Waddle was the right pick for us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle was the right pick for us

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Just on principal.

I was pining for Micah Parsons the other night cuz he looks great.
But, with this Preston Williams situation continuing to suck, quite frankly, WR was the position group we needed to add major firepower to.
I feel like, with the pieces we already had, that Waddle was the right guy to draft. He can help right now in slot/flex and has the talent to take over as the alpha dog in 2022.
I know both Chase and Devonta Smith have TDs today and maybe Waddle wont. Maybe.
But, I just think Waddle has the biggest longterm upside.

All depends on the bar our idiotic fan base sets for a player.

To be honest at this point any of our WRs actually show up on GameDay without an injury is a win.

Smith is already at his ceiling and he's not that big.
He's good, though, and it Could wind up that he's the best...
But, my gut says no..

I still would’ve loved Devante Smith, and he’s balling out week 1 for the Eagles. Hopefully Waddle can have a similar impact.
I'm a fan of DeVante....but Atlanta isn't the barometer for balling out. He looks good though. I think Waddle will prove to be the right pick.

Tua to Parker/Waddle = Marino to Duper/Clayton?

Maybe not, but an unlikely possibility is there if only Parker wasn't as old.

This is just a random thought...do not take seriously.

Waddle did a good job today. As small of a thing as it might seem that play he made squeezing into the end zone when there was hardly even a window to do so may have been the difference in a one point game. While its likely we still score a TD without that play, its not a given, and that's a play that only guys with tremendous athleticism can make.

Back
Top Bottom