Vontae Davis Visiting Today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae Davis Visiting Today

Dolphins are going to be in a base nickel defense most of the time this year. Davis would be an elite deep safety or dime CB in a lot of the situations a defense faces in today's NFL. Or, he could win the #1 CB spot outright.

In a division with the Patriots, you can never have enough solid CBs. Roll the dice if he comes at a decent price tag.

You might find that having spent the past 6 years in chilly Indianapolis, Vontae (and his surgically repaired groin) might like to return to tropical warmth of Miami Beach. I don't know much about him, but the old regime of Ireland and Philbin who turfed him out are no longer in town. If he's healthy, I'd welcome him back.
Who knows, maybe he got advice from his Grandma to return to the Dolphins.

This ship has sailed. He was a really good player for us - 9 INTs and a pick 6 in 3 seasons. Great in run Support. We traded him at the wrong time. And now we are entertaining him at the wrong time. Hated the trade as of course he went all pro bowl w the Colts (he was on the cusp of pro bowl w us) but now he’s too old and broken. Pass. And **** your Philbin and Ireland for that horrible trade.

So does Tunsil. So did Dion Jordan. And Parker does too.

Miami likes to draft guys with dead eyes. The ones that just exude hard work.
Wait, you're telling me this guy looks high:

split-laremy-0429.jpg

naaaah

Let's draft guys to want ro play the damn game no matter what. We hit with Landry, and missed on a few. Throw size out the window wirh injured guys, take passionate football players who aren't the scum of the earth ...unless they fall to us on draft day

Jk

Wow we can do both of our trademark moves on the same player, let him go after drafting him only to see him succeed somewhere else, AND bring him in after he’s already fallen off expecting him to return to his former glory days. Nice.

Most fitting thing ever for this franchise would be to sign him again.

Drafted in the 1st round, then traded for a 2nd to the colts, makes 2 pro bowls for them, and now at 30 let's bring him back so he can be old and we can overpay him.

I like getting Davis, but not for a ridiculous amount considering we have far bigger issues to fix like LB, O-Guard, TE, or consistent Pass-rusher.

The problem is, we have a VP that is power hungry (Thinks/knows he is the real GM, and not his puppet), and because he is very competitive when he wants someone, overspending or creating of a horrible contract is always one negotiation away from happening.

Back
Top Bottom