Waddle for Mcduffie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle for Mcduffie

Tannenbaum 🤦
I’m sure the Chiefs would be all over this.
Mahomes already proved he can throw to junk WR and win a SB.

Yes. Correct. Mahommes proved he can do it all by himself. Right. Uh huh.

Don’t hate it but chief’s probably don’t do it. I am very hesitant to pay Waddle #1 money though.

Slow news day but I thought I’d share for those who haven’t seen this.
Barry, my UM brother is the best writer on the Herald. He is also not exactly a CG fan. IMO, Tannenbaum didn’t deserve to be retained, though no way would Ross fire Grier. Even knowing it was Tannenbaum who put this possible trade forward, I doubt KC would go for it, without asking for a 2nd round pick. Value for value, the Chiefs have the better hand. IMO.

Based upon what?

The kid is only 25 and has 3385 yards and 18 TD’s through 3 seasons. While playing 2nd fiddle to the best playmaker in the league the past 2 seasons.

The one season he was the #1 WR, he set a rookie record for receptions and managed to eclipse 1K yards in a offense lacking other playmakers and unable to sling it deep. Anytime Tyreek Hill has missed time, he’s been able to step up and fill the void.

His numbers were down last season, but he also missed 3 games and was dinged up for a good portion of the season. His 2022 season was damned good and more of an indicator of his capabilities when relatively healthy and while playing in this offense.

He’s arguably the best #2 in the league, or at the very least among the top couple. And, again, shown to be capable of being #1 when Tyreek isn’t playing.

Further, I’m not as sold on Snead as others. He’s surrounded by a lot of help and benefits from Chris Jones and the pressure Spagnuolo’s defense gets on opposing QB’s. I recall JC jackson once being hailed as lockdown talent while playing in the Cheatriots system, too. We know how that perception was exposed.

Also In a year where he was not 100% more games then not, on a team that had a receiver getting the chunk amounts of the receptions on a mission to eclipse the 2000 yard mark, still managed to get 1000+ yards on 70+ receptions in his own right.

Keeping Tyreek on the team will eventually be very tough, Waddle will soon enough be the #1 receiver again, no need to get rid of Waddle on a team that may already have plenty of good enough CB to cover up for X possible exit.

I was going off the pff grade but you can’t deny he’s among the best cbs in the game today.
He is an excellent #2 CB. It is hard to say more than that since Snead is an All-Pro drawing the #1 assignments each week. He has only been in the league 2 years, so it will definitely be a test when he replaces Snead. To be clear, I would love to see him in Miami, but I assume he has a bright future in KC.

Yes let's get rid of a young WR who has surpassed 1000 yds 3 times already even being receiver #2 when we have nothing behind him!

How NOT to build a franchise.

No thanks. We finally have a great 1-2 combo at WR so let's blow it up and go back to throwing the likes of Preston Williams out there. Look at the Eagles before Brown and D. Smith were there, they were absolute thrash on offense.

Waddle decoys for Tyreek a lot, our offense would suffer a ton if we did this move.

I'm sure it's been said already but no way KC would make that deal.....they didn’t want to pay Hill so why would they want to pay Waddle?....they have a great young CB on a cheap deal and you have a lot of good/great WR's coming out in the draft every year.....they can draft a young WR and still keep their top young CB.

Yeah it'd be a great deal for the Dolphins but not for KC

Don’t hate it but chief’s probably don’t do it. I am very hesitant to pay Waddle #1 money though.
agree, Like Wilks, can't break the bank with him but with additional receivers and a friendly contract keep him. I am so worried about those ankles, he always looks hurt. There has to be something wrong medically there

Hmmm
If Mike T was so clever how come he is an analyst (emphasis on anal) rather than an NFL team employee?
Throwing out hypothetical trades that are laughable is about his level.

Zero interest in trading Waddle. 2023 proved that we have two WRs on the roster worth their spots. And what is the purpose of getting rid of one of them? Wilson, Claypool, and Berrios are FAs. So we’re supposed to turn over our entire WR corps in the same offseason?

I’d rather take 2024 to learn whether or not Cam Smith can be a player like McDuffie while playing opposite Ramsey. I don’t think that is in the realm of the impossible.

Back
Top Bottom