Waddle for Mcduffie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle for Mcduffie

For those that don't have a Herald subsciption here is the jest of the article

On Tuesday, former Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum offered an interesting idea about how the Dolphins could perhaps help their team and avoid that potential financial conundrum.

In a segment on “Get Up” in which he offered purely hypothetical trades, Tannenbaum suggested that the Dolphins deal Waddle for Chiefs first team All-Pro cornerback Trent McDuffie.

In McDuffie, the Dolphins would be getting one of the league’s best young cornerbacks to pair with Jalen Ramsey, a player who is still cheap the next two seasons (at $1.5 million and $2.6 million) and isn’t eligible for unrestricted free agency until 2027.

The Dolphins have an early May deadline to exercise Waddle’s $15 million fifth-year option for 2025, then likely would need to commit big long-term money to him at some point in the next year. Tannenbaum did not cite the Dolphins’ significant future salary cap challenges in pitching the trade.

Waddle should be dealt. He has not been the same since the Bills playoff L.

Barry Jackson stooped this low. Bad move

Snead right now is an all pro in his prime

Waddle is not

Chiefs would want more compensation, not something this idiot thought about

Chiefs wouldn’t do this trade imo. Mcduffie is a top 4 cb making less than $3 million a year. Like you said, they won back to back without a top wr.
Top 4 CB? I assume you are referring to PFF’s CB grades. I would take those with a grain of salt; he had the 4th highest score based on PFF’s metrics of what his responsibility was on each play. Snead definitely had the harder assignments all year, but McDuffie is an excellent #2 CB. I agree that the Chiefs would never make this trade though. When Snead walks in FA they are going to need McDuffie to step up as their #1CB.

Was this the same segment where clown ass Tannenbaum suggested a Jerry Jeudy/Zach Wilson swap? He seems to love these random Madden trade ideas. I don’t know why Barry even bothered to give him any attention.

Just the other day he suggested that the Jets trade for Russell Wilson as insurance to Rodgers. Yes, trade for. Two old QBs on two huge deals.

Tannenbaum is an idiot. Wouldn’t piss on him if he was burning right in front of me.

Top 4 CB? I assume you are referring to PFF’s CB grades. I would take those with a grain of salt; he had the 4th highest score based on PFF’s metrics of what his responsibility was on each play. Snead definitely had the harder assignments all year, but McDuffie is an excellent #2 CB. I agree that the Chiefs would never make this trade though. When Snead walks in FA they are going to need McDuffie to step up as their #1CB.
I was going off the pff grade but you can’t deny he’s among the best cbs in the game today.

Barry Jackson stooped this low. Bad move

Snead right now is an all pro in his prime

Waddle is not

Chiefs would want more compensation, not something this idiot thought about

Based upon what?

The kid is only 25 and has 3385 yards and 18 TD’s through 3 seasons. While playing 2nd fiddle to the best playmaker in the league the past 2 seasons.

The one season he was the #1 WR, he set a rookie record for receptions and managed to eclipse 1K yards in a offense lacking other playmakers and unable to sling it deep. Anytime Tyreek Hill has missed time, he’s been able to step up and fill the void.

His numbers were down last season, but he also missed 3 games and was dinged up for a good portion of the season. His 2022 season was damned good and more of an indicator of his capabilities when relatively healthy and while playing in this offense.

He’s arguably the best #2 in the league, or at the very least among the top couple. And, again, shown to be capable of being #1 when Tyreek isn’t playing.

Further, I’m not as sold on Snead/McDuffie as others. They are surrounded by a lot of help and benefit from Chris Jones and the pressure Spagnuolo’s defense gets on opposing QB’s. I recall JC jackson once being hailed as lockdown talent while playing in the Cheatriots system, too. We know how that perception was exposed.

Last edited:
I'd get rid of Hill before Waddle actually. That's just because I'm more of a draft. Develop and keep your own guys type of coach. He's going to be cheaper than Hill even when we have to pay him. He can be similar to Hill production granted we find another receiver or two to complement. Not sure he could do it by himself like Hill can though

Back
Top Bottom