Wagner a Met! Sorry Roman! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wagner a Met! Sorry Roman!

I almost became a NY Muts fan back when I was 9 years old and living in Wildwood, New Jersey...the Muts had Felix Milan at 2nd base, and Tom Seaver on the mound, but then I saw Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski, Larry Bowa, Bob Boone and Steve Carlton play and I have been a Phils' fan for life.
Mets are getting a Yankees payroll, but will this help? Nahhhhh. Mets gotta work on their D, starting pitchers, need a 1st baseman too. :lol: I like Wright at 3rd though...wish we could have gotten him after losing Rolen. Can't wait for baseball, even though I am stuck watching the Rockies here in Colorado. :(

Roman529 said:
I almost became a NY Muts fan back when I was 9 years old and living in Wildwood, New Jersey...the Muts had Felix Milan at 2nd base, and Tom Seaver on the mound, but then I saw Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski, Larry Bowa, Bob Boone and Steve Carlton play and I have been a Phils' fan for life.
Mets are getting a Yankees payroll, but will this help? Nahhhhh. Mets gotta work on their D, starting pitchers, need a 1st baseman too. :lol: I like Wright at 3rd though...wish we could have gotten him after losing Rolen. Can't wait for baseball, even though I am stuck watching the Rockies here in Colorado. :(

Wildwood!!!!!:lol: Been there many a time!

Come home to a winner, pick the Mets in 06!!!:rolleyes:

Just rented a big ford expedition for my trip from Denver to Crested Butte in Feb!;)

Ray Finkle said:
Yes the bullpen sucked much of 2003 however in the playoffs Timlin, Embree and Williamson were UNTOUCHABLE. I have showed you their numbers many times.

Scott Williamson wasn't terrible in the Oakland series, he was wild and walked a lot of guys but was unhittable.

Yup, you are right the bullpen did suck badly for almost all of the regular season. If you go back and read my post, I mentioned that the pen pitched much more effectively in the 11 postseason games prior to Game 7 than they did for any period of the regular season.

Also, if you go back to my post, I admitted that Grady ****** up. I was actually one of those people who hated the decisions he was making prior to the postseason. However, I can't blame the guy for being hesitant to bring in the pen in that situation.

Yes Swilly was unhittable, mainly because he has serious control issues. The guy SUCKED in the Oakland series and if it wasn't for Lowe we would have lost Game 5 of the ALDS.

Again, I probably would have brought in Embree or Timlin considering how well they pitched in the postseason (seriously though, wouldn't you think twice about bringing either of these guys into a spot like that after watching them get laced on a nightly basis for 6 straight months?), but you can bet it would be a cold day in hell before I EVER called for the right arm of Scott Williamson in that situation.

EDIT: Sorry Met fans, you can have back your thread now.

Glavine just had his biggest win of his met career! Wagner said Glavine's wife took his wife around New York and shopping. Wagners wife was very nervous about NY before this.

He also said Madison ave helped, and she helped Madison Ave!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Wildwood!!!!!:lol: Been there many a time!

Come home to a winner, pick the Mets in 06!!!:rolleyes:

Just rented a big ford expedition for my trip from Denver to Crested Butte in Feb!;)

Yep Wildwood, New Jersey....I just moved back to the United States from Europe in the mid-70s, and I loved the boardwalk there. I was eating cotton candy and water taffy like crazy. Man those were great memories. :)

I just don't want to see the Braves win it again, but the Braves lost their pitching coach (Leo Mazzoni) so I think they are done....Smoltz can't do it forever....but they have a lot of good young players. The Phils are not through dealing...I got an e-mail from their new GM and there are several possible deals in the works. Are you renting your Expedition at DIA....it's a long way to Crested Butte from there.

MikeO said:
Money is NO LONGER AN ISSUE for the Mets. The TV Network is paying for all of this.

that's kinda like the Yankees with their own TV network cash flow... huh?

signing these 34-year-olds always seems like a Series clincher in November/December... then come April, the Mets remember they're the Mets

Roman529 said:
Yep Wildwood, New Jersey....I just moved back to the United States from Europe in the mid-70s, and I loved the boardwalk there. I was eating cotton candy and water taffy like crazy. Man those were great memories. :)

I just don't want to see the Braves win it again, but the Braves lost their pitching coach (Leo Mazzoni) so I think they are done....Smoltz can't do it forever....but they have a lot of good young players. The Phils are not through dealing...I got an e-mail from their new GM and there are several possible deals in the works. Are you renting your Expedition at DIA....it's a long way to Crested Butte from there.

yes, a 4 1/2 hour ride!

Lets not start calling the Mets a playoff team just yet. Over recent years all of the big named players the Mets have aquired have sucked. Tom Glavine, Mo Vaughn, Carlos Beltran, Kaz Matsui, Roberto Alomar, Roger Cedeno, Richard Hidalgo... Pedro had a good year last year, surprising healthy all year. The Mets have been underachievers year after year & until they live up to the names they sign they'll only be good on paper.

SMadison29 said:
Lets not start calling the Mets a playoff team just yet. Over recent years all of the big named players the Mets have aquired have sucked. Tom Glavine, Mo Vaughn, Carlos Beltran, Kaz Matsui, Roberto Alomar, Roger Cedeno, Richard Hidalgo... Pedro had a good year last year, surprising healthy all year. The Mets have been underachievers year after year & until they live up to the names they sign they'll only be good on paper.

I agree however considering how FL is out of the picture, Phillies lost Thome and Wagner, and both the Braves and Nationals haven't upgraded their teams yet I think you have to consider the Mets the favorites to win the NL East. And if they add Manny or Soriano they'll have one of the best line ups in baseball in my opinion.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree however considering how FL is out of the picture, Phillies lost Thome and Wagner, and both the Braves and Nationals haven't upgraded their teams yet I think you have to consider the Mets the favorites to win the NL East. And if they add Manny or Soriano they'll have one of the best line ups in baseball in my opinion.

The Mets are paper champions just about every year. Every year they make a splash and put a bunch of big names on the field. And they lose every year. Im not calling them favorites of anything until the season ends and they are division champs. Im not excited about any of these moves because the Mets moves never work out.

Ray Finkle said:

I think the Mets are done acquiring big money free agents. They've dropped out of the Furcal chase. We can't underestimate the Braves next year like everyone, including myself, does year after year. They've got a lot of young talented players that played a huge role last year.

SMadison29 said:
I think the Mets are done acquiring big money free agents. They've dropped out of the Furcal chase. We can't underestimate the Braves next year like everyone, including myself, does year after year. They've got a lot of young talented players that played a huge role last year.

Good point, I am probably overestimating the Mets right now. As for the Braves you're right we shouldn't count them out because they always come through during the season. However I think losing their pitching coach will hurt them a bit. Also remember that Smoltz is another year older, Hampton is gone for the year and they have no bullpen really and no real closer. Again it's still very early and things could change tomorrow if they sign a Trevor Hoffman and a big bat. I'm just tired of the off season already, pitchers and catchers report to spring training on Feb. 18th I believe :)

Back
Top Bottom