Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Well Wallace looked great at Training Camp the other day. I wouldn't be too quick to toss him in the garbage.
Catching the deep pass is what many are yearning to see, but Mike can do a lot more than just that.

Keep dreaming guys, nobody is going to take his ridiculous contract. If he were a complete WR maybe, but even then it would take a desperate team. We're stuck with Wallace and all his shortcomings.

Oh so you mean they were adapting to a changing NFL where speedsters are a dying breed and big bodied wide receivers that actually fight for the ball are a commodity? Good on them. It's a shame our FO wasn't ready to adapt yet.

You point out that they were emphasizing an offense with quick short throws so Ben wasn't taking a beating but honestly expect (especially after tonight) to be able to keep Tannehill upright for deep throws to develop?

What I'm saying is, Wallace was a threat prior to being in Miami. He produced at a high level. His numbers don't lie. The problem is you people want what he isn't. Other systems with other qbs could get his worth, his value. But not Miami and maybe not RT. Greg Jennings would have been the better fut. But this fan base wanted and expected a splash during that off season. The cs and fo made the cardinal mistake of listening to the fans.

Wallace is a weapon. Send him to CLE or JAX and they could maximize his value. But once he's gone, look for tighter coverage and less windows. His value is grossly underestimated by the chattering class.

I love his speed and that he helps roll coverage his way. What I would like to see out of the 60 million Man is Heart, Fight for the Ball. Go get that thing like its your ball and no one else's.
I hope he gets his **** together. We need him to make plays and not just let them go by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt fight for the ball, win it with coverage and drops ****.

But thats what mike wallace is.... I always openly prefered the cheaper Jennings who would have been a good fit for us

RT has Wallace waiting for the ball instead of hitting him in stride or making him go get it.

Oh so you mean they were adapting to a changing NFL where speedsters are a dying breed and big bodied wide receivers that actually fight for the ball are a commodity? Good on them. It's a shame our FO wasn't ready to adapt yet.

You point out that they were emphasizing an offense with quick short throws so Ben wasn't taking a beating but honestly expect (especially after tonight) to be able to keep Tannehill upright for deep throws to develop?

Spot on, speedsters are a dying breed unless they have the ability to fight for the ball, which wallace does not, I say make him our kick and punt returner where he will do great. He is to weak to fight off physical corners and opposing defenses know how to stop him....

Why can't you guys see it. No heart+no football IQ+Body Catcher. He is the problem not Tannehill. Why is it RT has no issues with longball with other receivers ? Sick of hearing the blame on Tannehill...

Cause RT has never played with the speed that Wallace has not even close so "its not normal" combined that with the terrible oline virtually taking away his best attribute which is speed (going deep). Additionally, when you have to worry about getting hit and thinking more than playing your never going to get timing down esp on a deep ball to the fastest guy in the league. You gotta have confidence in the guys upfront period end of story.

Thats why this year watch Wallace will go off and everyone will love him again.

What I'm saying is, Wallace was a threat prior to being in Miami. He produced at a high level. His numbers don't lie. The problem is you people want what he isn't. Other systems with other qbs could get his worth, his value. But not Miami and maybe not RT. Greg Jennings would have been the better fut. But this fan base wanted and expected a splash during that off season. The cs and fo made the cardinal mistake of listening to the fans.

Wallace is a weapon. Send him to CLE or JAX and they could maximize his value. But once he's gone, look for tighter coverage and less windows. His value is grossly underestimated by the chattering class.
Who cares if Wallace was a threat before he came to Miami... That doesn't prove anything.... that is such a lazy man's argument... Look at what he has done since he has gotten paid and came to Miami.
How many players have been good/great elsewhere and gotten here and done squat?
Are you going to blame Wheeler & Ellerbe on the Coaches? Please.....

The problem is we are paying him to be our#1 WR and he is barely a glorified #2.. barely. Going back to the point of my original post. the Deepball problems is not not RT its on Wallace......
CHubbs

Who cares if Wallace was a threat before he came to Miami... That doesn't prove anything.... that is such a lazy man's argument... Look at what he has done since he has gotten paid and came to Miami.

The problem is we are paying him to be our#1 WR and he is barely a glorified #2.. barely. Going back to the point of my original post. the Deepball problems is not not RT its on Wallace......
CHubbs

Judge Wallace when he plays with an adequate line, where Thill can have time to hit him deep etc....Nobody compares apples to apples not having a good line is a enormous factor everyone over looks when discussing Thill and Wallace.

We signed Wallace because he was a deep threat game changer which he is but in order to do that what do you need???.. A good line its common sense. So everyone hates on wallace (which he could have a done a few things better this year) but his main strength (going deep) which made him who he is, is basically thrown out the window due to the Oline.

HAHA people are funny.

If he stinks this year then say he's the problem.

CHubbs

He had more yards and catches last year than he had in 2012 with Pittsburgh, slightly lower YPC, and 3 less TDs. 2010 was his peak season, and he's gone down consistently since then. Gotta be RT's fault right? :err:

He had more yards and catches last year than he had in 2012 with Pittsburgh, slightly lower YPC, and 3 less TDs. 2010 was his peak season, and he's gone down consistently since then. Gotta be RT's fault right? :err:

In hindsight, Big Ben with his elusiveness and built-like - a-brick-****house upright ability was the perfect time-buying QB for Wallace.

While I think Brady and Manning might have more success throwing to him than Tannehill, I don't think appreciably so unlike a Brees or Wilson who could buy some time and have the ability to then fling it.

Wallace's failure so far to succeed (although as someone else pointed out did have more yards for us last season than he did in 2012) is IMO convenient but if not dishonest, then vacuum-visioned fodder for the Tannehaters. However when you factor in that it was Tannehill who made a natural #2 or #3 4th round drafted WR into a consecutive 1000yd producer, is in precision synch with Gibson and turning Mathews, a 7th rounder into a potent weapon, unless you have a Pavlovian-like anti-RT17 agenda, then you've gotta seriously consider that the fault just might lie with a receiver with slippery hands, inconsistent route-running and who neither fights for the reception nor to break up the interception.

I think we need to wait till we see some regular season games before shooting anything down. It's disappointing going into year 2 Tanny and Wallace aren't clicking, but it's still only the preseason. By the way lets look at a case study for a minute, Chad Henne and Brandon Marshall never clicked and there was a split on who was to blame. A few years later who do you think was the problem? The proven receiver or the unknown entity at QB? Lets hope Tanny can get it done this year.

Back
Top Bottom