Vontae Davis Visiting Today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis Visiting Today

What kind of attitude problems? I've always heard he had maturity issues, but not necessarily attitude problems.

He never had one. He would show up hungover and stuff, but he never fought with coaches or teammates. He got a bad rap because everyone saw his reaction to getting traded on Hard Knocks, and proceeded to make fun of him mercilessly. It was the only time I was ever ashamed to be a member of this site.

this reads like miamis just monitoring the situation likely due to health same thing other teams likely doing bringing him in for visits

doubt anything materializes out of it any time soon

He never had one. He would show up hungover and stuff, but he never fought with coaches or teammates. He got a bad rap because everyone saw his reaction to getting traded on Hard Knocks, and proceeded to make fun of him mercilessly. It was the only time I was ever ashamed to be a member of this site.

I hated Hard Knocks. Too many people I knew personally watched that and got it in their head that Philbin was some sort of great coach from it because he made Vontae Davis cry and "talked tough".

"Cedar (I go by that in real life you know), you've got yourself a great coach, that Joe Philbin, he's a man's man, he's a great football coach, he's going to lead the Dolphins places, Joe Philbin!"

"Didja watch Hard Knocks last night, Cedar? Joe Philbin really showed me that he has what it takes, he's going to be a real good coach for the Dolphins, they're going to go places."

"Joe Philbin!"

To which I'd give them the look one gives when they stare at the washing machine for too long. The "are you ****ing serious?" look. I'd shake my head and walk away. I always thought that old Mummy Philbin was an idiot, I never understood the hype...Mike McCoy was the guy I was hoping for that year...so it shows what I know about hiring football coaches...but my point is, Hard Knocks is terrible.

Davis with his head in the game is an elite CB. If the price is right I wouldn’t be opposed to signing him.

No freakin way! Not at this point in his career. McCain has been progressing nicely IMO.
I dont see it. he has really good games, then he has game he cant do anything right. he has always been that way

This reminds me of Brent Grimes. An older vet who could still contribute.
Bring him in and make him earn a spot.

Not sure how much Vontae has left. He has had injury problems and isn't close to what he was a couple years ago. Like others have suggested wonder if he could play some free safety. He was always a solid tackler and I am sure he still has decent cover skills. Veteran depth at CB and FS would be nice. He may still see himself as a #1 CB and might be looking at more than the Dolphins are willing to pay. Guess we will see.

Back
Top Bottom