W.b.c. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

W.b.c.

just an update, in case you missed it... in our loss to Korea...

MVP A-Rod's line: 0 for 5, 2 strikeouts, 6 men left on base...

PressCoverage said:

Those stats are horrible!!! :boohoo: The American team now has a lot of pressure on them... They are in a must win situation or go home being embarrass. :fire:

The U.S. team could be eliminated from the World Baseball Classic if Japan loses to South Korea tonight.

Under the complicated tiebreaker system, the U.S. would be out if Japan wins in a nine-inning game and scores seven or fewer runs.

South Korea can earn a berth in the semifinals by beating Japan. If that happens, the United States would also make it by beating Mexico on Thursday. :fire:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060315/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbi_classic;_ylt=Av40RQ2cui6G7LxC4QuHBcas0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

PressCoverage said:
they don't deserve to advance... i'll say it again...

No they don't. You have to laugh at the lack of energy in the U.S. dugout compared to the other teams in the WBC. It's like all the players are going through the motions and just doing it because Bud begged them.

You can tell that all the foreign teams are really playing to win and this really means something to them. Hey I think it all along that would happen. Plus the foreign fans are really into it. It was great watching the DR and Venzeula play and watching the fans and all the passion in the dugouts.

PressCoverage said:

Sounds like a must win game.. :lol:

Hes worried too much about his image
Is it me or is he the dullest super star athlete that has ever existed

I mean his interviews are ridiculous

Rixon said:

Arod reminds me of "that kid" in school that wanted to be liked by everyone but just ended up always annoying people to no end and getting crapped on as a result.

I actually feel bad for Arod. He's a great talent but no matter what he does he can never be the "good guy" in the eyes of fans, even fans of his team.

Ray Finkle said:
Arod reminds me of "that kid" in school that wanted to be liked by everyone but just ended up always annoying people to no end and getting crapped on as a result.

I actually feel bad for Arod. He's a great talent but no matter what he does he can never be the "good guy" in the eyes of fans, even fans of his team.

Everybody brings up the contract that A-Rod signd and then he goes to a team that alot of fans don't like because they outspend everybody. Some guys just can't handle the pressure and as great as A-Rod is untill he comes through in the clutch everybody is going to label him a choke artist. If Damon misses anytime I can't wait to hear George go off and talk about how his noodle-armed CF got hurt because of the WBC. For what it is worth, Griffey I think has been outstanding.

djfresh47 said:
If Damon misses anytime I can't wait to hear George go off and talk about how his noodle-armed CF got hurt because of the WBC. For what it is worth, Griffey I think has been outstanding.

That's the excuse George is going to use however that's might not the case. Rumors have been all over the NY papers and radio that Damon had been secretly going to doctors all winter about his shoulder. It's believed that his shoulder problem is still from last July/August when he dove back to 2nd base in Fenway and hurt it.

CUBA LIBRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough win against a tough PR team at home.

this is what baseball is all about man

Ray Finkle said:

When your #1 at anything people will always hate you. When AROD was in Seattle and Texas he was sorta hidden and sheltered from this. I think going to NY threw him into a shock. This being his 3rd year in NY now.....he will get even more used to it.

And I laugh at people who knock the guy every chance they get, cause if he was traded to THEIR favorite team (whatever team that is) tomorrow, you would be throwing parades in the streets and be all over him. The guy IS the best all around player in the game today. His numbers and production speak for themselves. You wanna say he isn't clutch and all of that nonsense......hey whatever. I'll take him on my team anyday of the week. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool or just blind to the facts!

Rixon said:

If he was T.O. or Moss in his interviews you would call him a "cancer". He is well spoken and doesn't rock the boat and now he's boring.

No matter what he does he will get knocked. Either way he can't win. Pete Samparas was dull and boring, AND one of the if not the greatest tennis player of all time. It's all about the numbers.

Korea????

Does anyone know who makes up the Korean team?? Is North Korea, or South Korea?, or a mixture of both?? Any info will be appreciated :wink:

Back
Top Bottom