Wale news from SoCal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wale news from SoCal

I'd take samuels and a 3rd. Or even Gardner and a 1st. They are calling us, they have a rep for over paying, and they need a pass rush desperatly. Samuels is the better choice though. Smith could be great at guard, its easier than T. But this is all B S anyway. Gibbs would never, NEVER, give up a really good T for a really good DE. He values the run way to much.

Let's see what happens when we get the injury report on Smith tomorrow. If he messed up his knee bad enough to keep him out into (or for) the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see those conversations heat up.

And since when is a NFL contract etched in stone? The Dolphins could restructure that contract several different ways -- straight pay cut, taking a portion of this year's salary and either guaranteeing it and converting it to bonus, or giving him an extension and a big signing bonus in exchange for reducing the base salaries the next two or three years. And heck, if Washington wants him bad enough, let the Boy Owner put some cash in the deal.

PhinDude88 said:
Why would we want another OT? It doesnt make any sense to me.

Because out starting LT may have done his knee at practice today.

Also, Samuels would be one of the best people on the OL if we got him. We could move Carey to RG if Wade Smith really only sprained his knee.

If Samuels will restructure and not DESTROY our cap.....Our OL would have an absolutely dominating left side and then you move Smith to the RT position and Carey to RG......Man if you could only see the images dancing in my head of RUN RICKY RUN!!! We could very well have one of if not the best OL's in football, we then need to either cut or trade McIntosh because with that OL he probably wont see much playing time and after this season he will be getting starter money. Heres wishful thinking how about McIntosh and Ogun for Samuels and a 1st. The Deadskins might just be dumb enough to do it!!

footballer said:
trade wale for ramsy , and ramsey only. i live in VA, & know how good that kid is...it would solve all our offensive problems...well, except for the line jelling...

For some reason this sounds good to me. I just wish we hadn't spent that dollar already (i.e. Feeley). :shakeno: Once again, maybe it'll workout. :up:

laddgator13 said:
I'd take samuels and a 3rd. Or even Gardner and a 1st.

That's pretty steep. Remember, Samuels was the #3 overall pick in 2000. And he's pretty much lived up to that pick. An All-Pro caliber player.

footballer said:
trade wale for ramsy , and ramsey only. i live in VA, & know how good that kid is...it would solve all our offensive problems...well, except for the line jelling...

I agree with you, I like Ramsey a lot.

I'd trade Wale for Ramsey and a 3rd in a heartbeat. I'd consider trading them straight up, but I'd still try to squeeze a draft pick out of them.

Samuels sounds good to me if we can fit him on the line and keep Wade Smith at his spot.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
And since when is a NFL contract etched in stone? The Dolphins could restructure that contract several different ways -- straight pay cut, taking a portion of this year's salary and either guaranteeing it and converting it to bonus, or giving him an extension and a big signing bonus in exchange for reducing the base salaries the next two or three years. And heck, if Washington wants him bad enough, let the Boy Owner put some cash in the deal.

The reason trades are not often done in the NFL is because when a player is traded the club trading him has to charge the salary cap for all remaining signing bonus not charged off.

That means the Skins would have to take a current charge of the remaining signing bonus of about $9.832 million and pay one of about $13 million for Ogunleye. I don’t think their cap position can take that charge. As of 4/22/04 they were $1.63 million under the cap. The $10 million and about another $3 for Wale seems like too much cap room to clear to make the trade work.

The signing bonus calculation was just down and dirty. Total cap charges less base salaries. Probably off some but close enough for a quick post.

Len Pasquarelli said:
The cap charges for Samuels are $8.749 million in 2004, $9.642 million for 2005 and $10.3 million for 2006. His 2004 base salary is $5.132 million and he is due a $1 million roster bonus next March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1683968

Base salary for 2005 is $6.025 million and $7.702425 million for 2006.

Samphin said:
Rebar, I know you know this, but Hacksaw is terrible bro. According to that guy, My Dodgers Have Carlos Beltran, Vladimir Guerrero, Greg Maddux, Miguel Tejada and Andy Pettite on their roster. Hey, Kings traded for someone a few days ago didn't they?
Must be tough being a dodger fan in San Fran..

leave it to merman to sqash these damn rumors... thanks big guy ... i agree there is noooooooooo way a deal can be done with samuals included .. if any deal is done look for it to be for a package of draft picks and or a pick/picks and a player with a lesser cap charge ....

yeh i agree that samuels is outta the question. i would take randy thomas and a first for the o-gun. randy thomas is an excellent guard and with him at right guard we will not be so predictable running it to the left side every time. can i just ask any of you if you are as outraged as i am at wanny for saying that he wants carey to 'develop' while andrews is starting straight away in philly. we dont have time for carey to 'develop' and as far as im concerned a rookie carey is still better than the current starter at right tackle (check the depth chart) in john st.clair.

Wade Smith would be worse at RT than he was at LT last season. He is too small to be a RT and it would be a horrible idea to move him from his current spot.

I notice some of the posters asume that its an easy switch from LT to RT.It is not.The RT has to be considerably bulkier than the LT spot where mobility is more important.If another LT is acqired its more likely that Smith would remain as a LT backup or switched to G.

Back
Top Bottom