Wade Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith

What I saw was the middle of the line getting blown up. There was one play I remember where they tried to run Ricky behind the right side and Ruddy and Perry got blown back three yards right into him. If we don't clean that stuff up over the next two weeks, Ricky's going to have a tough time getting 1,000...let alone the 2,000 that everyone but the Bills fans know he has in him.

Originally posted by UltimateDol-fan
With the game blacked out I cant really know whats happening, but can someone tell me hows wade smith doing.;)

Wade Smith had problems tonight. In pass protection he can hold his own for a rookie.

However, he is a glaring weakness in the running game. His lack of power is very evident and the team will suffer if Dixon does not come back full force and stay healthy.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
I must have missed those plays. The times I watched him he looked really good. He has looked as good as Dixon who is highly over rated playing the tackle. Dixon gave up two sacks vs tampa.
The upside with Smith is he is worth the time it will take to get him up to speed. Give him some time, he will be fine to start the season with. Who knows if he continues to play well, maybe Dixon can go back and play guard.....until he gets hurt again.

He looks as good as Dixon... :confused:

Watch the game again.

Everybody keeps forgetting how good Dixon is. Now he's not an all pro but he makes all of the run blocks and almost all of his pass blocks and he always lays it on the line. Yes, at left tackle he is sometimes exposed and gets beat on a speed rush but it happens quite a bit less than with Todd Wade who many think is our best lineman. Look at it this way, at least we can run to the left when he's in there cause Wade Smith gets stood up way too much for my tastes.

The entire line was pretty sorry run blocking against the 3-4... pass blocking seemed reasonably solid.

Todd Wade did seem to have a worse night than Wade Smith.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Everybody keeps forgetting how good Dixon is. Now he's not an all pro but he makes all of the run blocks and almost all of his pass blocks and he always lays it on the line. Yes, at left tackle he is sometimes exposed and gets beat on a speed rush but it happens quite a bit less than with Todd Wade who many think is our best lineman. Look at it this way, at least we can run to the left when he's in there cause Wade Smith gets stood up way too much for my tastes.

You are right...
For some reason fans just don't understand how much Dixon brings to the table.
Look at it this way, he's one of the only lineman..... may be the only lineman for Miami that Warren Sapp has ever said anything good about. For the biggest trash talker in the game to have given him props should be enough proof that the guy plays tough.
We need him healthy.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

You are right...
For some reason fans just don't understand how much Dixon brings to the table.
Look at it this way, he's one of the only lineman..... may be the only lineman for Miami that Warren Sapp has ever said anything good about. For the biggest trash talker in the game to have given him props should be enough proof that the guy plays tough.
We need him healthy.

I agree....Mark Dixon is Miami best offensive lineman and he needs to remain healthy.

Warren Sapp also speaks very highly of Tim Ruddy.

Anyway I know the sacks we're talkin about and I have to review the tape, it looked like Smith may not have been at fault on those. But he did get beat a few times, one was just mentioned #51 beat him but Griese stepped up. He got beat once or twice against the Jags too, just didn't get called on it cuz they didn't result in sacks. Overall he looked like he did well tonight I think.

I'll say this, Ricky tends to make the OL much better so don't fret too much about it yet...cuz last year during preseason Ricky really never looked real good...he just doesn't take it seriously. But then game 1 against Detroit remember he blew up for over 100 yards in just one half and was taken out in favor of Minor after we were up by 100 points or so.

If it wasn't Smith than it was Nails?Howard David and Mad Dog kept pointing out it was coming from left side.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ricky was running, I could of sworn every play was straight up blocking.. No traps or pulls.. I do believe it will be different by the time the season starts.. The playbooks will open up as well as the holes.. ;)

As for Dixon, I love the guy.. We definetely need him on our line.. Whichever position it may be

oh clump, u still pickin on nails ? get over it, he is a dolphin now

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Nails looks big again

So does Sam Adams. Just get over the fact that Nails has revived his career as 'phin. He's worked his tail off and is now a good RG for us.

Back
Top Bottom