Wade Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith

Todd Wade is a guy that frustrates me. He's so damn big....you'd think he'd be strong. But he can't pass protect to save his life. I mean, it's one thing to get beat with speed (as we know he's slow footed). But how many times do we have to see him get bullrushed into the backfield?? I don't know if he just doesn't get good leverage or he's weak up top. But it just annoys me.

We need Dixon back ASAP so Smith can get back to the bench. As Marv Levy always said, "Depth is great....until you have to use it".

Originally posted by Muck
And just how do you know this??

By using the same logic y'all use when judging Sam Adams. Adams earned bonus by reporting to camp under 340, but yet y'all say he's heavier than that. :shakeno:

Also, I've met Jaime Nails...........he weighs more than 335....he's around 350

Did you actually ask him what he weighs are did you play the old "guess my weight" trick like at a carnival.

I'm finding it hard to believe that you met the guy recently (ie since he's reported to camp and been working in preseason games) and the first thing that comes to mind for you to say to him is "Hey Jamie, what do you weigh?"

BTW I don't have a problem with using Smith. Every snap we give him is one more snap toward the future when he gets use to the league and puts everything together. However, Dixon needs to get healthy because Smith is going to suffer in the long haul this season otherwise. This is why we can't start Smith for the season...his strength. His strength is so poor that the rookie 'wall' is a foregone conclusion, and Fiedler can't afford to have his back turned to danger when Wade Smith all the sudden hits the rookie wall against a Richard Seymour or John Abraham. Jason Cole was recently hitting on this point and what he says makes sense.

Originally posted by Muck
Todd Wade is a guy that frustrates me. He's so damn big....you'd think he'd be strong. But he can't pass protect to save his life. I mean, it's one thing to get beat with speed (as we know he's slow footed). But how many times do we have to see him get bullrushed into the backfield?? I don't know if he just doesn't get good leverage or he's weak up top. But it just annoys me.

We need Dixon back ASAP so Smith can get back to the bench. As Marv Levy always said, "Depth is great....until you have to use it".

I agree with you on T. Wade I couldn't believe him. sometimes it seems our OL expects Jay or RW to bail them out all the time. And Wade expects a big contract next year too, don't he. Not playing the way he did tonight me thinks.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I saw him get beat by the Falcons #51. If Griese hadn't stepped up, he would have been sacked. I only saw parts of the 2nd and 3rd qtrs

Would have doesn't count, and the ball was held onto entirely too long by Griese on that play. At least now Griese is throwing the ball before he takes a sack.

Oliver...

Nope.........had to get some sleep before coming to work :D

I woke up just as D. Johnson was throwing to a wide open Peerless Price. Man he smoked the overrated Madison :lol:

that was a pick pattern. notice that the falcons didnt do much before or after that.

By using the same logic y'all use when judging Sam Adams. Adams earned bonus by reporting to camp under 340, but yet y'all say he's heavier than that. :shakeno:

hey clump, have you met jamie while a dolphin? what do you think we are? second graders?

Yall are sayng wade smith is doing great, and maybe so, but alot of the plays last night, if anyone noticed, were going to the opposite side. this is how it was last week. We are binging him along slowly. nothing wrong with that, but he got used a couple of times.

even if Nails was more than 335, Nails proved that he can move and he can pancake and he can go four quarters no problem. You cant say that about sam adams, a guy who you know damn well he will not be in there more than 60% of the time. my point is and always will be that sam adams didnt scare us when we beat the ravens and the raiders, he will not scare us as a Buffalo Bill. and after watching him bury his head in the sand on the sideline in last saturdays game, i would say he is a fat cat. and fat cats get gassed especially in the heat of miami.

I agree with CK that Wade Smith needs the reps right now and I'm somewhat comfortable with him starting a few games, but his lack of strength will get our QB killed if he has to play for long stretches. If Dixon is out for any length of time then we need to go out and get another LT. If Dixon can get through most of the season then I think we should rotate Smith in on occasion to give Dixon a breather and get a little game time experience because the job is probably his next year.

As far as Todd Wade is concerned, I'd like to give him a pass on this game and just write it off as an anomaly but I saw the same thing in the Tampa Bay game. The surprising thing is that he is in a contract year and he should be playing better to get top dollar. I know that the coaches are high on him and Maddog couldn't stop talking about him leading up to camp. If Todd keeps up this kind of play I would like to see what Jerman can do. I'd have to think that the coaches are thinking that if Todd's demands are too high after the year they will let him walk and replace him with Jerman or a lesser priced free agent. I don't think that they will pay BIG money for the RT position.

Back
Top Bottom