Wale news from SoCal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wale news from SoCal

forget randy thomas or chris samuels ... the redskins would have to cut several players in-order to trade either one of them to the dolphins ... it is more likely that the skins if they continue to explore a trade for o-gun .. more than likely will trade a package of picks ... my guess is the dolphins will sign o-gun to a long term cap friendly deal .. and if nessasary draft another LT in the 2005 draft .... the 2005 draft is going to be loaded with OT and OG's ... if miami gets lucky i can see gardener or ramsey included in the package, although i feel that will be highly unlikely ... so with all this being said .. i look for the skins to get really desperate and make an offer of a large package of picks in the 2005 and/or 2006 draft for o-gun ....

Miami will have to sign then trade o-gun no matter the deal made. Washington will need to redo a contract as well. What it comes down to is how bad the skins (or any other team wants o-gun) and what they are willing to give up to get him. If the fins want chris samuals I am sure the skins will rework his contract to a deal that the fins have already worked out with them and the same could be said for o-gun. Draft picks are nice but a young proven player is a much better option at this point. I dont care who you draft or in what round you draft them it is always a crap shoot as to what type of nfl player you are going to have. Of the 32 players taken in the first round every year how many of them become all-pros, pro bowlers or even elite players. I look at the players that came in the lower rounds and see a bunch of impact players, pro-bowlers and elite players. Just look at the phins roster. Thomas was a mid round pick, s mad, surt, o-gun(un drafted) taylor, chambers, knight and the list goes on and on. The first round is way overrated and the players taken there are way over paid as rookies. Take the proven player, fit him under the cap and get any mid round picks you can.

CrunchTime said:
I notice some of the posters asume that its an easy switch from LT to RT.It is not.The RT has to be considerably bulkier than the LT spot where mobility is more important.If another LT is acqired its more likely that Smith would remain as a LT backup or switched to G.

I don't think Smith would be a good guard either. I think he is best suited for the LT position and I think he will stay where he is.

Because out starting LT may have done his knee at practice today.

Also, Samuels would be one of the best people on the OL if we got him. We could move Carey to RG if Wade Smith really only sprained his knee.

Finally, someone who sees it my way. Keep in mind that most draft analysts had Wade Smith pegged as a guard/tackle candidate coming out of the draft. Basically you see how Jeno James is now? Thats what Wade Smith could be in a few years if you stick him at guard. Jeno James was a lot like Wade Smith coming out.

I think Carey needs to be kept at tackle, learning the tackle position, instead of being tanked into guard. He can be a dominant force at RT and I don't think a lot of people recognize that...eventually he could be one of the best but he needs time at the position.

Ogun needs to hammer out a contract before any trade is official, and likewise with anyone we get. We would probably redo a deal with a guy like Samuels, to keep him long term, but it would have to be much less then what Ogun gets, or it defeats the purpose of getting him, and not keeping Ogun. O-line is not a NEED anymore for us, but more like an upgrade.

Haven't read this entire thread yet, but I'd just like to comment on Samuels.

He has really underachieved these past two seasons. What has caused his play to slip is up for debate, but he has clearly not played like the top notch LT that he was supposed to be the past two years.

During that time he has played through several nagging injuries and has had to battle Steve Spurrier's system which will both have a negative impact on even the best players. :D But I do think there is enough there to make you take a long hard look at him before just surrendering Wale for him straight up.

calmlikeabomb said:
Haven't read this entire thread yet, but I'd just like to comment on Samuels.

He has really underachieved these past two seasons. What has caused his play to slip is up for debate, but he has clearly not played like the top notch LT that he was supposed to be the past two years.

During that time he has played through several nagging injuries and has had to battle Steve Spurrier's system which will both have a negative impact on even the best players. :D But I do think there is enough there to make you take a long hard look at him before just surrendering Wale for him straight up.

I have a friend who is a big time 'Skins fan, and according to him Samuels has not played like a #3 pick and certainly not like a pro-bowler over the last two years. Granted, there may be some reasons for his recent play, and a change of scenery may greatly benefit Samuels, but I'm not sold that his addition would immediately give us a "dominant" left-side O-line. Given the premium on left-tackles in the NFL, why would Washington even consider trading him if he was that good?

get what ever we can for him cause with drew rosendick as his agent, he is gonna try and stick us anyway

Back
Top Bottom