NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
YAHOOOOO

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5117698

Sorry roman he wants to play for a winner:rolleyes:

Next piece of the puzzle?

I also found this interesting!

The Mets continue to be active on other fronts as well. They are one of four teams competing for free-agent catcher Ramon Hernandez, who worked previously with Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson in Oakland. They also are showing interest in free-agent Juan Encarnacion, who could be their right fielder in the event that they do not go for the Red Sox's Manny Ramirez.

anyone have an update on the Mets payroll?

Just curious.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Not as much as your Yanks! YET!;)

Im just curious if they have passed Boston yet.

Im sure the Manny trade will put them past Boston though..:lol:

Not sure. I thought I saw someplace if they signed Wagner, Molina or Hernandez and traded for Manny (With Sox's paying some) it would be around 110 to 120 mil. But Again, I'm not sure.

Cmon this is the Mets, these moves just mean that they will finish in 3rd instead of last place in the division.

Payroll is going through the roof, Mike. These moves better work out for the Mets or they're going to be in salary hell. These contracts are going to be unmovable in the case that they want to, and they've traded away their top two pitching prospects in the past few years. Hope it doesn't work because I hate the Mets, but this is going to be feast or famine for them.

finfansince72 said:
Cmon this is the Mets, these moves just mean that they will finish in 3rd instead of last place in the division.

:shakeno: We finished third last year!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
:shakeno: We finished third last year!

Yea but I had you finishing last this year prior to the Wagner/Delgado moves. :D

MikeO said:
Im just curious if they have passed Boston yet.

Im sure the Manny trade will put them past Boston though..:lol:

I'm sure that once the season starts the Mets will have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball. Remember they still want to add a FA catcher and also either Manny or Soriano. Plus I'm sure they would still like to add another bullpen arm maybe a high profiled set up man like Gordon.

RWhitney014 said:
Payroll is going through the roof, Mike. These moves better work out for the Mets or they're going to be in salary hell. These contracts are going to be unmovable in the case that they want to, and they've traded away their top two pitching prospects in the past few years. Hope it doesn't work because I hate the Mets, but this is going to be feast or famine for them.

I agree I'm sure Omar is hoping that the Mets win it within the next 2 years because once Pedro is gone the team will be shot pitching wise unless it can again sign some top notch FAs pitchers. At least they'll still have the core of their line up there with Wright, Reyes and Beltran. But in my opinion the Mets have to make it to the World Series next year or in 2007 or they will be a laughing stock around the league.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree I'm sure Omar is hoping that the Mets win it within the next 2 years because once Pedro is gone the team will be shot pitching wise unless it can again sign some top notch FAs pitchers. At least they'll still have the core of their line up there with Wright, Reyes and Beltran. But in my opinion the Mets have to make it to the World Series next year or in 2007 or they will be a laughing stock around the league.

They're not already the laughing stock of the league? Well I guess the Dodgers are right up there but cmon this team keeps throwing more cash on the fire and the fire just keeps getting higher.

Ohhh man, I think I am gonna be sick. First Delgado and then you have to take away Wagner from us. :cry: :( But it's ok....our new GM has a few tricks up his sleave and we got rid of an old slow Jim Thome at first and brought in Rowand who is a fantastic glove in CF and a decent bat......Phils finish first in the NL East next year, followed by the Braves, and then Mets or Marlins for the crumbs.

Back
Top Bottom