Volin: Besides being absentee owner, Ross keeps making two other major flaws | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volin: Besides being absentee owner, Ross keeps making two other major flaws

The whole premise about Ross being an absentee owner is beyond idi0tic...

the article says he is an absentee owner because he didn't fire Philbin in person.

PLEASE

The owner does not have to be around, the GM is the guy who NEEDS to be around and have a PLAN.

Going after the big splash EVERY Off season is NOT the way to build a winning team.

The problem with the Dolphins is only going to get fixed if they get lucky with a draft and bring in a player that is an immediate difference maker on either side of the ball.

They are in a tough spot. They need to excite the public to sell tickets and they never have enough patience to see things through

Jimmy Johnson wasnt a dud. Our new owner is now 0-2 in choosing coaches 0-1 in picking gms
I also dont remember any of his teams going six straight years without a winning record.
He would never have kept a coach that went three straight years without winning.
He may have held on to Wanny longer than we wanted but he did it after a 10-6 with a coach that had a winning record every year up to that point

Jimmy was the epitome of a dud... Guy was a champion for the Canes. A trendsetter. He came to the Dolphins and fell on his face. Had the top offense in pro football and had a mediocre record.

Jimmy is royalty to me, but the truth is he wasn't a good coach for the Dolphins.

Jimmy was a good coach for the Dolphins. Marino just couldn't play anymore and he got stuck with him.

Jimmy was the epitome of a dud... Guy was a champion for the Canes. A trendsetter. He came to the Dolphins and fell on his face. Had the top offense in pro football and had a mediocre record.

Jimmy is royalty to me, but the truth is he wasn't a good coach for the Dolphins.

Jimmy Johnson was better than anything trotted on since Ross took over 6 years ago.
Never had a losing record as a Phin coach and had winning record every season but 1.
Was in playoffs last 3 seasons as coach. I wish we could hire another coach this bad.

What?

He bungled the transition from Marino. A huge error, but outside of that, he was far from a dud. Easily the best coach we've had since Shula and 100% responsible for building the defense that Wanny squandered.

Jimmy was a good coach for the Dolphins. Marino just couldn't play anymore and he got stuck with him.
Congratulations! You just had the stupidest statement I have ever seen on this site!

Ill take that meddling clown in Texas that has built a state of the art stadium and won three superbowls as an owner

Posirive change does not take place overnight.

Alot of Jerruh's success w/ the cowgirls is because of others. I know several Dallas fans who feel they are starting to rerurn to where they were when Jerruh's ego kicked in. Imagine the dynasty had Jimmy not got canned?

His poor decisions/ego has greatly affected the phins.. think about that. Look at the Chaos Jerruh created when he bough the team.

Contemplate that Ross has more $ and less ego than Jerry.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-no-playoffs-but-cowboys-most-popular-tv-show

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ry-jones-wants-guys-like-hardy-out-of-the-nfl

***The trick for the phins (regardless of Owner, HC, QB yada yada yada) will be to break the 2 things haunting them for roughly 2 decades. 1) Cronyism & blind loyalty 2) Being too timid/predictable.

Back
Top Bottom