Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Tannehill has looked solid. Wallace just coming into his first preseason game. It takes some more game time reps. Doesn't help that Wallace is a one trick pony unfortunately and that he can't catch quick passes thrown directly at him. Let the offense progress and let Wallace catch passes in space and it's all good. The rest of the receivers look solid though so I'll take it. And Tannehill has thrown smart passes this preseason. Happy with this spread offense in the early stages. Let's hope it continues to progress and people can shut their ****ing faces.

Wallace is becoming a more upscale version of Teddy Ginn. He needs to sit at the feet of Brandon Gibson and learn how to fight for the ball and then head north South.

Oh and anyone who wants to cut or trade Gibson, the best 2012 3rd and touch down completion percentage for receivers who played outside for those Rams, GYFS !

Check the stats on his longball percentage and get back to me. Then apologize.

Yea Chubbs!! Let's base everything off of Tannehill's longball only, because that's the only thing that matters because in Madden it works all the time. SMFH. Chubbs has a legit point. Wallace needs to sack the **** up and make a damn football play instead of being a nutless pansy and then I'll be totally fine with his $60M unfounded salary.

Wallace had great success prior to joining the Phins. Which makes the OP wrong. Eventually RT needs to **** or get off the pot.

As for Manning using him....no give him a qb who can throw deep..and his value will return.

Wallace had great success prior to joining the Phins. Which makes the OP wrong. Eventually RT needs to **** or get off the pot.

As for Manning using him....no give him a qb who can throw deep..and his value will return.

He's been kicking ass all preseason and TC.
He has been ****ting.

So RT can make Matthews, Landry and Gibson look like all pros but he holds Wallace back? Some of you aren't making any sense.

Mike Wallace is deadly, if he's paired with a QB that can consistently hit a super-fast WR in stride, on the deep go route.

Ben Roethlisberger can do that.

Ryan Tannehill cannot.

I wonder why Pittsburgh didn't want to retain such a deadly WR.

I hear a lot about these deep balls to other WRs and yet I never see them.

Show me the passes that Tannehill hits that travel 40+ yards downfield. Those are the ones he is trying to connect with Wallace on. Tannehill apologists want 20+ yard throws to count as deep balls.

So RT can make Matthews, Landry and Gibson look like all pros but he holds Wallace back? Some of you aren't making any sense.

Different types of receivers.

Tannehill is good at throwing direct laser beams. He is not so good at hitting a super-fast WR in stride, on a deep go route. That requires a different bit of touch & timing.

Therefore, Tannehill is a good match with Matthews, Landry, Gibson, Hartline since they have good hands on the intermediate routes.

But Tannehill is not a good match with Mike Wallace, who is a super-fast WR that excels at the deep go route.

Pair Mike Wallace with Ben Roethlisberger, and Mike Wallace is deadly.

Pair Mike Wallace with Tannehill, and he's not nearly as effective.

Mike Wallace is a one hit wonder and has alligator arms. Plus he is week and easily thrown of his route. His stats with Big Ben in 2012 and RT in 2013 are pretty much the same. THE YPC are 13 for both 2012 and 2013. If Wallace doesn't beat you deep he is pretty much a chickin sh**...

Different types of receivers.

Tannehill is good at throwing direct laser beams. He is not so good at hitting a super-fast WR in stride, on a deep go route. That requires a different bit of touch & timing.

Therefore, Tannehill is a good match with Matthews, Landry, Gibson, Hartline since they have good hands on the intermediate routes.

But Tannehill is not a good match with Mike Wallace, who is a super-fast WR that excels at the deep go route.

Pair Mike Wallace with Ben Roethlisberger, and Mike Wallace is deadly.

Pair Mike Wallace with Tannehill, and he's not nearly as effective.

Totally agree with you. But that doesn't make RT a bad QB like many are saying. It means Wallace isn't a fit for him or this offense.

He just started really practicing again last week. I'm just much less worried about this than our lack of an O-line and very substandard run game.

Back
Top Bottom