Vontae davis is better than Revis | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae davis is better than Revis

Is Marshallfin a real Dolphins fan? If so that is embarrassing to show how big of a homer you can be. Vontae Davis was BAD last season, him and Smith were one of the worst starting CB tandems in the league. Vontae Davis rookie season compares with Dwight Lowery's rookie season.

Darrelle Revis rookie season was WAY better than Vontae Davis, and Revis had less of a pass rush than the Dolphins had last year. I mean his OLB for his rookie season were Victor Hobson and Bryan Thomas, our starting NT was Dewayne Robertson. Not a team built for the 3-4. Yet Revis only gave up 2 TD that year to Braylon Edwards and Terrell Owens, both he had tight coverage.

I'll tell you now, the chances are that Vontae Davis will never have a season close to what Revis did last year.

Every board has that poster who has no clue what they're talking about no matter the subject. That's ours.

im as big of a dolphin fan as anyone, and i sometimes am bias, but even i cant say that davis is as good as revis. i mean dont get me wrong, vontae showed flashes last season of how good he can be and i expect him to be real good, but to say right now after 1 year hes as good as revis, thats comical.

revis had one of the best seasons ever for a cornerback, and although that does not automatically make him an all time great, hes still a very very good player, that any gm in the league would love to have on there team and give a lot for.

i guarentee that if the jets called us up right now[ although that would never happen bc we r in the same divison and hate eachothers guts] and said will trade you revis for davis and this is with assuming revis was gonna play, the dolphins would say yes so fast.

for this homer to say that davis is better now then revis, does not make you a bigger dolphin fan than the rest of us.

us fin fans are happy to have davis on our team and see a very bright future for him, but to put him in the same category as revis is just comical.

maybe this year he will be better bc revis may not play, but when both are playing its not really close as of now. one day hopefully it will be, but right now no.

revis is great in coverage, vontae needs to get better. but everything else vontae is a straight beast, compared to revis. revis cant compete with vontae's run d and tackle ability imo. i also think these 2 will be the starting cb's for the afc in the probowl in years to come

I'd rather have a corner with great coverage than better run D. Besides, what makes you think Revis can't compete with Davis' run D and Tackling? Revis is one of the best tackling corners out there. I can only remember ONE missed tackle by Revis in three years, and that too was a juke move. Im sure there would be more, but if you can only think of one in 48 games, that's pretty impressive. Besides, Revis plays man to man. That hardly leaves any room for tackling RBs.

I've seen Davis play and my honest opinion is that he isn't nearly as good as Revis. Very often, he creates a gap between him and the receiver, leaving him vulnerable in his coverage skills. He was a rookie last year, so he should get better as he moves forward, but Revis has been solid since day one. He was very impressive in his rookie season as well. People look at tackles and ints and make their conclusions. Pass Defensed gives you a good idea of ones coverage skills since it actually shows corners pass breaking abilities. Revis has excelled in that since day one. You still have to look at the tapes in any case.

GIFSoup

all i have to say is vontae made roddy white look dumb. he is probably, next to charles woodson, the best in the league in run defense at
the cornerback position. he is a physical specimen at corner and will be a shut down corner soon. To all those people who didn't watch the dolphins vs falcons game, vontae davis is the real deal.

Corners are expected to cover well, and play the run last. Revis is probably better than Vontae or Smith, but both have the potential to surpass him as long as he keeps this hold out with the NFL.

More than the vontae/revis thing, i dont like comparing him to his brother. never do that again please.

lol unbelieveble how the tides have turned after these first 2 games. Davis best corner in the nfl brett favre? Is that so? i always knew it brett, im a football guru!

lol unbelieveble how the tides have turned after these first 2 games. Davis best corner in the nfl brett favre? Is that so? i always knew it brett, im a football guru!

Come on, at least quote it correctly rather than edit the quote to make you sound less rediculous.

He said he was the best corner you've never heard of.

revis needs help from safetys. hes still good though. wat a coincidence that his hammy started hurting when moss torched him.

lol he was embarassed. Did u see that catch moss made on him for a td? i would have limped off also lmao.

lol he was embarassed. Did u see that catch moss made on him for a td? i would have limped off also lmao.
ya moss made him his *****. i mean wat a coward. he gets beat and has to limp off the field. its funny how when he was making plays vs moss he was jumping around and was all fine but all the sudden he gets hurt when moss makes him look silly.

well we got our own stud on our team so who cares about revis. our d is better then the jets. yes i said it. i dont care. jets d is way overhyped.

aside from revis and harris , knowone else on that d is really impressive.

Give up your argument already. Revis is better than Davis, get over it. Take of the Aqua glasses and get real. Is Vontae Davis a great player? Yeah, you better believe it, but he's not on Revis' level YET. I do think he can reach it, but he certainly isn't there at this point.

ya moss made him his *****. i mean wat a coward. he gets beat and has to limp off the field. its funny how when he was making plays vs moss he was jumping around and was all fine but all the sudden he gets hurt when moss makes him look silly.

well we got our own stud on our team so who cares about revis. our d is better then the jets. yes i said it. i dont care. jets d is way overhyped.

aside from revis and harris , knowone else on that d is really impressive.

cromartie has played pretty good. Jason taylor will make 1 good play a game. Revis is overrated.

Back
Top Bottom