Vontae Davis taunts Phibin's firing !! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis taunts Phibin's firing !!

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
Indianapolis Colts cornerback Vontae Davis posted a picture of Philbin and him on his Instagram after the firing with the caption “How Ironic ! lol”

Perhaps, his ill-will has something to do with his departure from Miami in 2012. Early in Philbins tenure, the Dolphins gave up on Davis’ talent due to personality issues on the field and shipped him to the Colts for a second round draft pick.

Davis has been productive for the Colts every year since culminating in 2014 where he notched 45 tackles, 4 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles in 15 games. He also made his first pro-bowl appearance.

http://imgur.com/X8OLXsR

Of all the things you could accuse Philbin of,I think poor talent evaluation and getting rid of all the good players in Miami have to be tops.

Is that really how Vontae captioned the picture? "How Ironic ! "

How does that old saying go? "You can remain silent and let everyone think you are an idiot, or you can open your mouth and prove it"

That said I hated the Vontae trade and will gladly ghost write his Philbin bashing for him!

Getting rid of Karlos Dansby was another B.S. move. I think just having those two on our team would have made a difference on the defense.

Maybe he should have just taunted Ireland? Or just worry about his own team.

Maybe he should have just taunted Ireland? Or just worry about his own team.
Davis is telling you that the deciison was Philbins not Irelands regarding his departure. Davis would have been taunting Irelands departure if it were the case. So there you go folks Philbins got his guys and they eneded up running him out of town.

Yea Dansby was another Philbin mistake along with entire offensive line where Philbin was lost in his ivory tower while the locker room was in shambles

Davis is telling you that the deciison was Philbins not Irelands regarding his departure. Davis would have been taunting Irelands departure if it were the case. So there you go folks Philbins got his guys and they eneded up running him out of town.

Yea Dansby was another Philbin mistake along with entire offensive line where Philbin was lost in his ivory tower while the locker room was in shambles

Im going to go out on a limb and say Ireland was a big part of the decision but whatever he is and has been gone.

Ireland traded Vontae and only informed Philbin he was planning to do so.

Im going to go out on a limb and say Ireland was a big part of the decision but whatever he is and has been gone.

Usually a GM who drafts a player rarely trades him if he is playing well which Davis was. I know its a matter of opinion but I beleive Davis is telling us whom in his opnion made that decision. Davis was on the inside and you and I are on the outside. Anyway I am big on a home grown roster I believe it is a sign of a sucessful program. In our case while we have alot of our own drafted players on our roster we are again in a rebuild mode which means more churning and with Tannbaum and Aponte at the helm its probably spells disaster mode for the next 4-5 years for our phins.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Davis knows not you or I.

Usually a GM who drafts a player rarely trades him if he is playing well which Davis was. I know its a matter of opinion but I beleive Davis is telling us whom in his opnion made that decision. Davis was on the inside and you and I are on the outside. Anyway I am big on a home grown roster I believe it is a sign of a sucessful program. In our case while we have alot of our own drafted players on our roster we are again in a rebuild mode which means more churning and with Tannbaum and Aponte at the helm its probably spells disaster mode for the next 4-5 years for our phins.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Life of a Dolphin fan brother that's why I am doing this :brewskis:

nah. It went down different. We all saw it on HK. Ireland rang up Philbin and told him drunken Irsay called and offered a 5th round pick for VD. Philbin said "what do you think"? And Ireland said "I'm considering it". If philbin didn't want Ireland to trade him he would have said so. GMs don't make these decisions in a vacuum.

agree with all of this. He was a 1st round pick of Ireland's and led the team in takeaways over the 3 years he was here. You don't trade a guy who's playing well and about to enter his prime. He wasn't a philbin guy. Probably because he was a hard hitting tackler for a corner. Philbin likes his defenders to arm tackle.

Back
Top Bottom