Vontae | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae

:lol: Jeez, that's one hell of a high horse you've got there. Who the hell cares what someone said LAST YEAR about Vontae?! You seem to care more about being right and other's being wrong, than what the Miami Dolphins are doing as of late. We all agree Vontae needs to step up, but to call out fans because of their opinions of him last year is just plain ridiculous. Criticizing the team is one thing, calling out the fans just for the sake of "I'm right, you're wrong" and saying "I told you so"...another story. :idk:

So, it is OK for others to call me out for my opinion last year...but not OK for me to reciprocate when I'm shown to be right....nice double-standards there! Think about it. I got scathed for my opinion of Vontae last year....try on my shoes.

I'm sure you're incorrect more often than not, as are most people when giving an opinion on a player one way or the other, and you're just casually forgetting those.

That's great from someone who hasn't even been here for a season to have anything he says proven right or wrong...but you sure like to attack others without any track record...

I just watched Hard Knocks and was pleased to see the DB coach tell Vontae the way it is. He has so much potential but doesn't give it his all. If he did, there is no reason to think he wouldn't be a top defensive player in the league.

For those chiming in about his 4 interceptions you fail to realize that what he doesn't do outweighs that.

So, it is OK for others to call me out for my opinion last year...but not OK for me to reciprocate when I'm shown to be right....nice double-standards there! Think about it. I got scathed for my opinion of Vontae last year....try on my shoes.

You're really gonna sit here and complain about what someone said about your opinion of Vontae a YEAR ago?!? Wow, talk about spilled milk. Jeez. If everyone did that, we'd be here all day and all year looking back at who was right and who was wrong about each other's opinions of the team or a certain player/coach.

Through all that though, Vontae STILL had a pretty decent season last year with 4 interceptions...only 3 off the league leaders. And while has looked a bit bad in training camp, to call out others because you don't buy that he's not a "top corner" as argued by some last year is unnecessary and just plain scandalous in my books.

That's great from someone who hasn't even been here for a season to have anything he says proven right or wrong...but you sure like to attack others without any track record...

Who attacks others? I have an open dialogue with people. Hooshoops and I have gone head to head more often then not, yet there is mutual respect there. Why is that? I'll let you think about it, Mr. Professional.

I'd wait for a little more assurance that your opinion was correct before declaring victory. Let's say we wait until... oh I dont know... until the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON to say that Vontae is a bust. The guy has been our #1 CB since being drafted, and it's not because he didn't deserve it. Will the other two push him out of his spot? Maybe. Maybe not. Up to Vontae to fight back.

Best part is - If he does, then we all win!

Looks like we know why he's running with the 2nd team, first episode of Hard Knocks show's he has been kinda lazy the first week.

Vontae seems to be a lot more flash than substance. He is always tweeting about his Lamborghini and this and that....doesn't sound like he works too hard in the gym or does much to improve himself. His brother seems to work a little harder in San Fran. Everyone's different, but if Vontae thinks he has arrived and can just kick back, he may find himself without a job soon.

You know, when I get into arguments with people that tell me "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about"....and then later I am shown to be right and they are wrong...yeah, I'm going to stir things up. Deal with it...

Because in the grand scheme of things being right about what we post on a fan message board is so important.

I forget what one of the coaches said to hm during practice. It was like "you've gotten by with what you've been doing in the past but it ain't going to work anymore. If anything this is a testament to there's a new sheriff in town (Coach Philbin). Maybe we do have the coach we've been looking for.

Because in the grand scheme of things being right about what we post on a fan message board is so important.

Yes, I have noticed that from many on this board. I am not one of them. If I open my mouth, I try to actually know what the hell I'm talking about...unlike many (not referencing you...) on this site. I will also admit when I'm wrong...unlike most also.

Guy did lose his brother recently! Hoped he would have used that as inspiration!

Does anyone still want to have the argument from last year that Vontae is "top corner"? Didn't think so...

We get it, you're unhappy and you try to make sure everyone else is too. You can stop posting your drivel now...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...all-from-grandmother-after-hard-knocks-080812

Davis receives call from grandmother

Davie, Fla. (AP)

Miami's Vontae Davis got a late-night phone call from his grandmother.
Adeline Davis had watched the premiere episode of ''Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Miami Dolphins.''
''`Get in shape, baby. It's going to be a long season,''' Davis said she told him. ''I said, `I know. I'm working every day.'''
Miami's first-round pick in 2009, Davis didn't come across too well in the early episode. He told a teammate during practice he was tired; defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo told him he needed to play harder; and coach Joe Philbin asked him if he was done leaving practice for bathroom breaks.

Back
Top Bottom