Volin: Besides being absentee owner, Ross keeps making two other major flaws | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volin: Besides being absentee owner, Ross keeps making two other major flaws

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ross has taken some heat in Miami for being an absentee owner (he lives in New York and flies to Miami for games) and twice now he has kept a coach too long because he didn’t have a pulse on the team — Philbin this year and Tony Sparano in 2011.

Ross keeps making two other major flaws:

1. He needs to stop hiring and firing his football staff piece by piece. In late 2011, he fired coach Sparano but kept general manager Jeff Ireland. In 2014, he fired Ireland but kept Philbin. Now he’s firing Philbin and keeping the front office intact — for now. It has caused a lot of friction inside the football department, and it would behoove Ross to allow first-year football czar Mike Tannenbaum to clean house after this year and hire a coach and scouting/executive staff that are in lockstep with each other.

2. Ross has to stop empowering the players. It seems after every loss we hear of unnamed players complaining about the coaches and the schemes and how the coaching staff is holding the players back. Firing Philbin and Coyle was clearly a move to appease the players as much it was the fans.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...le-standard/Oci5Up6lRdsn0JfmJ3JbBK/story.html

Ross is awful and total imbecile when it comes to football.

Go away Ben! Write about the great R.Kraft and leave us to our own.

Once again Ben Volin hits the nail on the head.

While I am happy with what Hickey has done, it's time to have your GM pick a good coach and let the whole regime be responsible for the results. That includes Tannebaum, Hickey, Aponte and the current coaching staff.

These SoBe players do NOT need to be empowered. This isn't the Kardashians. Do what the coaches say, keep your nose clean, study film constantly, and be accountable for your pathetic body of work this season. No excuses, no finger pointing, and no more reading press clippings as you suck down Long Island Iced Teas.

GET THE MEMO, we need results or your salary is at risk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ross is awful and total imbecile when it comes to football.
I don't even hear the, "he's a billionaire...he is very smart" crap anymore. It is clear the guy doesn't have clue when it comes to football.

Nothing new here.

Lets see how Dan Campbell does and go from there. We have all season to hate the owner.

I don't even hear the, "he's a billionaire...he is very smart" crap anymore. It is clear the guy doesn't have clue when it comes to football.
its as if the team is just one of his expensive toys.

Nothing new here.

Lets see how Dan Campbell does and go from there. We have all season to hate the owner.

Hell of a time to be bashing Mr.Ross! Ignited by a guy that's a clear Patriots and Kraft lover. He says..hate your owner(after he just gave everyone what they wanted) and everyone falls in line. Fans, are clueless. YOU NEVER LET AN OUTSIDER TALK CRAP ABOUT YOUR HOUSE!!!

Yikes - I didn't realize the writer was a NE guy. If true then **** him.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Hell of a time to be bashing Mr.Ross! Ignited by a guy that's a clear Patriots and Kraft lover. He say..hate your owner(after he just gave everyone what they wanted) and everyone falls in line. Fans, are clueless. YOU NEVER LET AN OUTSIDER TALK CRAP ABOUT YOUR HOUSE!!!
lol - guilty as charged!

Hell of a time to be bashing Mr.Ross! Ignited by a guy that's a clear Patriots and Kraft lover. He say..hate your owner(after he just gave everyone what they wanted) and everyone falls in line. Fans, are clueless. YOU NEVER LET AN OUTSIDER TALK CRAP ABOUT YOUR HOUSE!!!

Can you counter a single thing he wrote?

Volin is one of the better writers we had here. Don't be mad just because he said meanie things about the Phins, who really don't warrant anything nice to be said.

He can be an absentee owner . . . as long as he has a guy in place to run the franchise. Whether or not Mike Tannenbaum is that guy is another debate.

I agree on the firing in pieces argument . . . but this time it was appropriate. Should of outed them last year, but I'm glad somebody had the sense to do it while there is a salvageable part of the season left (again up for debate but technically we can still save this season)

Firing Philbin and Coyle were necessary, period. It's a shame the players can see it but the owner cannot.

Can you counter a single thing he wrote?

Volin is one of the better writers we had here. Don't be mad just because he said meanie things about the Phins, who really don't warrant anything nice to be said.

That's not the point. You don't let a stranger come into your house and take a dump on your carpet...PERIOD! No freak'in pride! We allow anyone to talk crap about our team...anyone!

He can be an absentee owner . . . as long as he has a guy in place to run the franchise. Whether or not Mike Tannenbaum is that guy is another debate.

I agree on the firing in pieces argument . . . but this time it was appropriate. Should of outed them last year, but I'm glad somebody had the sense to do it while there is a salvageable part of the season left (again up for debate but technically we can still save this season)

Firing Philbin and Coyle were necessary, period. It's a shame the players can see it but the owner cannot.

True. It's a good first step in that guy's are no longer getting the whole year anymore to piss away the season just so we can get some top pick that May, or May Not pan out. A high pick isn't going to make the difference on a team like this. More games with at least better coaching than the status quo will.

Back
Top Bottom