W.b.c. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

Canada is kicking the hell out of the U.S. right now...

I flipped it on out of curiosity and said "holy ****!".

I'm not big on the whole thing because of when it is held (a lot of these guys are not in shape yet) and the pitching rules (I afgree with them BTW...I don't even want Huston Street to throw one damn pitch....LOL).

Ray Finkle said:
6 to 6 in the 10th. Cuba was up 2 in the 9th and gave up 2 runs on a bloop single and HBP.

Cuba prevailed 8-6.

unifiedtheory said:
Canada is kicking the hell out of the U.S. right now...

I flipped it on out of curiosity and said "holy ****!".

I'm not big on the whole thing because of when it is held (a lot of these guys are not in shape yet) and the pitching rules (I afgree with them BTW...I don't even want Huston Street to throw one damn pitch....LOL).

Not so soon my Canuck friend North of the Border....it is 8-6 now in the 8th and a Canadian guy just got thrown out at the plate. Barry "Big Ego" Bonds now says he might want to pay for Team USA if they make the 2nd Round...do us all a big favor Barry and just stay away. :tantrum:

Roman529 said:
Look for several Cuban players to defect after the game today. My favorite Cuban is Tony Montana...."Say Hello to My Little Friend." :lol:

What position does he play ?

middle of the 9th
US 6
Canada 8

good game!!!!

WOW!!

This WBC is going to be more interesting than I thought.

Rocky Raccoon said:
how many losses to be eliminated?

EDIT: Street warming up in the pen UT :chuckle:

They take the top 2 teams from each pool depending on wins and losses. So right now in the Canada/US/Mexico/S.Africa pool Canada is already moving on. IF the US beats South Africa they'll move on too.

Actually I think even if Mexico beats Canada and if the US loses to South Africa the U.S. would make it to the next round automatically because eventhough they're tied with Mexicon with wins and losses the US beat them head to head.

I can't understand why the Rocket did not pitch today against Canada....South Africa should be a gimme, so they should have gone with Clemens today. I believe you have to win two games to advance so USA should be ok.

Roman529 said:
I can't understand why the Rocket did not pitch today against Canada....South Africa should be a gimme, so they should have gone with Clemens today. I believe you have to win two games to advance so USA should be ok.

I thought it was the two best teams from each pool. Either way the U.S. is pretty much a lock for the 2nd round.

Ray Finkle said:
I thought it was the two best teams from each pool. Either way the U.S. is pretty much a lock for the 2nd round.

I don't know the tie-breakers but I think it is possible that if USA beats S. Africa and Mexico beats Canada that the US still would not get in. Freddie Garcia 3 1/3 pitched and 7 strikeouts for Venezula yesterday is a pretty impressive stat-line.

Back
Top Bottom