Vontae | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like we know why he's running with the 2nd team, first episode of Hard Knocks show's he has been kinda lazy the first week.

Coach Philbin doesn't seem like the type of coach that is going to tolerate that at all. He is pushing hard out of the gate.

Davis better pick it up or bye bye -- (traded for a 3rd or a WR ) ?
they said over and over that football is there PROFESSION, they need too act like it --

Davis better pick it up or bye bye -- (traded for a 3rd or a WR ) ?
they said over and over that football is there PROFESSION, they need too act like it --

you would easily get a 2nd for davis and you don't trade a CB with his abilities.

But SMH Vontae. He has all the tools. Just not the drive. Maybe the 2nd string will do him good.
Didnt vontae get into it with bmarsh during training camp last year? I think he had an episode last year or the year before , where he got reprimanded for staying out late and showing up hung over in training camp. Maybe it was the same issue with marshall.

Vontae seems to be dealing with similar issues that his brother dealt with early in his career; more worried about looking good than being in game shape. It took a no nonsense guy in Mike Singletary (the only good thing he really did as 9ers coach) to whip Vontae's brother into shape. Ever since that wakeup call Vernon has been an outstanding leader for the 9ers.

Hopefully Philbin has that effect on Vontae

Sorry guy's I don't have HBO, so i can't see for myself about Vontae and his low drive. Maybe the fans should start tweeting Vontae and get on his case about what you all saw. Light a damn fire under his a**!!!

Let's be honest, we all know Vontae is kinda "slow". I mean that in no disrespect but its an obvious observation that I've noticed. Im not knocking his intellect, just his overall demeanor. I seriously would trade him and cut ties because I unfortunately detect that "special" gene in him...sorry but it's true.

I'd invest in Sean Smith asap! Vontae will never be his brother.

Hard Knocks might be the best thing to happen to Vontae. It puts him in the national spotlight and hopefully he sees this and decides he wants to work hard and be the best. The coaching staff is dissapointed in him, but I didn't get the sense they are giving up on him. They are really pushing him to be the best he can be.

judging by twitter, Vontae has been getting flak from fans, but he seems to be getting the point he needs to work harder

Back
Top Bottom