Wallace has been \is the problem. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace has been \is the problem.

I think we need to wait till we see some regular season games before shooting anything down. It's disappointing going into year 2 Tanny and Wallace aren't clicking, but it's still only the preseason. By the way lets look at a case study for a minute, Chad Henne and Brandon Marshall never clicked and there was a split on who was to blame. A few years later who do you think was the problem? The proven receiver or the unknown entity at QB? Lets hope Tanny can get it done this year.

Not apples to apples as Henne had difficulty with seemingly lesser receivers also while Tannehill is the 5th most prolific first 2 year yardage QB working with less proven and talented receivers and almost despite Wallace!

In hindsight, Big Ben with his elusiveness and built-like - a-brick-****house upright ability was the perfect time-saving QB for Wallace.

While I think Brady and Manning might have more success throwing to him than Tannehill, I don't think appreciably so unlike a Brees or Wilson who could buy some time and have the ability to then fling it.

Wallace's failure so far to succeed (although as someone else pointed out did have more yards for us last season than he did in 2012) is IMO convenient but if not dishonest, then vacuum-visioned fodder for the Tannehaters. However when you factor in that it was Tannehill who made a natural #2 or #3 4th round drafted WR into a consecutive 1000yd producer, is in precision synch with Gibson and turning Mathews, a 7th rounder into a potent weapon, unless you have a Pavlovian-like anti-RT17 agenda, then you've gotta seriously consider that the fault just might lie with a receiver with slippery hands, inconsistent route-running and who neither fights for the reception nor to break up the interception.

I agree with this completely, and I'm not someone who is exactly 100% sold on Tannehill, but it's clear Wallace isn't a good fit for him. Big Ben with his improvisation ability made Wallace appear much better than he really is. Tannehill is not the same type of QB. Tannehill isn't that guy.

Mike Wallace is a massively overpaid one trick pony. We would've served much better signing Greg Jennings. Precise route runner, and proven veteran who adjust to the football.

wallace the problem huh.

not according to the coaches and his team mates.

tanny has gotten that rep. it was the COACHES who said at the beginning of camp that TANNY needed to get his deep ball better and get on the same page with wallace.

not the other way around.

nice rant though!!

AND I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY of you guys bought into the "were gonna get 30 points on tampa this weekend and tanny will throw 3 td's" nonsense. some of you have been saying and believing this stuff since that first drive in atlanta that its now part of you belief system!!

i have never bought into the "were hiding things, we didnt do this or that because its all a smoke screen" stuff.

the last 3 out of 4 coaches we had were not smart enough for that. THIS ONE IS!! and i think lazor is instilling his poker face and his "ok, whats he REALLY going to do this week" opponent mind fuq. i doubt this team spent any time on tampa other than where they were staying and what was for lunch.

mind fuq 101. the rest of the division is trying to get an early bead on this new guy in the house. lazor knows this. FIRST impressions are everything and he and staff put out the "WERE REALLY GOING TO PUT A GAME PLAN ON TAMPA" hype. and today you can bet billichek and ryan and the dude in barfallo took notice and went, " ok, that was not a game plan outing. whats this guy about? hmmmmmm?"

this will play over and over through out the regular season and beyond. before every division game, the opposing coaches will be asking themselves, " is all this were hearing about this up comming game true or is he doing something else, like he did in pre season with tampa?".

the evil geniuses of the nfl do those kind of things. bill walsh did. paul brown did. sam wyche did. marv levy did, don coryell did. all these guys with these hi potent, off the wall offenses kept teams thinking. MADE them over think and spend time "wondering".

i see lazor as the same kind of guy who would do just that. like poker. get everyone SLIGHTLY on tilt from the get go. it effects everything they do through the whole game. will he? wont he? what WILL he do?. tampa could just be lazors first miss direction, put em on tilt, mind fug move to start the party.

we shall see.

I think we need to wait till we see some regular season games before shooting anything down. It's disappointing going into year 2 Tanny and Wallace aren't clicking, but it's still only the preseason. By the way lets look at a case study for a minute, Chad Henne and Brandon Marshall never clicked and there was a split on who was to blame. A few years later who do you think was the problem? The proven receiver or the unknown entity at QB? Lets hope Tanny can get it done this year.

