Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Why can't you guys see it. No heart+no football IQ+Body Catcher. He is the problem not Tannehill. Why is it RT has no issues with longball with other receivers ? Sick of hearing the blame on Tannehill...

He reminds me of Tony Martin.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

They are. Wallace is a 1-trick-pony...it is a neat trick...but I would trade him for an all-pro RG right now...

Especially with our depth at WR. Wallace adds nothing to our passing game. Maybe Oakland needs a speed receiver?

Seattle?

I think people are over reacting to his first quarter of preseason. Miami has plans to use Wallace in a lot of ways this year and won't show it until the real action starts.

I think people are over reacting to his first quarter of preseason. Miami has plans to use Wallace in a lot of ways this year and won't show it until the real action starts.

Good comment, but Wallace represents a valuable commodity in trade value. Our back up receivers are just as productive as he could be in this offense.
If we can trade him for a quality starting RG, I would unload his salary and make that trade in a second.

Not sure I agree with this. I don't think Wallace is being used right. Let him run a deep route across the field and let him run with room in front of him. Do something different with the deep ball instead of just running a streak or screen with him.

Only on finheaven do you see a thread about a player after watching his first snaps of the preseason.

Much of this discussion is based on last year as well. Obviously the team will not trade him.
But I can see some logic in doing so if the right player becomes available that can shore up our weak oline situation.
We are stacked with WR's. He is the highest paid. It is a good discussion to make. We would not miss Wallace one bit IMHO.

Only on finheaven do you see a thread about a player after watching his first snaps of the preseason.
Actually I have been saying this since mid last year... been saying it, posting it, tweeting it, screaming it, yelling it etc... so no.... this 1st quarter is just a continuation of the the same **** we saw last year....

In fairness, he's coming off a hammy, and on that deep pass, the pass was dead on, but he got slowed by the defender.

That short pass bouncing off him was pathetic though...JUGS machine, pfft.

Not sure I agree with this. I don't think Wallace is being used right. Let him run a deep route across the field and let him run with room in front of him. Do something different with the deep ball instead of just running a streak or screen with him.
I do agree there. last year he was not used correctly. you have to put him in the right situations for him to succeed. He wont make the extra effort to get a ball.. Normally drops the ball if it doesnt his his body and gives up on the play if he has the slightest thought that the play is not successful. (and this is totally my assumption i beleive his football IQ is poor. I dont think he is smart enough to make that mental connection with the QB to make adjustments on the fly depending on defense)

For Wallace to succeed we need to hit him in mid slants and posts... we all knew this but apparently Sherman thought he was smarter then us... i have faith in Lazor. i truly do..

But back to my point... the deep ball issues are on Wallace..
CHubbs

Actually I have been saying this since mid last year... been saying it, posting it, tweeting it, screaming it, yelling it etc... so no.... this 1st quarter is just a continuation of the the same **** we saw last year....

Wallace was a great player in Pittsburgh's system. Rapesberger had the ability to buy time to allow him to get deep on longer routes and rifle it to him.
With our system and players it isn't happening here. He isn't a screen guy, over the middle, or sideline guy.
He is a home run hitter being asked to bunt.

Wallace is the bigger problem because he hardly ever catches 50/50 balls. Most deep passing plays in the league are completed by the WR catching a 50/50 ball.

He was terrible tonight dropped an easy screen pass designed to get him the ball quickly with blockers in front of him. And tannehill threw a pretty deep ball away from the defender, Wallace did a piss poor job adjusting to the ball and didn't go all out for it. Same thing we saw last year

Watching wallace and his lack of heart or non commitment to making every play is getting old. I haven't seen him dive for a catch at all.
I wouldn't be mad at all if he was traded for someone who can actually play there position like a pro. He defiantly will not be a HOF type player.
Would be cool to get a couple of draft picks. I like to see him succeed, it just seems he gets in his own way. If he's on this team he has to make plays.
If not then there is now use for him.

Back
Top Bottom