Vontae | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae

Does anyone still want to have the argument from last year that Vontae is "top corner"? Didn't think so...

Vontea is a prime example of what happens when you take a player that was tagged as questioanable work ethic and character in college and make him a millionaire!

Yeah, looks like he has already been paid $8M for his 1st 3 seasons. Only has $2M left for next 2 years on original deal.

We have him on the cheap for the next two years. But will he perform for what is essentially a 200% pay cut from the 1st three seasons?

I think Davis is practicing well, but he's just gassed. He needs to stop winging it and learn the boy scouts motto. Like Coach Lou was saying, he's just been relying on raw talent since he's been in the league.

Boy, you just love stirring things up don't you? :rolleyes2:

You know, when I get into arguments with people that tell me "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about"....and then later I am shown to be right and they are wrong...yeah, I'm going to stir things up. Deal with it...

You know, when I get into arguments with people that tell me "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about"....and then later I am shown to be right and they are wrong...yeah, I'm going to stir things up. Deal with it...

I'm sure you're incorrect more often than not, as are most people when giving an opinion on a player one way or the other, and you're just casually forgetting those.

:lol: Jeez, that's one hell of a high horse you've got there. Who the hell cares what someone said LAST YEAR about Vontae?! You seem to care more about being right and other's being wrong, than what the Miami Dolphins are doing as of late. We all agree Vontae needs to step up, but to call out fans because of their opinions of him last year is just plain ridiculous. Criticizing the team is one thing, calling out the fans just for the sake of "I'm right, you're wrong" and saying "I told you so"...another story. :idk:

What I remember is Vontae being horrible and hurt during that first week of the reg season where New England tore our D a new anus. At first, I was like "he's our best corner, get off his case". But after thinking about it and remembering the early part of last season, what's happening now is a god-send. #21 has got to be mid-season ready on week one or we're gonna lose games. He is obviously our most talented defensive back, but that only shows if he's at peak form, and if his manhood gets challenged right now and gets him ready for week 1, then Miami's coaching staff will look like Magi. (no typo).

Yeah, when I saw what was going on with Vontae, that explained why he has been running mostly with the 2's.

He kept hinting that he was out of shape....and then Philbin complained about him using the restroom too much...I assume probably because he is hydrated and out of shape, so he's drinking a lot of water and causing him to use the restroom too much.

He must've got comfortable being around the Sparano regime and got use to always being handed the #1 CB spot. But all that's changed now. Hopefully he catches on.

Yeah, when I saw what was going on with Vontae, that explained why he has been running mostly with the 2's.

He kept hinting that he was out of shape....and then Philbin complained about him using the restroom too much...I assume probably because he is hydrated and out of shape, so he's drinking a lot of water and causing him to use the restroom too much.

He must've got comfortable being around the Sparano regime and got use to always being handed the #1 CB spot. But all that's changed now. Hopefully he catches on.

He has yet take a rep with the 2s.

Him and Marshall are splitting reps with the 1s.

I don't give two S#!t$ about Vontae. Play the guys that are working hard.
I swear some of these dudes should give money back for showing up out of shape.

He also has been practicing his ass off lately. This was week 1 HBO show, were now in week 2.

Philbin even said he's been practicing better and is making plays.

In Vontae's defense the D got a lot better last year after he came back from injury. I believe he missed 4 or 5 games during our 0 and 7 start.

What pissed me off on Hard Knocks was him saying he was "acting" and his inability to keep up even though training camp is much easier than it has been in the past. No 2 a days.
He should have come in ready to play and he did not. Never heard of a player missing time to go take a pee.

Back
Top Bottom