Vontae Davis taunts Phibin's firing !! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis taunts Phibin's firing !!

glengarryglenross1992-1.jpg

the players are weak Joe? You're weak!!

He should ask his grandma to define the word ironic for him. Cause he clearly doesn't know.

He should ask his grandma to define the word ironic for him. Cause he clearly doesn't know.

"Irony" is when perception & reality turn out to be the exact opposite.

In 2012, perception was that Joe Philbin was a rising NFL talent, and the Miami Dolphins should get rid of Vontae Davis because he wasn't that good.

Reality turned out to be the exact opposite.

Therefore, Vontae's use of the term "ironic" could be seen as appropriate.

I dunno why people are trying to pile on Vontae for an incorrect use of irony. It IS ironic that the man who removed him from the team has now been removed from the team.

Ireland traded Vontae and only informed Philbin he was planning to do so.

You are the typical american that believes everything the media says,.

I bet you think tim donaghy was a single rogue referee and the nba is inmaculate.

Perhaps.

Vonte turned out to be pretty good.....

But when his immiediate reaction was to cry for his mommy pretty much showed where he was at the time.
He developed into a pretty good player, and good for him, but at the state he was in at the time....Well...
That's what he was.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

I dunno why people are trying to pile on Vontae for an incorrect use of irony. It IS ironic that the man who removed him from the team has now been removed from the team.

And it's the way of things, unless you are pretty much legendary at what you do.

Thread summary :
Vontae isn't an all mighty powerhouse Dolphin anymore so **** him!

You guys make me laugh. Dummy idiot stupid and so on and so forth. Really now?

I posted earlier on grown talent and rewarding them. Where would we be with Davis and Smith today? We also traded for Marshall in 2015. Where would we be with him? We could drafted Dez in 2010. Where would we be? Point to a player that you do not like and I say it is personnel decision makers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a little common sense here. Ireland got a call from Indy and they made an offer. Ireland has a powow with Philbin and Philbin agrees to make it happen. Joe didn't get those phone calls but he was in charge of roster so yes, Davis is right in the sense that he gave the blessing.

Rotten trade getting a 2nd rd pick for vontae. Even worse trade getting 2 3's for Marshall. Anybody recall who we drafted with these picks??

I seem to recall that Davis and Sean Smith underperformed while they were with the Fins and a lot of folks weren't unhappy to see them go.

Perhaps the trade itself gave Davis the "kick in the pants" he needed to grow up and perform better....because he has done that in Indy, which I'm happy for him that he turned it around.

I could care less if it was Ireland or Philbin or both who did this. Old news and water under the bridge at this point.

No love for Philbin from me, but Vontae Davis is one of the most overrated players in the league. It wasnt bad getting a second for him, just made very poor use of the pick once we got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom