Volin: Besides being absentee owner, Ross keeps making two other major flaws | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volin: Besides being absentee owner, Ross keeps making two other major flaws

They blame owners for being intrusive or too intrusive, and then blame them for being non-inturusive... He does a good job in supporting the franchise with whatever is needed. He can't do much more than that. That's what expected out of him, and he is doing it.

He believed in Joe, and tryed to support him as long as he could. There are a lot of guys out there saying that teams should be more patient with their coaches. He wants continuity, and that's fine by me. Joe just wasn't the right coach for this team.

That's not the point. You don't let a stranger come into your house and take a dump on your carpet...PERIOD! No freak'in pride! We allow anyone to talk crap about our team...anyone!

He's not a stranger. He covered the Phins for years. His insight into the team is one of the best, even today. Again, can you counter a single thing he said?

He's not a stranger. He covered the Phins for years. His insight into the team is one of the best, even today. Again, can you counter a single thing he said?

He doesn't work as a South Florida beat writer anymore. He works in Boston primarily responsible for slopping up Brady and Blechick and Kraft and the Patriots. What part of that is unclear to you?

I don't care what his point is/was he's not allowed to throw his garbage in my yard! Local beat writer...fine! Someone else..hell no! Especially from a division writer...

1. He needs to stop hiring and firing his football staff piece by piece. In late 2011, he fired coach Sparano but kept general manager Jeff Ireland. In 2014, he fired Ireland but kept Philbin. Now he’s firing Philbin and keeping the front office intact — for now. It has caused a lot of friction inside the football department, and it would behoove Ross to allow first-year football czar Mike Tannenbaum to clean house after this year and hire a coach and scouting/executive staff that are in lockstep with each other.

Not directed at you OP, but NO ****ING **** SHERLOCK!!!!! How this is not apparent to Ross, yet it's been apparent to anyone paying attention for the last couple of years is mind boggling. How somebody can be this successful yet so blind is astounding...The worst part is in my gut I fully expect him to screw it up yet again, once the season is over.

2. Ross has to stop empowering the players. It seems after every loss we hear of unnamed players complaining about the coaches and the schemes and how the coaching staff is holding the players back. Firing Philbin and Coyle was clearly a move to appease the players as much it was the fans.

This was a firing that should've happened 2 years ago, or a hiring that never should've happened. However, it IS unfortunate that it was done in a manner that makes it appear as a move to appease the players. It almost broadcasts the message to the players that all they have to do is stick their thumbs up their asses and cry like little schoolgirls and they will get their way - hopefully Campbell smacks some reality into these guys if nothing else.

He doesn't work as a South Florida beat writer anymore. He works in Boston primarily responsible for slopping up Brady and Blechick and Kraft and the Patriots. What part of that is unclear to you?

I don't care what his point is/was he's not allowed to throw his garbage in my yard! Local beat writer...fine! Someone else..hell no! Especially from a division writer...

So, you clearly haven't read anything he's written in a while. He's spot on, per usual. Stick to getting your news from www.miamidolphins.com . Nothing but jolly good news about the team all day, every day.

Regarding the last part, you'd honestly take what Omar says over Volin? :lol: :bobdole:

Im I the only one who thinks Ross isn't that bad of an owner? sure he's bafooned a couple coaching chases, hires, and fires... but he's very emotional about this team, wants to build a dynasty. money is not an issue. and upgrades the stadium out of his own pocket without support... believe me, it could be worse

Im I the only one who thinks Ross isn't that bad of an owner? sure he's bafooned a couple coaching chases, hires, and fires... but he's very emotional about this team, wants to build a dynasty. money is not an issue. and upgrades the stadium out of his own pocket without support... believe me, it could be worse

Ross' biggest problem is he has "zero" ability being a hands on owner. Volin's biggest complaint is one that would harm the team even more. If Mike Tannenbaum was not here, I'd wager money that Philbin and Coyle would still be on this team.

Again, whether Tannenbaum is the guy or not is up for debate . . . . but it's clear Steve Ross needs a guy with Mike's authority to run the daily operations of the team. Ross is not Jerry Jones.

But yea, I can appreciate Ross opening up the checkbook for the team and the the stadium . . . but this is a toy for him. He wants the spotlight, that is his focus . . . team operations he doesn't need to be near.

Have a Tim Tebow day for the Dolphins opponent in the home stadium of Tim Tebow's college rival.

Tries to hire a coach with one still in place.

Extends lame coaches after mediocre results instead of firing them.

Asks the league for less 1pm home starts in SEP/OCT taking away Miami's homefield advantage. You don't see Kraft asking for less home games in DEC/JAN

More obsessed with Miami hosting a SB than actually playing in one.

Gives away HOME division games to London to try and impress Goodell for a SB.

Cares more about Michigan than Miami.

If Goodell still handed out SBs to Miami before the upgrades, Ross would have never had it renovated.

Stephen Ross is a JOKE!

Have a Tim Tebow day for the Dolphins opponent in the home stadium of Tim Tebow's college rival.

Tries to hire a coach with one still in place.

Extends lame coaches instead of firing them.

Asks the league for less 1pm home starts in SEP/OCT taking away Miami's homefield advantage. You don't see Kraft asking for less home games in DEC/JAN

More obsessed with Miami hosting a SB than actually playing in one.

Gives away HOME division games to London to try and impress Goodell for a SB.

Cares more about Michigan than Miami.

If Goodell still handed out SBs to Miami before the upgrades, Ross would have never had it renovated.

Stephen Ross is a JOKE!

So on point it's ****ing sad

He buffooned every coaching hire and his last GM. He is upgrading to get reimbursed for events its not like he loves the fans so much he upgrades it

What I don't get about wanting to clean house is... we've done it before.. like a billion times and it has failed as well, so why is that a special way of doing things? People seem to forget we're like the Browns or Raiders when it comes to HC jobs.. No one really wants to coach here.

And the fact that anyone would want Tannebum choosing a GM and Coach is crazy talk... We're screwed until either he's gone or unless Campbell gets the job done, leaving Tannebum no chance at choosing a HC.

What I don't get about wanting to clean house is... we've done it before.. like a billion times and it has failed as well, so why is that a special way of doing things? People seem to forget we're like the Browns or Raiders when it comes to HC jobs.. No one really wants to coach here.

And the fact that anyone would want Tannebum choosing a GM and Coach is crazy talk... We're screwed until either he's gone or unless Campbell gets the job done, leaving Tannebum no chance at choosing a HC.

We havent cleaned house since Ross took over team

We cleaned house every 2-3 years for almost 2 decades.. What makes you think this time will be different? Especially with a joke of an owner with an even bigger joke of a football czar in Tannebum?

Hickey and Campbell are about the only good things we have on the staff and we should fire them and hire who an ex jets failure wants? Ermm ok..

Back
Top Bottom