W.b.c. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

djfresh47 said:
I don't know the tie-breakers but I think it is possible that if USA beats S. Africa and Mexico beats Canada that the US still would not get in. Freddie Garcia 3 1/3 pitched and 7 strikeouts for Venezula yesterday is a pretty impressive stat-line.

You are absolutely right. I'm not completely sure on the tiebreakers myself, but I do know that if Mexico beats Canada today by a certain run differential then the U.S. is eliminated no matter what they do tonight against South Africa.

FaninPatsyLand said:
You are absolutely right. I'm not completely sure on the tiebreakers myself, but I do know that if Mexico beats Canada today by a certain run differential then the U.S. is eliminated no matter what they do tonight against South Africa.

I think if 2 teams have the same win/loss record at the end of pool play then they play a game against each other with the winner moving on and loser going home. I could be wrong though.

Ray Finkle said:
I think if 2 teams have the same win/loss record at the end of pool play then they play a game against each other with the winner moving on and loser going home. I could be wrong though.

Nah man, I read it on ESPN's bottom line while I was watching the Big East Tournament. If Mexico beats Canada by a certain run differential tonight then the U.S. is eliminated.

How? I have no idea about the logic behind it...

FaninPatsyLand said:
Nah man, I read it on ESPN's bottom line while I was watching the Big East Tournament. If Mexico beats Canada by a certain run differential tonight then the U.S. is eliminated.

How? I have no idea about the logic behind it...

Ok thanks for clearing that up. The whole WBC doesn't make sense but hey it's Bud's baby. :lol:

If Mexico wins 2-0 or 2-1 or 1-0 then the USA is out. The tiebreaker is runs allowed versus teams that you are tied with

wpgfishfan said:
If Mexico wins 2-0 or 2-1 or 1-0 then the USA is out. The tiebreaker is runs allowed versus teams that you are tied with

This would be a huge disappointment for team USA.

Back
Top Bottom