was Maxim, FHM, etc with more explicit images than I see here. I had to laugh. I am a prent of three kids and I have no worry about what is on here. This site is constructed for the majority who don't have a problem with it. We can't be all things to all people. Anyone who does nto like th content can go elsewhere. But the majority are happy with the way things are.

Really, this is a trivial thing. I can tell it is off season.

I say kill this bill in Congress and lets get back to the Fins.

Originally posted by IceStorm
Well, say what you want to. But this is a message board about football. This isn't some immature little boy message board about who's got the best picture of some woman that wouldn't even recognize their existance.

Again, if thats what people want then thats fine. But then this place becomes less about the Dolphins and more about something that 1000000 other message boards are doing.

If it's voted that its ok, then make them have size requirements. I like this board and I'd rather not have to go elsewhere to talk about the Miami Dolphins.

Hmmm, me thinks IceStorm just don't like look'in at da women?:sceptic: :foundout: :jawdrop:
:jk:

Hey I can't even figure out how to put pics in my sig. but I don't mind looking at the ladies, most of them are in good taste and it dosen't distract me from the point of the post.

I voted for #3

:topic: You know you could almost carry on a whole conversation with smilies if you could fit enough on the post?
I vote we need a smilie that gives the finger.

When Vida's picture was still there, I smacked less and less. Like I said before it's hard to type with one hand. Now that her picture is gone........ :D

So you see, not having pictures of women causes visitors to smack because there's nothing else to do.

Originally posted by ronnie_augs
I hope not. I love women in thongs.
thats what the "depths of the sea" is for in the smack forum.

i voted for number 2, women are here to stay, so they should be allowed to be posted in sigs, but total or partial nudity is out!;)

I agree with Iceman. And I dig women an all that, but I can go anywhere on the web to find that. Actually all I have to do is go to the mall, there are plenty of LIVE squeezys there. Here I wana see Dolphin football only please.

Originally posted by justafan
When Vida's picture was still there, I smacked less and less. Like I said before it's hard to type with one hand. Now that her picture is gone........ :D

So you see, not having pictures of women causes visitors to smack because there's nothing else to do.

More WHACK! Less SMACK! :D

Back
Top Bottom