THIS is the correct post on the subject.

however, you left out WES WELKER, another guy who was "decent" here but when he got with a complete qb, he became ALL WORLD instantly.

and it appears that some of our brothers/sisters in this thread who call everyone who doesnt blame wallace a "tanny hater". they must also think PHILBIN and LAZOR are "tanny haters" because THEY are the ones who have said it is TANNY who needs to pic up and refine his long ball and get in sinc with wallace.

once again........., not the other way around!!! dont blame those of us and label us "haters" because we see the obvious and LISTEN to what the coaches say.

they new what Wallace was and now we do also.

no, pitt wasnt going to match the 8869 BILLION A YEAR desperate jeff ireland did. NO player in the nfl, or any sport is worth what he got.

the steelers were not desperate like ireland was. the gm's job wasnt on the line.

and, the pit offense hasnt quite been the same has it. why? because a guy like wallace, who torched EVERYONE he faced and score double digit td's made defenses play tight just him being on the field. there MAYBE 3 wr's in the nfl right now who make defenses play tight, brandon marshal, calvin johnson and MIKE WALLACE!!!

all this "pitt knew he sucked and didnt want " stuff is bunk. the ASTRONOMICAL MONEY is what sent wallace out of pittsburgh.

I hear a lot about these deep balls to other WRs and yet I never see them.

Show me the passes that Tannehill hits that travel 40+ yards downfield. Those are the ones he is trying to connect with Wallace on. Tannehill apologists want 20+ yard throws to count as deep balls.

oYR-1.gif

Only on finheaven do you see a thread about a player after watching his first snaps of the preseason.

uh no.......... this is alligator arms, fraid to go over the middle guy... seen this episode before...

can't stay late and run routes might "wear" the tread off my tires guy....

uh no.......... this is alligator arms, fraid to go over the middle guy... seen this episode before...

can't stay late and run routes might "wear" the tread off my tires guy....

In fairness, he has stayed late after practice to work with the JUGS machine...not paying off at all, unless he catches the JUGS with his chest also.

I guess you didn't see Tannehill overthrow him last night when he was open.

wallace the problem huh.

not according to the coaches and his team mates.

tanny has gotten that rep. it was the COACHES who said at the beginning of camp that TANNY needed to get his deep ball better and get on the same page with wallace.

nice rant though!!

AND I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY of you guys bought into the "were gonna get 30 points on tampa this weekend and tanny will throw 3 td's" nonsense. some of you have been saying and believing this stuff since that first drive in atlanta that its now part of you belief system!!

i have never bought into the "were hiding things, we didnt do this or that because its all a smoke screen" stuff.

the last 3 out of 4 coaches we had were not smart enough for that. THIS ONE IS!! and i think lazor is instilling his poker face and his "ok, whats he REALLY going to do this week" opponent mind fuq. i doubt this team spent any time on tampa other than where they were staying and what was for lunch.

mind fuq 101. the rest of the division is trying to get an early bead on this new guy in the house. lazor knows this. FIRST impressions are everything and he and staff put out the "WERE REALLY GOING TO PUT A GAME PLAN ON TAMPA" hype. and today you can bet billichek and ryan and the dude in barfallo took notice and went, " ok, that was not a game plan outing. whats this guy about? hmmmmmm?"

this will play over and over through out the regular season and beyond. before every division game, the opposing coaches will be asking themselves, " is all this were hearing about this up comming game true or is he doing something else, like he did in pre season with tampa?".

the evil geniuses of the nfl do those kind of things. bill walsh did. paul brown did. sam wyche did. marv levy did, don coryell did. all these guys with these hi potent, off the wall offenses kept teams thinking. MADE them over think and spend time "wondering".

i see lazor as the same kind of guy who would do just that. like poker. get everyone SLIGHTLY on tilt from the get go. it effects everything they do through the whole game. will he? wont he? what WILL he do?. tampa could just be lazors first miss direction, put em on tilt, mind fug move to start the party.

we shall see.

Funny how you don't hear the other WRs complaining though - maybe they are afraid that Ryan will stop throwing them the rock eh? Funny how our WRs and Clay have looked better than advertised these past 2 years...

you are the one reading into the message of the coaches. What we have here is another diva WR who got paid and the management wants to get some bang for the buck, he is already a "sulker" so they can't very well call him out publicly can they, he will just stop reaching for the ball as he did last season

of course you call on your LEADER to improve the working relationship that is good coaching - you cannot have Wallace's "cup half empty approach" fill up Ryan's passing stats... Coaches can ask the LEADER to fill up the MALCONTENTS cup... Common sense

he got paid and what dose he care what anyone thinks, he has a bed of money to lie in, this is not the short but tuff Steve Smith who will run through a wall to win

Speed & the deep ball is overrated unless you are the 1982 Raiders.

Did the potent Patriots O a few yrs ago have a speed WR? The donkeys did not last yr.

The 99/2000 Rams did and Az-Zahir Hakim (their speed guy) was the #3 WR.

So much fail in this post. Randy Moss? Demarius Thomas? Torry Holt?

In fairness, he has stayed late after practice to work with the JUGS machine...not paying off at all, unless he catches the JUGS with his chest also.

well he can stand still or play from his knees, so he doesn't he to put any wear on his tread :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom