Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

Maybe the rule changes will help Wallace because he doesn't like hand fighting - he doesn't like being re-routed and if the refs are happy to throw flags we will convert a few more first downs, and keep the chains moving...

Pittsburgh didn't have the money to resign him. Everyone knows this.
Yes, but they didn't have the money because they gave that money to the guy they thought was their no.1 receiver, A.Brown...

Yes, but they didn't have the money because they gave that money to the guy they thought was their no.1 receiver, A.Brown...

1. They gave Brown a good deal less.
2. They offered Wallace a better contract than the one Brown received.
3. They made this offer to Wallace before they made Brown an offer.
4. Antonio Brown is a great WR, and he'd be much better for Tannehill. That doesn't diminish what Wallace is.

http://www.si.com/si-wire/2012/07/28/mike-wallace-contract-update-steelers-antonio-brown-holdout

The Pittsburgh Steelers actually offered more money to wide receiver Mike Wallace than they gave to Antonio Brown in a new contract on Friday — and Wallace still turned it down.
The Pittsburgh Tribune Review's Mark Kaboly reported that the Steelers proposed giving Wallace — who is currently holding out of training camp and refusing to sign a one-year tender — a five-year, $50 million long-term contract. That's more than the Steelers gave Brown in a five-year, $42.5 million deal. But Wallace turned down that offer.

That video of the pass yesterday shows me one thing, well 2 things.

Wallace would've caught the ball if he wasn't held, and 2 Tannehill threw a pretty pass.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

4. Antonio Brown is a great WR, and he'd be much better for Tannehill. That doesn't diminish what Wallace is.

http://www.si.com/si-wire/2012/07/28/mike-wallace-contract-update-steelers-antonio-brown-holdout

This is true.

Brown on this team would be awesome.

Didn't know they offered more to Wallace, and WTF was he thinking turning down that deal... It would have kept him with the perfect kind of QB for him while still paying him a whole lot more than what he`s actually worth...

Didn't know they offered more to Wallace, and WTF was he thinking turning down that deal... It would have kept him with the perfect kind of QB for him while still paying him a whole lot more than what he`s actually worth...

Wallace is not a smart player, and he doesn't maximize his talents. I understand why fans get frustrated with him. His athleticism, though, still makes him a very dangerous weapon. We have five (maybe 6 or even 7 if Sims emerges) capable-to-good possession receivers in Landry, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, Clay, Williams, and (again, maybe) Sims. Outside of Wallace, we don't have a guy who can take the top off the D. The middle of the field wasn't nearly so open before Wallace arrived to Miami. I know that we'd all like to see him improve his weak areas to become a truly great WR. It doesn't look like that's ever going to happen, but he's still a valuable piece this season. Given his contract, he'll likely be gone in 2015, and he might put a little extra effort out there, knowing that it's essentially a contract year.

During his time at Pittsburgh, including his rookie year, Wallace averaged 1,011 yards per season with 8 TD's. He also averaged 17.2 YPC. In terms of a pure deep threat, Miami has one of the top 2 or 3 in the NFL. Ideally, he'd be tougher and more versatile, but we've seen that his former team knew how to utilize his elite traits.

starting to believe that RT isn't 'missing' Wallace.. just the opposite.. Wallace doesn't give a sh**.. he ain't goin hard.. put Landry out at 1, I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts he catches 80% of those throws

starting to believe that RT isn't 'missing' Wallace.. just the opposite.. Wallace doesn't give a sh**.. he ain't goin hard.. put Landry out at 1, I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts he catches 80% of those throws
I believe Landry will be a good player, but go routes wont be the reason why...

oYR-1.gif

THANK YOU!

There is ONE. I have heard so much about all of these deep throws Tannehill hits to WRs not named Wallace, I just know there has to be more despite the fact that I have watched every single game and do not recall them.

This ONE I recall. Opening week vs. the Browns. This ball travels precisely 40 yards from where it was thrown(+ the distance accounting for the area to the left). So where are these other deep throws Tannehill puts right in there?

You are the only poster who has answered this with PROOF. I have asked this before in a similar thread........ crickets.

It is not as if these games are being played in secret folks. The evidence is all on film for everyone to see. So lets see it. There are some incredible claims being thrown around with no evidence to back them.

THANK YOU!

There is ONE. I have heard so much about all of these deep throws Tannehill hits to WRs not named Wallace, I just know there has to be more despite the fact that I have watched every single game and do not recall them.

This ONE I recall. Opening week vs. the Browns. This ball travels precisely 40 yards from where it was thrown(+ the distance accounting for the area to the left). So where are these other deep throws Tannehill puts right in there?

You are the only poster who has answered this with PROOF. I have asked this before in a similar thread........ crickets.

It is not as if these games are being played in secret folks. The evidence is all on film for everyone to see. So lets see it. There are some incredible claims being thrown around with no evidence to back them.
How do you grade Tannehill`s performance thus far in training camp?

Different types of receivers.

Tannehill is good at throwing direct laser beams. He is not so good at hitting a super-fast WR in stride, on a deep go route. That requires a different bit of touch & timing.

Therefore, Tannehill is a good match with Matthews, Landry, Gibson, Hartline since they have good hands on the intermediate routes.

But Tannehill is not a good match with Mike Wallace, who is a super-fast WR that excels at the deep go route.

Pair Mike Wallace with Ben Roethlisberger, and Mike Wallace is deadly.

Pair Mike Wallace with Tannehill, and he's not nearly as effective.

So what you're saying is Roth made Wallace look good and that he really just sucks

How do you grade Tannehill`s performance thus far in training camp?

I cant grade him on that. I really do not have much to go on. Omar's tweets are pretty meaningless to me.

I have 31 games of Tannehill to go on. He is a C- so far.

THANK YOU!

Wallace is t he problem...u can give the Tannehill hating a rest...Wallace is not good he's fast but not a good football player

Back
Top Bottom