Wagner a Met! Sorry Roman! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wagner a Met! Sorry Roman!

Woo-hoo!!!

I'm not exactly thrilled about guaranteeing a 4th year for Wagner, but I guess that's just the cost of doing business (thanks a bunch, JP Ricciardi). Things are looking good in Flushing!

Ray Finkle said:
I agree I'm sure Omar is hoping that the Mets win it within the next 2 years because once Pedro is gone the team will be shot pitching wise unless it can again sign some top notch FAs pitchers. At least they'll still have the core of their line up there with Wright, Reyes and Beltran. But in my opinion the Mets have to make it to the World Series next year or in 2007 or they will be a laughing stock around the league.

Also remember they are starting there own TV network. Bringing in these players sells the station and brings in more money!

dob72 said:
guess the mets fans can't talk sh1t about the yanks payroll anymore

1) nobody should EVER talk crap about the Yanks payroll. If the Yanks don't win it all, who cares how much they spend! :shakeno:

2) This is AMERICA and free enterprise. If you can't afford a team or a competitive payroll, then sell your team and don't be an owner!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Also remember they are starting there own TV network. Bringing in these players sells the station and brings in more money!

Money is NO LONGER AN ISSUE for the Mets. The TV Network is paying for all of this.

MikeO said:
1) nobody should EVER talk crap about the Yanks payroll. If the Yanks don't win it all, who cares how much they spend! :shakeno:
cuz its funny when they have the biggest payroll in sports history and then lose

dob72 said:
cuz its funny when they have the biggest payroll in sports history and then lose

OK, going to the playoffs isn't considered "losing". :shakeno:

Not making the playoffs, ok that is one thing. Winning the division for 8 straight years. Winning 4 world series in that time, isn't losing!

You demand perfection............that will never happen in ANY sport. Making the playoffs every year being in World Series after World Series, or ALCS after ALCS.....heck you are bound to lose some! The fact they are THERE doesn't mean they are "losing". :shakeno:

If they spent $180 mill and failed to make the playoffs or finishing in 3rd in athe AL East, that is losing. They aren't doing that.

MikeO said:
OK, going to the playoffs isn't considered "losing". :shakeno:

Not making the playoffs, ok that is one thing. Winning the division for 8 straight years. Winning 4 world series in that time, isn't losing!

You demand perfection............that will never happen in ANY sport. Making the playoffs every year being in World Series after World Series, or ALCS after ALCS.....heck you are bound to lose some! The fact they are THERE doesn't mean they are "losing". :shakeno:

If they spent $180 mill and failed to make the playoffs or finishing in 3rd in athe AL East, that is losing. They aren't doing that.
yeah i'm sure george is happy with that if u have the highest payroll in sports history there's only one goal and they didn't accomplish it so they lost

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Oh I know why they're doing this, and I don't blame them. Especially considering how weak the NL East is going to be next year. Right now they have to be the favorites to win it.

I can see it now....Mets and Red Sox in the 2006 world series....The 20 year rematch!!.....Buckner throwing out the first pitch in game 7.......:drool:

inFINSible said:
I can see it now....Mets and Red Sox in the 2006 world series....The 20 year rematch!!.....Buckner throwing out the first pitch in game 7.......:drool:

:lol:

Pedro on the mound at Fenway for Game 1. (Assuming of course that the AL wins the All-Star game)

FaninPatsyLand said:
:lol:

Pedro on the mound at Fenway for Game 1. (Assuming of course that the AL wins the All-Star game)

Mets get to World Series when Grady Little leaves in Weaver and refuses to bring in Gagne..

GreenMonster said:
Mets get to World Series when Grady Little leaves in Weaver and refuses to bring in Gagne..

:rofl3:

Poor Grady, the guy ****** up, no doubt about it. I just don't feel like he was completely at fault. Our bullpen sucked badly in 2003. Swilly had electric stuff, but he was downright terrible in the Oakland series, to the point where we needed Lowe to come in and shut the door during Game 5 after he walked the bases loaded. Granted the rest of the pen pitched extremely well throughout the first 11 games of the postseason.

I'm just saying I can understand why he was hesistant to take Pedro out (who was clearly losing it) in favor of the pen.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:rofl3:

Poor Grady, the guy ****** up, no doubt about it. I just don't feel like he was completely at fault. Our bullpen sucked badly in 2003. Swilly had electric stuff, but he was downright terrible in the Oakland series, to the point where we needed Lowe to come in and shut the door during Game 5 after he walked the bases loaded. Granted the rest of the pen pitched extremely well throughout the first 11 games of the postseason.

I'm just saying I can understand why he was hesistant to take Pedro out (who was clearly losing it) in favor of the pen.

I know you and I had major discussions about Grady Little but he was totally at fault in Game 7. Yes the bullpen sucked much of 2003 however in the playoffs Timlin, Embree and Williamson were UNTOUCHABLE. I have showed you their numbers many times. There was no way he should have left Pedro in, Pedro didn't have anything left. It was obvious. If Grady brought in Williamson, Timlin or Embree and they blew the game I wouldn't have killed Little for it. I do kill Little for leaving Pedro in though.

Scott Williamson wasn't terrible in the Oakland series, he was wild and walked a lot of guys but was unhittable. He did however settle down big time in the Yankee series, no reason not to trust him or Timlin in a big spot. Also how could Little leave Pedro in to face Matsui with Embree warm in the pen?

Also before anything says that Little shouldn't have gotten fired for 1 game, it just wasn't one game. Please if you didn't watch the Red Sox at all in 2002 or 2003 you wouldn't be aware of all the bone head moves this guy made. He was great for the clubhouse but when it came to an in game decision the guy was as useful as a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest.

Back
Top Bottom